Origins of COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well...what a suprise. Not. The left wing and former "China lab theory is a racist right wing conspiracy" has gone flat out pro lab escape....

The Washington Post....
Congress is finally investigating the lab accident covid-19 origin theory

For a variety of reasons, no credible investigation into the origins of the coronavirus that continues to plague the world has taken place. Beijing has spent more than a year covering up the origin and punishing any country that dares call for an independent investigation. Chinese authorities undermined the WHO investigation so thoroughly that even WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus admitted that its team did not properly investigate the possibility of a lab accident origin and that more work needed to be done.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said last month that “we need to get to the bottom of this,” and Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines has testified that the U.S. government is investigating both the natural spillover and lab accident theories. But the Biden administration reportedly isn’t really pushing for a genuine investigation into the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which was conducting risky experiments through what is known as “gain of function” research on bat coronaviruses that infect humans.

For a variety of reasons, no credible investigation into the origins of the coronavirus that continues to plague the world has taken place. Beijing has spent more than a year covering up the origin and punishing any country that dares call for an independent investigation. Chinese authorities undermined the WHO investigation so thoroughly that even WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus admitted that its team did not properly investigate the possibility of a lab accident origin and that more work needed to be done.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...bfb0e4-aeaf-11eb-b476-c3b287e52a01_story.html

Last edited:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Notice the ANTI-TANK trough and heavy military presence in front of the lab. This is supposedly a "civilian research lab". Lol

Also a link that no one can find the animal that supposedly is the origin. Maybe they should try the local supermarket freezer section? After all, the CCP puppets aka "scientist" claimed it may had a frozen food origin. No really, frozen food.

They should try my latest theory.....it came from my uncle George's goat butt....but now all the evidence gone after the delicious Easter spit roast.

Top researchers are calling for a real investigation into the origin of covid-19

A group of prominent biologists say there needs to be a “safe space” for asking whether the coronavirus came out of a lab.
by

May 13, 2021
2E96PBK_web.jpg

REUTERS/THOMAS PETER

A year ago, the idea that the covid-19 pandemic could have been caused by a laboratory accident was denounced as a conspiracy theory by the world’s leading journals, scientists, and news organizations.

But the origin of the virus that has killed millions remains a mystery, and the chance that it came from a lab has become the theory that cannot be put to rest.

Now, in a letter in the journal Science, 18 prominent biologists—including the world’s foremost coronavirus researcher—are lending their weight to calls for a new investigation of all possible origins of the virus, and calling on China’s laboratories and agencies to “open their records” to independent analysis.
“We must take hypotheses about both natural and laboratory spillovers seriously until we have sufficient data,” the scientists write.

No one can find the animal that gave people covid-19

The letter, which was organized by the Stanford University microbiologist David Relman and the University of Washington virologist Jesse Bloom, takes aim at a recent joint study of covid origins undertaken by the World Health Organization and China, which concluded that a bat virus likely reached humans via an intermediate animal and that a lab accident was “extremely unlikely.”

That conclusion was not scientifically justified, according to the authors of the new letter, since no trace of how the virus first jumped to humans has been found and the possibility of a laboratory accident received only a cursory look. Just a handful of the 313 pages of the WHO origins report and its annexes are devoted to the subject.

Marc Lipsitch, a well-known Harvard University epidemiologist who is among the signers of the letter, said he had not expressed a view on the origin of the virus until recently, choosing instead to focus on improving the design of epidemiological studies and vaccine trials—in part because the debate over the lab theory has become so controversial. “I stayed out of it because I was busy dealing with the outcome of the pandemic instead of the origin,” he says. “[But] when the WHO comes out with a report that makes a specious claim about an important topic … it’s worth speaking out.”

Top researchers are calling for a real investigation into the origin of covid-19

Reactions: End of Line

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Notice the ANTI-TANK trough and heavy military presence in front of the lab. This is supposedly a "civilian research lab". Lol

Also a link that no one can find the animal that supposedly is the origin. Maybe they should try the local supermarket freezer section? After all, the CCP puppets aka "scientist" claimed it may had a frozen food origin. No really, frozen food.

They should try my latest theory.....it came from my uncle George's goat butt....but now all the evidence gone after the delicious Easter spit roast.

A group of prominent biologists say there needs to be a “safe space” for asking whether the coronavirus came out of a lab.
by

May 13, 2021

REUTERS/THOMAS PETER

A year ago, the idea that the covid-19 pandemic could have been caused by a laboratory accident was denounced as a conspiracy theory by the world’s leading journals, scientists, and news organizations.

But the origin of the virus that has killed millions remains a mystery, and the chance that it came from a lab has become the theory that cannot be put to rest.

Now, in a letter in the journal Science, 18 prominent biologists—including the world’s foremost coronavirus researcher—are lending their weight to calls for a new investigation of all possible origins of the virus, and calling on China’s laboratories and agencies to “open their records” to independent analysis.
“We must take hypotheses about both natural and laboratory spillovers seriously until we have sufficient data,” the scientists write.

No one can find the animal that gave people covid-19

The letter, which was organized by the Stanford University microbiologist David Relman and the University of Washington virologist Jesse Bloom, takes aim at a recent joint study of covid origins undertaken by the World Health Organization and China, which concluded that a bat virus likely reached humans via an intermediate animal and that a lab accident was “extremely unlikely.”

That conclusion was not scientifically justified, according to the authors of the new letter, since no trace of how the virus first jumped to humans has been found and the possibility of a laboratory accident received only a cursory look. Just a handful of the 313 pages of the WHO origins report and its annexes are devoted to the subject.

Marc Lipsitch, a well-known Harvard University epidemiologist who is among the signers of the letter, said he had not expressed a view on the origin of the virus until recently, choosing instead to focus on improving the design of epidemiological studies and vaccine trials—in part because the debate over the lab theory has become so controversial. “I stayed out of it because I was busy dealing with the outcome of the pandemic instead of the origin,” he says. “[But] when the WHO comes out with a report that makes a specious claim about an important topic … it’s worth speaking out.”

China got rid of most of the animals in its wildlife farms back in February 2020. If it came from those, you're not going to find it now or ever.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Also, you should check out the BSL-4 in Atlanta. It has pretty heavy security too.
2021_05_16_17.38.02.jpg

This is more military level security.

Note tank trap all around the buildings. Probably anti-personel mined.

Not detailed enough to see machine gun nest although highly likely they have personal carriers in those buildings.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure I’m totally buying what you’re selling but that tank trap thing is weird. Thought it was just for run-off but it circles the whole complex.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not sure I’m totally buying what you’re selling but that tank trap thing is weird. Thought it was just for run-off but it circles the whole complex.

Ummm..I know a thing or ten about security and defensive measures. This level in a city in the middle of the country is unusual since there is no armored threat. Truck trench only needs to be about three feet wide, but usually done with concrete barriers. This is a light armored and tracked military vehicle trench.

Their highest concern would be a stolen APC (armoured personel carrier) which they probably keep in nearby bases. It appears they have three entry points and probably have rising steel barrier. Also limited width entry would keep trucks and APC at bay.

I'm not against this level of security, but there shouldn't be any illusions that this is a simple "civilian lab".

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
View attachment 434657
This is more military level security.

Note tank trap all around the buildings. Probably anti-personel mined.

Not detailed enough to see machine gun nest although highly likely they have personal carriers in those buildings.

Ummm..I know a thing or ten about security and defensive measures. This level in a city in the middle of the country is unusual since there is no armored threat. Truck trench only needs to be about three feet wide, but usually done with concrete barriers. This is a light armored and tracked military vehicle trench.

I'm not against this level of security, but there shouldn't be any illusions that this is a simple "civilian lab".

It's a BSL-4 lab, not a "simple civilian lab". It needs to be protected because of what is inside that could be used by people with malicious intentions.

There's plenty of heavy security in Atlanta. I can guarantee you that an armed group would not make it through. China is just being China.

Reactions: Hoek

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's a BSL-4 lab, not a "simple civilian lab". It needs to be protected because of what is inside that could be used by people with malicious intentions.

There's plenty of heavy security in Atlanta. I can guarantee you that an armed group would not make it through. China is just being China.

To armed civilian attack, probably impossible. Probably the same level as nuclear facilities and same level of "terminal unkindness" to any armed intrusion.

But...I was looking at the Atlanta location and not too thrilled about how close it is to civilian traffic. The already knew about Oklahoma so I'm not sure why they chose that spot...unless it was a continuation of existing facilities.

Obviously they are also concerned because they asked for 400 millon for a new facility. Primarily for better security.

Just to be extra Western stupid, Google Earth has plenty of info too for those who are mentally malnourished and of intent.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
- The video posted above doesn't present any facts at all, but,
- I'll see your Steve Bannon and raise you a CNN.

If you want to trust articles that use blog posts as sources, for which all authors but one use false name (if they even exist in the first place) and list their affiliations as a non-profit political organization (Rule of Law Society), be my guest.

Some of her points are basically the same as the ones I have responded to in the thread, so I'm not going to waste my time on her.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Does Li Meng

If you want to trust articles that use blog posts as sources, for which all authors but one use false name (if they even exist in the first place) and list their affiliations as a non-profit political organization (Rule of Law Society), be my guest.

Some of her points are basically the same as the ones I have responded to in the thread, so I'm not going to waste my time on her.

I literally said she didn't provide a shred of evidence in the Tucker video. What more do you want me to say?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I literally said she didn't provide a shred of evidence in the Tucker video. What more do you want me to say?

Her article do presents (mis)information though. I took your 2nd comment as you siding with her. Sorry if that was not the case.

EDIT: Also thought the "video above" was the CNN article/video I posted. Sorry.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Her article do presents (mis)information though. I took your 2nd comment as you siding with her. Sorry if that was not the case.

EDIT: Also thought the "video above" was the CNN article/video I posted. Sorry.

Cool, no worries.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Let's face it, China will never co-operate and allow for independent investigation into the origin and the rest of the world can do nothing about it.

And good for them but there's nothing they can do to stop me and a lot of other people from believing it's a lab leak and if they want to prevent a proper investigation it, in my opinion that puts the onus squarely on them to disprove the leak theory. It's a no-win for them from a public perception point of view.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And good for them but there's nothing they can do to stop me and a lot of other people from believing it's a lab leak and if they want to prevent a proper investigation it, in my opinion that puts the onus squarely on them to disprove the leak theory. It's a no-win for them from a public perception point of view.
They've never cared about that kind of public perception before, why would they now?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oh, I know they don't care but this is a discussion board. I'm more talking about what my position will now be on the subject moving forward (and I assume others).
Ok... they don't care, so I doubt they see any onus on them and thus this will be discussed all around without ever getting confirmation is my point.

You say the onus is on them, they say "whatever" and walk away like always.

Reactions: Factorial

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I won't pretend to know about the specifics of the paper that she published but the part about using synonyms removing credibility is ridiculous when dealing with a state like the CCP.

"They are all Chinese but based here in the US," the source said. "They did not want their real names out there for fear of their families back in China."
Dr. Daniel Lucey, an infectious-disease epidemics expert at Georgetown University, said he can't think of another case of authors using pseudonyms in a scientific paper.
"If you used a fake name, then it would start calling into question, under normal circumstances -- if they weren't honest about their name, then what else are they not honest about?" he said.
But Lucey said the authors' concerns in this case might have merit.
"I would also think that the four coauthors would be worried about themselves in terms of ever going back to the mainland or Hong Kong," he said. "It's a real thing."

and

"Many experts who read Yan's research said they found it hard to reconcile the work with her seemingly impressive pedigree, which includes a stint at the University of Hong Kong's public health laboratory -- a World Health Organization collaborating facility. She has been published in Nature and The Lancet -- two prestigious academic journals -- and says she was among the first researchers in the world to become privy to the dangers of SARS-CoV-2.
"Dr. Yan's history and training is excellent," Rasmussen said. "I'd really like to hear from her why she decided to do this, because effectively, it has ruined her credibility as a virologist and it would be a career ending mistake to make."
Yan says she fled to the United States in April, according to a Fox News story. In that July piece, she went public with an allegation: Yan claimed that the Chinese government and the WHO had kept mum about their knowledge of the person-to-person transmission of the virus for weeks, even after Yan herself had said she raised the issue with her superiors in late December or early January.
"The reason I came to the US is because I deliver the message of the truth of COVID," Yan, saying she feared for her life, told the network from an undisclosed location in the US."

So do we just brush off all of what she says because she published her paper under a couple of people that are anti-CCP? Is it worth her and her family being in constant fear for her to get paid to make up such a story? To have essentially committed career suicide if her theory isn't proven to be the correct one? I do not follow Bannon, but I would assume that some of the time there is truth to some of what he says and maybe in this case the truth just so happens to have aligned with his anti-CCP agenda.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ok... they don't care, so I doubt they see any onus on them and thus this will be discussed all around without ever getting confirmation is my point.

You say the onus is on them, they say "whatever" and walk away like always.

So going beyond the origin theory, do you feel that there should be any kind of sanctions against the CCP? Relocation of some businesses. etc.? Or should the world just go on business as usual?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So going beyond the origin theory, do you feel that there should be any kind of sanctions against the CCP? Relocation of some businesses. etc.? Or should the world just go on business as usual?
Simple answer? No.

Did the US get sanctions for the Spanish Flu?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Simple answer? No.

Did the US get sanctions for the Spanish Flu?

Well one country decided to not allow the WHO in, lied about the virus not spreading person to person, shut down inter state travel while still allowing their citizens to travel elsewhere. Did the US do all of this knowingly back in the day? This is also assuming that SARS2 came out of nature and not the lab which IMO is not a foregone conclusion. Hardly an apples and apples comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->