News Article: O'Reilly for Poeling + 2nd +... Would you have done it?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
In what world of yours is a prime-aged 60-70 point two way C going to play 4th line behind ****in a sophomore 19 year old, an undersized winger turned centre, and ****ing Danault.

ROR would be the best forward this team had played since Kovalev.

You missed the part where I said “not in that order”...

You try a little too hard hemlock. Read the post before getting excited. It saves you energy:)

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That's so dependant on the + that I'm not even sure I want to think about it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Just imagine if we had ROR as the top line center instead of Danault now and dropped him to 2nd line C once Koko could handle it.
Even now we’d likely be a far better and deeper team if we made that trade and it’s not like ROR is ancient. Hes under contract and has term for the time we’d need him and we still have Suzuki and other Cs developing in the minors.

Tatar ROR Gally
Drouin Domi Hudon
Lehkonen Koko Armia
Byron Danault Shaw

That’s pretty damn deep lineup, particularly at C. Even with injuries, Danault slides up to the 3 spot.

I get not making the trade but I think we’d have been ok either way

Reactions: Simarino

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
In what world of yours is a prime-aged 60-70 point two way C going to play 4th line behind ****in a sophomore 19 year old, an undersized winger turned centre, and ****ing Danault.

ROR would be the best forward this team had played since Kovalev.

Learn to read, you're not very good at it.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Given that Poehling might not even sign with us, I would have worked a deal.
This is what I always worry about when it comes to college kids. Chances are they will sign, but still :)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
This is what I always worry about when it comes to college kids. Chances are they will sign, but still :)

In the shoes of a GM, if for instance you still don't have a clear answer before the next TDL (year 3) as to whether he plans to sign or not, I think I would explore the trade market and see who is worth what. Maybe it was too early for the habs last time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->