Speculation: Order of Finish in the Central for 2018-19

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
  1. Nashville. I think they have something to prove.
  2. Winnipeg. Losing Stastny hurts, but still a powerhouse. Look out if Hellebuyck lives up to his contract.
  3. St. Louis. Made the most improvements, but that is a lot of new faces. I wouldn't be surprised by a sluggish, confused start while players get used to each other and lines are juggled. Could cost a few points in the competitive Central. Aaaand ... there's Allen.
  4. Colorado. Improved and pumped after last seasons emotional finish. Still not good enough, yet.
  5. Dallas. Not with that defense and goaltending.
  6. Chicago. Bad, but not as bad as some Blues fans think, (Or rather, want :)).
  7. Minnesota. Stood pat, and have a whole lot of mediocrity.
Lol, the bolded. I am imagining the Hockey Gods reading this and smirking ... "Oh Simon, you have no idea ..."

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I think The Blues pass The Preds, but not The Jets. They have home ice advantage over The Preds. That means 1 less game The Blues would be tempted to start Allen! :naughty: The Blues win the series 4-3. Blues then beat the Pacific Division team they play, but lose to The Jets in The Western Conference Finals.
We would play Jets round 2. Been drinking tonight?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We would play Jets round 2. Been drinking tonight?
No. I was just never clear on how the seedings structured the opponents after the First Round. If The Blues finish 2nd in The Central and beat Nashville, I predict The Blues will lose to Winnipeg 3-4 in a tough, hard fought series. I think Winnipeg's offence will be just a little too much for The Blues' team defence to handle.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
No. I was just never clear on how the seedings structured the opponents after the First Round. If The Blues finish 2nd in The Central and beat Nashville, I predict The Blues will lose to Winnipeg 3-4 in a tough, hard fought series. I think Winnipeg's offence will be just a little too much for The Blues' team defence to handle.

Honestly Robb, with how often you've seen the playoff structure change - I'll give you a pass here! :laugh:

Format barely changes from this template using the current model. They no longer re-seed after any given round.

WC2 vs Western conference #1 seed
WC1 vs Other Western division winner

60158069fd2fe3cc11e010bfb8dc3f5e.gif

So this year, out west currently...
Screenshot_20190327-013951_NHL.jpg

Clear as mud now Robb?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad