Orr: My Story Book Discussion Thread

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is exactly how I felt about Playing With Fire. Great book, inspiring stuff to read, but Theo could get arrogant real quick. He spent more than a few pages complaining about having to learn how to backcheck, and that got old after awhile.

Sanderson, on the other hand, might've been 'arrogant' but more often than not the book doesn't seem to play him that way. He comes across as a guy who knew how to sell his image, and he was damned successful at that, obviously. I haven't finished Sanderson's book yet, but I would highly recommend it. It's a very tough read, but also very inspiring as well.

Great points, also found that Sanderson consistently took ownership of the things he did,with Theo, I felt he did this, but next paragraph stated stuff like "but in my defence".....his book is interesting however, Sanderson has, IMO, a 100% grasp on the honesty and humility part of sobriety

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I am almost finished the book....it's good and I find it amazing how little he talks about his achievements....almost like it was written by a 4th line plug...:laugh:

Favourite parts for me was the Bruins 70's chapter; don cherry and eagleson chapters too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->