Orr: My Story Book Discussion Thread

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Some Upcoming Bobby Orr Interviews

Looks like Bobby Orr is making the rounds promoting the upcoming Bobby Orr autobiograhy which is being released on October 15th. The first interview will air tomorrow morning on the CBS show Sunday Morning. After that there will be a couple interviews this week on the CBC - Monday night Peter Mansbridge will interview Bobby Orr on The National and then Orr will appear on the Thursday night episode of the George Stroumboulopoulos show. It's definitely always a treat to see the GOAT on TV. :handclap:

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Looks like Bobby Orr is making the rounds promoting the upcoming Bobby Orr autobiograhy which is being released on October 15th. The first interview will air tomorrow morning on the CBS show Sunday Morning. After that there will be a couple interviews this week on the CBC - Monday night Peter Mansbridge will interview Bobby Orr on The National and then Orr will appear on the Thursday night episode of the George Stroumboulopoulos show. It's definitely always a treat to see the GOAT on TV. :handclap:

Thanks,for the heads up.I just cued up the DVR.I am looking forward to reading the book.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
There are a few players, Bruin or otherwise that I wished I was old enough to have watched played, Mr. Orr is one of them. Dad could never find the right adjectives to describe how good he was and that was hard seeing as he was a Hab fan:)

My pops was invited to the Red Wings camp in 56/57 after his career at RPI ended, had the chance to rub elbows with Howe and Lindsay in what would be Lindsay`s final year with the Wings. Dad was cut after barely a week but said to watch those two play/practice was jaw dropping

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
There are a few players, Bruin or otherwise that I wished I was old enough to have watched played, Mr. Orr is one of them. Dad could never find the right adjectives to describe how good he was and that was hard seeing as he was a Hab fan:)

My pops was invited to the Red Wings camp in 56/57 after his career at RPI ended, had the chance to rub elbows with Howe and Lindsay in what would be Lindsay`s final year with the Wings. Dad was cut after barely a week but said to watch those two play/practice was jaw dropping

I played pick up hockey with Jeff Odgers after he was let go by the Bruins and looking for another job. This NHL fringe player had ridiculous skill when compared to anyone else I'd ever seen show up. I can't imagine a HOF player when compared to the masses.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I played pick up hockey with Jeff Odgers after he was let go by the Bruins and looking for another job. This NHL fringe player had ridiculous skill when compared to anyone else I'd ever seen show up. I can't imagine a HOF player when compared to the masses.

For sure, easy to forget when we watch players at the pro level but if we check their Junior stats, so many of them put up decent pt totals in Junior, think Thorty almost hit 20 in his last year with the Petes?

Not a heavyweight but Tootoo had a few exceptional years in Junior

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
For sure, easy to forget when we watch players at the pro level but if we check their Junior stats, so many of them put up decent pt totals in Junior, think Thorty almost hit 20 in his last year with the Petes?

Not a heavyweight but Tootoo had a few exceptional years in Junior

I remember seeing Ted Donato numerous times when he was 8 or 9. You'd swear you were seeing the next Orr. Jeff Norton,Kevin Stevens,Tim Sweeney,Ian Moran,Billy Tibbets,Mike Mottau and others still play some old man hockey in my neighborhood. It's still fascinating to watch.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Happy Bobby Orr Day!

I know I'm not the only one who is excited, I'm talking Jessie Spano levels, to get their hands on his autobiography that comes out today.

I thought I'd make a discussion thread where those who are reading/have read it to talk about it rather than clog the OT thread and "spoil" it for anyone.

I'll be getting my copy in an hour or so:handclap:

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Title:ORR: MY STORY.
Author:ORR, BOBBY
Publisher: PUTNAM Place of Publication:NEW YORK
Pub Year:2013 ISBN:9780399161759
Binding:Cloth Pagination:320 P.
LC Class:GV
Subject Headings:BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / SPORTS/SPORTS & RECREATION / HOCKEY/
Language:English OCLC:OCN820434267
US List:27.95 USD

Title Summary:
"One of the greatest sports figures of all time breaks his silence in a memoir as unique as the man himself. He has never written a memoir, authorized a biography, or talked to journalists about his past, but now he is finally ready to tell his story. Bobby Orr is often referred to as the greatest ever to play the game of hockey. From 1966 through the mid-seventies, he could change a game just by stepping on the ice. No defenseman had ever played the way he did, or received so many trophies, or set so many records, several of which still stand today. But all the brilliant achievements leave unsaid as much as they reveal. They don't tell what inspired Orr, what drove him, what it was like for a shy small-town kid to suddenly land in the full glare of the media. They don't tell what it was like when the agent he regarded as a brother betrayed him and left him in financial ruin. They don't tell what he thinks of the game of hockey today. He is speaking out now because "I am a parent and a grandparent and I believe that I have lessons worth passing on." Orr: My Story is more than a book about hockey-it is about the making of a man"-- A personal account by the record-breaking NHL defenseman traces his rise from a small-town youth to one of the most acclaimed names in hockey and discusses the events that inspired his career, the financially ruinous betrayal by his agent, and his views on the game today. A personal account by the record-breaking NHL defenseman traces his rise from a small-town youth to one of the most acclaimed names in hockey, providing coverage of such topics as the events that inspired his career, the financially ruinous betrayal by his agent and his views on the game today.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Happy Bobby Orr Day!

I know I'm not the only one who is excited, I'm talking Jessie Spano levels, to get their hands on his autobiography that comes out today.

I thought I'd make a discussion thread where those who are reading/have read it to talk about it rather than clog the OT thread and "spoil" it for anyone.

I'll be getting my copy in an hour or so:handclap:

I had to Google Jessie Spano :blush:

I'm a little bummed because Bobby Orr will be autographing books on Friday in Acton, right as I'm driving through Acton, but I don't have time to stop and wait in line.

Also, I can almost guarantee I'll be getting that book for Christmas from my sister, so I'll wait patiently.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Bobby Orr Autobiography - Orr: My Story

I just heard about this. Thinking I'm going to buy a hardcover copy. Only 12 dollars on Amazon, and it just came out today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...ils?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1381849502&seller=&sr=8-1

Just thought I would point this out in case anyone is interested!

515tQ-vBRPL._SY300_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad