Origin Stories - Hockey Magic

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hey all,

Everything I've read about the Oilers lately has been doom and gloom and it's upsetting and sad.

I wanted to write a more uplifting piece, so I wrote about my first ever live Oiler game.

I put this story out before I left for my honeymoon and completely forgot to post it on here. :laugh:

Anyway, give it a read, and I'd love to read about your early hockey experiences as well.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/10/origin-stories-magic-at-rexall/

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
This is great! :)

Sadly, I don't have much attachment to Rexall. I've been probably 6 or 7 times now..and we've lost every time. It's hard to feel much attachment to a place you associate with bitter disappointment, haha.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
To OP

Congrats on getting married and if I could add that you should be doing something else, other than posting on a hockey board on your honeymoon. :laugh:

I'm reasonably surprised you have the energy. :D

Nice story chaotic.

I went to the first game ever at Northlands Coliseum in the WHA against the Cleveland Crusaders with my dad. RIP. Dads seat wasn't bolted on. It was just sitting there. Dad had a back injury so I took the "seat" which staff put on top of a block so that I could see anything at all.

Apparently up to a 150 seats were still not bolted on that night. Sucked if you got one.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
To OP

Congrats on getting married and if I could add that you should be doing something else, other than posting on a hockey board on your honeymoon. :laugh:

I'm reasonably surprised you have the energy. :D

Nice story chaotic.

I went to the first game ever at Northlands Coliseum in the WHA against the Cleveland Crusaders with my dad. RIP. Dads seat wasn't bolted on. It was just sitting there. Dad had a back injury so I took the "seat" which staff put on top of a block so that I could see anything at all.

Apparently up to a 150 seats were still not bolted on that night. Sucked if you got one.

Thanks! Oh, I'm back now. I was gone all of last week, and I definitely had better things to do, though I did manage to catch a Kings-Isles game in a bar in Lahaina.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Thanks! Oh, I'm back now. I was gone all of last week, and I definitely had better things to do, though I did manage to catch a Kings-Isles game in a bar in Lahaina.

I suspected you were back, just teasing. Congrats again, hope it was great. :)

Hawaii, Maui, nice choice. I like Lahaina.

Nice choice of game to watch as well, haha. Love those Kings!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad