Opinions on Turris

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
So I have Turris in my keeper league and he is doing very well. I have been asked for him in a trade and I'm reluctant to let him go. I haven't been able to watch too many Sens games yet, so I was hoping you guys could give me an unbiased opinion of him.

What is his game like? Do you think he will turn into a game breaker at any point? What do you think his ceiling is? Is there still some untapped potential, or is he going to be a good 2nd line 50-60 pt player?

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
So I have Turris in my keeper league and he is doing very well. I have been asked for him in a trade and I'm reluctant to let him go. I haven't been able to watch too many Sens games yet, so I was hoping you guys could give me an unbiased opinion of him.

What is his game like? Do you think he will turn into a game breaker at any point? What do you think his ceiling is? Is there still some untapped potential, or is he going to be a good 2nd line 50-60 pt player?

It would help if we knew what the trade offer was :P

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think he's going to have a hard time being consistent as a first line center: he's a quality player but the added attention he will garner from the opposition will likely hinder him considerably.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
He should get a few more points than expected because of an increase in ice time with Spezza's injury. And he's on powerplay 1 with Karlsson, I'd keep him.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I can't answer for the hockeypool part but I sense he's not talented enough to become the topdog among centers. He thrives when not carrying the load. A decent second line center where not much pressure is on his shoulders. He skates and work hard but his hockey IQ is average. That's my thoughts. I would personaly see Ottawa with enough dept that can put Turris as a third line center.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I can't answer for the hockeypool part but I sense he's not talented enough to become the topdog among centers. He thrives when not carrying the load. A decent second line center where not much pressure is on his shoulders. He skates and work hard but his hockey IQ is average. That's my thoughts. I would personaly see Ottawa with enough dept that can put Turris as a third line center.

Turris is too good to be a third line center

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
It would help if we knew what the trade offer was :P

It's a pretty complex league, so I left that out. There is a salary cap during the draft and all players are auctioned off. You then can keep players and sign them to contracts on a $$/year basis or drop them back into the auction. Turris is one of our cheap contracts and he is young, so he is appealing to other teams looking to set themselves up for a run in the next couple of years.

I might keep him this year since he will chip in and is good for +/-. He might max out his value during the offseason...

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I think he's missed out on a lot of developmental hockey, so he really has more upside than most at his age. I think this year he will score at a 60 or so point pace but do it with a lack of style... over the years he will continue to hit 50-60 but will look increasingly better doing it until he is considered one of the elite 2nd liners in the game.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
I'd appreciate some opinions on Alfredsson as well.

Hockey Crazy, sorry to invade your thread. I figured I shouldn't make another one.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
lol yeah, I think we've seen lots of Alfie. He is getting older, but the hockey smarts are still there... maybe a 55 pt pace this year and then retirement?

i thinks thats fair he had some back trouble during the lock out so i think thats why he had a slow start and he still has 7 points in 10 games.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

turris has a nice skill set (great shot, good skating, good passing), is getting stronger (will be harder to knock off the puck, will be physically capable of using his work ethic to fight off defenders and win puck battles), and does not have only average hockey i.q. (my observation here could be a result of him playing with someone he has excellent chemistry with). in my opinion, he's going to be a solid second line center.

to answer your question (with my opinion) hockey crazy, turris should max out around where you said: a 50-60 point center. we won't truly know what he can do until he loses alfie though. alfredsson is still a good player at his age and they have great chemistry. after alfie retires, who knows how turris will do?

barabr10

UM ya that;s right
Jul 4, 2011
ottawa
My question is Turris was drafted 3rd overall, do you guys believe that if he plays at a 50-60 points pace, that being drafted that high becomes justified. I believe it was the 2007 draft and not that strong.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Turris could very well be a 35+ point player by the end of the season. If its a keeper league I would go ahead and keep him. He has the potential to be a decent 1st line player center.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
With Spezza out Turris's production is going to slow down IMO. He gets coverage from the other teams tops lines right now. He's on the PP with Karlsson which is also good for points but I think he's going to have a hard time without Spezza taking the majority of the defensive coverage.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
It's a pretty complex league, so I left that out. There is a salary cap during the draft and all players are auctioned off. You then can keep players and sign them to contracts on a $$/year basis or drop them back into the auction. Turris is one of our cheap contracts and he is young, so he is appealing to other teams looking to set themselves up for a run in the next couple of years.

I might keep him this year since he will chip in and is good for +/-. He might max out his value during the offseason...

Sounds about right. In a keeper league like that you are likely best to hold onto him for the duration of the year due to his increased icetime with Spezza out then flip him in the offseason for gains while his value remains high after a good season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Turris has been great as a 2nd line centre for this team, that trade has really worked out well for this team. While he may not be ready for 1st line duties completely right now, I think he is close & has 1st line potential. He is still very young & will only get better especially with some of the very good young forwards Ottawa has & will have playing with him.

Ottawa has a lot of very good young talent already here & more coming & it's just a matter of time before they mature & make it to the NHL & start playing some great hockey together. Not to mention Lehner who is having an outstanding season in Bingo, he too is a star in the making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->