Origins of COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Guess what? Most scientists aren't scared of being wrong. They know they're going to be wrong 99.9% of the time. It's only political weasels who refuse to learn from their experiences and are worried about doubling back.

People have just been so damn dumb as to say "Oh, Dr. Fauci or the CDC or whoever said we didn't need masks at the start and then after we got a little bit more information found that masks actually help! Clearly, they can't stick to a story". Science moves as we learn more about whatever it is we study. We have our hypothesis and then we test the hypothesis. If an action helps, we undertake it. If it has no effect, we keep looking. If it is having a negative impact, we stop immediately and change gears. We've been sold the bill of goods so long that now people with decades of experience in a field actually have that used against them and their knowledge of infection as opposed to that knowledge giving them an expertise.

Now, I do think it is appropriate to continue to search and test out any hypothesis of where this came from. I still think it's far too early to come to any definitive conclusion of "man-made bioweapon vs man-caused lab leak vs coincidential and very unlucky natural animal transference and mutation." There are many signs still that it could be any of these. But someone who wants to come down with a strong "This is how it happened?" They're full of shit right now. People are far too willing to accept "It's possible that it could have leaked from the BSL-4 lab in China" means "China deliberately released this virus for nefarious purposes" or "China was woefully negligent in controlling the leaks at the lab". Stating something is a possibility does not mean that thing happened. Pointing the research finger at something else does not mean the original hypothesis is now invalid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->