Signing(s): Orioles re-sign Chris Davis

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
If he stops hitting, he's got no wear on his arm from playing 1B/DH, so make him a pitcher. #seriousnotserious

I love Crush, and my thoughts on this deal cannot be made rational, so I won't even comment. I'm just happy to have the gigantic man back in my life.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Chris Davis 2018:

Batting Average: .175
Strikeouts: 177

giphy.gif

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I was completely wrong. I said the contract would be atrocious in year 4 but here we are in year 3 and he's having one of the worst seasons ever.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm actually surprised .168 was the lowest. You'd think someone would've done worse in all these years.

Not a proud moment for Davis or the Orioles. He'll bounce back next year I bet.

Reactions: Voight

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm actually surprised .168 was the lowest. You'd think someone would've done worse in all these years.

Not a proud moment for Davis or the Orioles. He'll bounce back next year I bet.
It's actually the lowest by .011. Rob Deer in 1991 for the Tigers and Dan Uggla in 2013 for the Braves were the previous worst with a .179 average.

Not sure if he'll ever bounce back. Some guys just never regain their bat speed or pitch awareness when they get older.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's actually the lowest by .011. Rob Deer in 1991 for the Tigers and Dan Uggla in 2013 for the Braves were the previous worst with a .179 average.

Not sure if he'll ever bounce back. Some guys just never regain their bat speed or pitch awareness when they get older.

Damn.

(that was for the previous record, and also your likes-to-posts ratio. How'd you manage that? :laugh:)

Reactions: CanesInducedComa

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's rare for a guy to hit this badly yet to be seen by his team as a star player. Most guys who'd flirt with this record would find themselves out of a Major League job pretty quickly. That's why this is the record.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The Orioles owe him a gazillion dollars still. He probably would have been DFA'ed months ago if not for his horrendous contract. I doubt they seem him as a star player anymore. Even the most delusional owner or GM isn't that delusional.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The one time Scrooge McAngelos actually opened up the purse strings, it failed hard :laugh:

Its ok tho, he'd rather pay Davis big money to suck than play his star players.

*I will always have a special place in my heart for Crush Davis since he helped me win my fantasy league in 2013

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
"The Baltimore Orioles have seen enough from Chris Davis this season. The once-feared hitter, whom Baltimore committed a whopping $161 million to prior to the 2016 season, will not play in any of the team’s final three games. The decision is not injury related, according to reports from Baltimore. There’s simply no point in watching Davis struggle any more than they already have. Davis, 32, will finish the season in a 1-for-37 slump. Worse yet, he will finish the season with the worst qualified batting average in Major League Baseball history." Orioles' $161 million man finishes season with worst batting average in MLB history

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Orioles owe him a gazillion dollars still. He probably would have been DFA'ed months ago if not for his horrendous contract. I doubt they seem him as a star player anymore. Even the most delusional owner or GM isn't that delusional.

That plus the Orioles don't exactly have viable major leaguers or prospects he's been blocking from playing anyway.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They're already paying him for like 15 years after his deal ends. I wonder how many years a buyout would spread it over lol.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Not for nothing, I live in Baltimore and am good friends with someone high up in the organization, like not a friend of a friend, but good friends, and they have told me he is a complete tool in the locker room and pretty much universally hated by everyone on the team. Trainers, staff, fellow players, everyone.

What a mess.

Reactions: MurrayBannerman

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Not for nothing, I live in Baltimore and am good friends with someone high up in the organization, like not a friend of a friend, but good friends, and they have told me he is a complete tool in the locker room and pretty much universally hated by everyone on the team. Trainers, staff, fellow players, everyone.

What a mess.
I wonder if he was like that before.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Howard got killed by the shift. Is Davis still taking ADD meds? We know what happened when he stopped that one year.

I thought he'd still be like an Encarnacion type at this point. Dude just forgot how to hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad