GDT: Oranges @ Note (Homage to Robb Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Man that Backes hit on Raffl was MASSIVE. Raffl should get a penalty for leaving the ice with his skates

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Great game.

Nice to see Porter get into the lineup. Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Jokinen get some games in the postseason, maybe at the expense of Berglund or Goc.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Haha, briefly tonight the Blues project to play the Kings in the first round.

Said it all year, but I can't really see the Kings finishing behind the Canadian teams.

We'll probably wind up playing Vancouver, since we always have problems with them.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Great game.

Nice to see Porter get into the lineup. Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Jokinen get some games in the postseason, maybe at the expense of Berglund or Goc.

Nothing against Porter, but that notion isn't very comforting. I said for three months pre-deadline that a swap centered Berglund for Glencross + picks would have been a perfect trade deadline move for both teams.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Said it all year, but I can't really see the Kings finishing behind the Canadian teams.

We'll probably wind up playing Vancouver, since we always have problems with them.

I could stomach that. Would love to see a symmetric sweep of Vancouver to bookcase the sweep the Blues endured.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

The Blues would defeat Vancouver in a 7 game series this season. One game might be unpredictable, but The Blues are a more balanced, deeper, stronger team.

RR10*

I don't fear Canucks at all. Over 7 games we should be fine. Hell, I don't even fear Blackhawks that much now when Patrick Kane is out. With Kane It would be close to impossible to beat them.

These are my favourable first round matchups:

1. Calgary
2. Vancouver/Winnipeg
3. Minnesota/San Jose
5. Nashville
6. LA/Chicago

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
Just wanted to say how proud how I was of the Blues effort last night. Obviously doubt Porter stays on the first line, but dang it worked. That Stas, Steen, Jaskin line was awesome. Hard to break that up! They could do some serious damage in the playoffs. Every line had good looks at the net. Props to Mason, because we definitely could have put up 3-4 goals if not for his stellar play.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
In honor of the GDT theme I have to ask this.

Robb, is your favorite music post-alternative? :sarcasm:

I have no idea whether you are asking if my favourite music is "Post-Alternative" music, or if my "favourite music post" is "alternative". In any case, I don't know what "alternative music" is.

if you are asking "what is my favourite music?", my answer is: Blues (Delta Blues, Chicago Blues, City Blues, Jump Blues), Rhythm and Blues(single artist and vocal harmony groups(DooWop), '60s Soul Music, Gospel Music, Jazz(Be Bop, Avant Garde, Ragtime, Boogie Woogie, Afro-Latin Jazz). In short: "African American music, from 1920s-1960s".

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Just wanted to say how proud how I was of the Blues effort last night. Obviously doubt Porter stays on the first line, but dang it worked. That Stas, Steen, Jaskin line was awesome. Hard to break that up! They could do some serious damage in the playoffs. Every line had good looks at the net. Props to Mason, because we definitely could have put up 3-4 goals if not for his stellar play.
I wonder if Berglund will play with Backes and Oshie, so Steen can stay with Stastny and Jaškin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad