Trade: [ORL/PHI] Markelle Fultz for OKC 1st, CLE 2nd, and Jonathon Simmons

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
76rs are such an graveyard. Young, Holiday, Noel, Vucevic, Carter-Williams, Payton/Saric (turned to be Butler), Okafor, Fultz... A lot of hype, a lot of high picks, not much success. Reminds me of Oilers at all.

Their drafting has sucked outside of no brainers like Simmons and Embiid. Saric was a good pick too I guess.

Its a lot for Orlando to pay but they have been so bad post D12 that they may as well try something new.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I could be wrong (obviously) but I don't believe Fultz's trouble has had anything to do with pressure, or confidence, or anything like that. He's been diagnosed with a physical ailment that impairs his shooting. If that gets fixed he will be very good, an all-star caliber player. In the limited amount he played, he showed everything else. Ball handling, getting to his spots, good defense, finishing at the rim. The only thing he wasn't doing well was shooting. The big concern from what's been reported, is that it could end up being a chronic thing.

I was diagnosed with the same thing. They seemed like they were guessing after all the testing. Turns our it was a herniated disc in my neck. They were sending me to surgery to remove my top rib when it wasn't even the issue. There is no way for them to show that Thoracic Outlet Syndrome was the cause with him and it seemed like an excuse that they could use.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Fultz needed a change of scenery.
All that pressure for a number 1 in Philly, plus the media hounding him must’ve gotten into his head.

He can refund his game in Orlando, with much less scrutiny and press I’m sure.

His own mother had security cameras installed INSIDE his house and made anyone entering sign legal paperwork. It wasn't the media or the city. Danny Ainge said he knew he didn't have it the moment he met him. He could see it. He didn't lose it when he got here.

Reactions: Voight

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
76rs are such an graveyard. Young, Holiday, Noel, Vucevic, Carter-Williams, Payton/Saric (turned to be Butler), Okafor, Fultz... A lot of hype, a lot of high picks, not much success. Reminds me of Oilers at all.

Not sure why you included Young, Holiday and Vucevic here. For starters, none had "hype" surrounding them as all were drafted in the teens. Second, all 3 were drafted years before the whole process stuff started (07, 09, and 11 respectively). And third, all 3 have either met or exceeding draft expectations. Holiday has even been an All-Star.

Fultz, Okafor and Noel I'll give you. MCW, Hinkie was smart enough to sell high on. Saric has pretty much been as advertised. The only hype around him was being one of the "process" players. Hinkie's model was always to hoard assets and have as many shots as you could get to find a ouple stars knowing that not everyone was gonna pan out. Out of all those guys they got two in Embiid and Simmons and a good enough role player in Saric that they were able to use in a trade to acquire a 3rd one.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
His own mother had security cameras installed INSIDE his house and made anyone entering sign legal paperwork. It wasn't the media or the city. Danny Ainge said he knew he didn't have it the moment he met him. He could see it. He didn't lose it when he got here.

Source?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Great deal for the Magic hopefully. Fultz has lots of potential and hopefully with a core with him at PG, Gordon at PF, Bamba and Vuc at C, we could eventually have a pretty solid team. I just want Zion or Reddish too :P

Vuc is a free agent after this season.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

His mom definitely seems a little over protective. Doesn’t mean he can’t play though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...e-fultz/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3c050bf9af41

Fultz is now a professional on a four-year contract worth $33 million, but close associates said Ebony still goes to great lengths to shield him. During Fultz’s first season in Philadelphia, Ebony had cameras installed inside his New Jersey home, according to several people familiar with the setup who described the indoor surveillance as unusual. The cameras have since been removed. Multiple people said Ebony has asked some who have dealt with Fultz to sign nondisclosure agreements for reasons that are unclear to them.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Their drafting has sucked outside of no brainers like Simmons and Embiid. Saric was a good pick too I guess.

Its a lot for Orlando to pay but they have been so bad post D12 that they may as well try something new.

They might as well try ANYTHING. They lost out hard on a PG on draft night and not doing anything until they inevitably pick like 9th isn't gonna fix anything

Reactions: Voight

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Fultz took shots at the Sixers coaching in his intro press conference. Said he'll finally have coaches that push him and don't tell him what he wants to hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->