Pre-Game Talk: Optimistic home team plays host to defending champs in stickpuck match

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
This might be the most GUARANTEED LOSS in Hcanes history

-Struggling team
-Division opponent in competition for playoffs(3 pts out of WC spot with games in hand)
-At home on a holiday weekend
-Likely biggest crowd of year
-Coming off a nice stretch of wins
-Other team is starting backup
-Pens defense is ridiculously injured

**EDIT** MARK IT DOWN RIGHT NOW. Carl Hagelin will have multiple breakaway opportunities in this game

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Also how do some of these other organizations manage to get steady and good goaltending regardless of the name on the jersey? Vegas, Pittsburgh, Washington, etc. Always seems like there is just another guy that can come in and make a name for himself. Then get pawned off to us and suck.

This team has caused me to have such a victim complex that I am already emotionally prepared for this draining loss and trying to imagine what way they can possibly surprise me this time....and we are coming off a winning streak. Christ.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Should be interesting to see what Peters does with 3 centers he wants nothing to do with starting in the defensive zone.
I mean, agreed but on the other hand Wallmark's pretty good defensively in his own right. I remember a few of us (myself one of them) that wanted him to be the #4 last year when he showed in the pre-season that he could play well both ends of the ice, though it's certainly a different level in the regular season to be sure.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I mean, agreed but on the other hand Wallmark's pretty good defensively in his own right. I remember a few of us (myself one of them) that wanted him to be the #4 last year when he showed in the pre-season that he could play well both ends of the ice, though it's certainly a different level in the regular season to be sure.

That’s why I think it will be interesting. Does he trust Wallmark enough to give him those assignments? What does he think of his face-off skills? If Nordy can’t go I think you might see Wallmark with Lindholm and McGinn getting those shifts and Rask centering PDG and Jooris.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
HUGE game. A win would be a serious confidence boost and it keeps a playoff spot within striking distance.

5-1 loss incoming.

Not just a confidence boost for us- but an utterly demoralizing blow to the Pens- hopefully an epic beatdown that has a taxicab sent to Rutherford's residence in Pittsburgh to take him away.

"It is not enough that I win..all others must lose"

- Ghengis Khan (Or as pronounced by John Kerry Jennjis Khan)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad