Online Series: Orange Is The New Black season 6 and 7

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Since the search function is borked again and I can't find the old thread, I'll make new thread until it works again and mods may merge this with that one. Anyway, I finished the new season yesterday. I wasn't sure at first if I 'd like the new setting or plot of the season. But like with previous seasons, slowly you begin too see more of the characters history and feel like you know them and they become more familiar. I thought the whole C-block vs D-block or Carol's gang vs Barb's gang was going to get tiring but the finale delivered a surprising, yet enjoyable (and somewhat predictable) ending fro that thing. But...man, Taystee. :( The one plotline I was hoping would turn well but... Atleast they got somewhere back to realistic path with Piper and she got out (What Blanca got was too cruel though). If Uzo Aduba's been the shining star when it comes to acting, Danielle Brooks may get some nominations for this season.

Will be interesting how they handle the last season next year.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'm 5 episodes in and it's pretty good. There's a lot of story lines focusing on each girl involved in the riot. Poor Red is getting the worst of it, and Piper never changes. Actually, all the main actresses are doing excellent work this season. Yael Stone(Lorna) in particular has really taken off.

The new characters are somewhat interesting, but I haven't warmed up to any of them.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
I work in prisons and I thought the first season was an interesting take on prison life. Perhaps not truly accurate but at least somewhat close. After that it went to crap. The book was a much better representation of prison life.

Interestingly enough I actually treated one of the main characters in the book and subsequent show. I can’t tell you who or what for but I can tell you the first season actually depicted her fairly well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I work in prisons and I thought the first season was an interesting take on prison life. Perhaps not truly accurate but at least somewhat close. After that it went to crap. The book was a much better representation of prison life.

Interestingly enough I actually treated one of the main characters in the book and subsequent show. I can’t tell you who or what for but I can tell you the first season actually depicted her fairly well.

Well Taryn Manning seems to have had bad experience: OITNB's Taryn Manning Says 'Not One Cast Member Cares About Me': 'This Show Hurt Me So Bad'

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Finished the series this weekend. thought it was ok. The show was better in the earlier seasons imo but still an overall good watch.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Finished the series this weekend. thought it was ok. The show was better in the earlier seasons imo but still an overall good watch.
I remember season 4 being atrocious. I gave it another chance with season 5...and it was ok. Haven't started 6 yet though

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finished the series last night. That was a surprisingly emotional finale. They did a brilliant job of building all the character to a level that you ended up caring about them more than Piper. Some really sad fates for the ones at the ICE centre. I think Doggett's fate was the most upsetting one. She was the star of this season. Morello going fully in on her madness was kind of sad, though expected. Red getting hit by dementia after being in he shoe... It felt good to see several character growing out of their bad ways and getting their life in order. Caputo's realization of being "guilty" in the metoo thing was done well. You just knew at the end they'd go for a/that girl at the adoption agency. The closing credits made you feel like it was ride that you enjoyed being on more than you expected.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Show meandered. Should have stuck with the cartoon it started out as. Took itself way too seriously. This show embodied how out of touch the media is with most the U.S, assuming everyone wants a non-stop barrage of race goading, "which privilege," LGBTQ, prison reform, metoo, police brutality, etc. Trying to pull a 6 Feet Under at the end was a very cringy attempt at saving face. Started out as a novelty and will be forgetten shortly.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
finally got around to finishing the show last night, did a re-watch so it took me a while to get through the whole series. I loved the show in the first few seasons but he went downhill to the point that season 7 just dragged on. I might check out the book though.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
finally got around to finishing the show last night, did a re-watch so it took me a while to get through the whole series. I loved the show in the first few seasons but he went downhill to the point that season 7 just dragged on. I might check out the book though.

Wentworth is similar, but a bit darker. Less humor...

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->