Origins of the Lafleur trade

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Okay I know the Habs made a trade to get the rights to the #1 overall pick in '71 from the California Seals. Lafleur ended up going to the Habs and well we know the rest. But what was the trade that Pollock made to get California's 1st round pick? I cant remember. I know Pollock made a trade midway through 70-71 sending Ralph Backstrom over to LA to make sure that they had more points than California ensuring California would win the lottery. But what was the original trade?

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
Trade

Okay I know the Habs made a trade to get the rights to the #1 overall pick in '71 from the California Seals. Lafleur ended up going to the Habs and well we know the rest. But what was the trade that Pollock made to get California's 1st round pick? I cant remember. I know Pollock made a trade midway through 70-71 sending Ralph Backstrom over to LA to make sure that they had more points than California ensuring California would win the lottery. But what was the original trade?

The only trade that i recall from that season with montreal is the trade with Mickey Redmond and Frank Mahovlich with detroit.

SniperTom

Sep 13, 2005
The trade was made 22 May 1970

Cal got Ernie Hicke + Mon 1st in 1970 (Chris Oddleifson)

Mon got 1971 1st (Lafleur) + Francois Lacombe + Cash

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad