Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
c2dff3e4bbe638c585cfb10d7e18110d--surprise-me-shocked-cat.jpg

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I assume Orlando wants him to run the point as they have Fournier at the 2.
It's a good deal for both sides, I suppose.
Fultz such a wild card but he in theory will be an upgrade over Augustin.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Fultz needed a change of scenery.
All that pressure for a number 1 in Philly, plus the media hounding him must’ve gotten into his head.

He can refund his game in Orlando, with much less scrutiny and press I’m sure.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Orlando needs to just let him play to his strengths and hope he can regain some confidence for the rest of this season.

Don't try to over coach him. Don't limit him. Don't worry about losing games. Just let him go out and see if the college version of Fultz shows up.

If so, this will be a huge win for Orlando. I'm still not sold on Fultz, but this could turn out to be huge for them.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I could be wrong (obviously) but I don't believe Fultz's trouble has had anything to do with pressure, or confidence, or anything like that. He's been diagnosed with a physical ailment that impairs his shooting. If that gets fixed he will be very good, an all-star caliber player. In the limited amount he played, he showed everything else. Ball handling, getting to his spots, good defense, finishing at the rim. The only thing he wasn't doing well was shooting. The big concern from what's been reported, is that it could end up being a chronic thing.

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I think Fultz was a great low-risk chance to take for any smaller team.

I'm not necessarily sold on him either, but there's some talent there, and getting out of the spotlight of a top team into a less pressure environment maybe that works out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thus ends a situation that was a disaster for both from the beginning. Remember, the Sixers traded a 1st to get Fultz. But that was Coangelo's problem and not Elton Brand's.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Thus ends a situation that was a disaster for both from the beginning. Remember, the Sixers traded a 1st to get Fultz. But that was Coangelo's problem and not Elton Brand's.

That first came from the Kings who may very well make the playoffs this year, so it might not be nearly as valuable as it looked when the trade was made.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That first came from the Kings who may very well make the playoffs this year, so it might not be nearly as valuable as it looked when the trade was made.
I thought it was the OKC 1st they had once before already

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Great deal for the Magic hopefully. Fultz has lots of potential and hopefully with a core with him at PG, Gordon at PF, Bamba and Vuc at C, we could eventually have a pretty solid team. I just want Zion or Reddish too :P
Don't forget about Isaac. Dude is a baller. This is actually a pretty solid lineup to develop.....except it's gonna be Bamba and not Vuc long term

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Don't forget about Isaac. Dude is a baller. This is actually a pretty solid lineup to develop.....except it's gonna be Bamba and not Vuc long term
True true I forgot about Isaac, but Vuc has been very good this season, although he ain’t the long-term option, if he keeps playing the way he has been I wouldn’t mind seeing him stick around.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
True true I forgot about Isaac, but Vuc has been very good this season, although he ain’t the long-term option, if he keeps playing the way he has been I wouldn’t mind seeing him stick around.
he's playing like it's a contract year for him.....it's more likely he gets a max offer and Orlando says bye bro. Would be shocked if he doesn't go to Dallas tbh.
Bamba is a keeper though, team is setup to at least compete for the playoffs sooner than later.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I might be way off and I sort of hope I am, since everything you hear about Fultz makes him seem like a likable guy, but I don't think he ever figures it out.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Magic kept Ross and their own first, addressed a position of need.

Could be a big win for Orlando if Fultz can get himself right.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
76rs are such an graveyard. Young, Holiday, Noel, Vucevic, Carter-Williams, Payton/Saric (turned to be Butler), Okafor, Fultz... A lot of hype, a lot of high picks, not much success. Reminds me of Oilers at all.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad