Opinions on the following 2004 eligable prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

I have seen O'Neil the most out of these players.

He's a defensive stud. I have seen him for 2 years now, I saw him over 20 times last year in Green Bay and I've seen him this year 4 times. twice live. He has yet to harness his offensive upside. He just hasnt devoloped it yet. Could come eventually but in the mean time it's safe to say he'll be a shut down defender.
#2 kind of guy who well log alllllot of minutes. He's a big guy and well bulk up more. He skates so well for a defender, he has a physical edge but thats not his game. If I had to describe him....It would be that he is a big and smart defensman, he can do it all. He's very good on his feet for a man his size. He's great at the transition game and really knows when to join the rush. TOP 10 pick if he enters the draft.

Adam Pineault ....likely to opt out. He has struggled early but since has put in the numbers. I see him over the dish alot. He is starting to get regular shifts now. He has so much raw upside. He's a scary looking poweforward if he devolopes well. I just think he'll opt out, get more play time, boost his stock. Adam has a scary selection of shots, and even scarier playmaking skills. Physical as well.

Devan Dubnyk. Still the #2 goalie in my eyes for the draft. Reminds me of Sean Burke.

Lukas Kaspar I've seen him in the WJC. He looked very offensivly talented. Amazing finishing skills, Very inteligant, Really knows the game. He's also creative and big. He is not afraid of physical play but he is no PF. Awesome hands, really can dangle the puck. Needs to add defense to his game. Scary sniper with amazing shots, one of the best slapshots in the draft. Scary hands as well, Late 1st round Gem.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Lukas Kaspar I've seen him in the WJC. He looked very offensivly talented. Amazing finishing skills, Very inteligant, Really knows the game. He's also creative and big. He is not afraid of physical play but he is no PF. Awesome hands, really can dangle the puck. Needs to add defense to his game. Scary sniper with amazing shots, one of the best slapshots in the draft. Scary hands as well, Late 1st round Gem.

Kaspar has split time between the junior and senior team in the Czech league. He has 20 goals in 17 games on the junior team. Probably go in the top 20 in the draft.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Alex Kovalev said:
Does anybody have any info on Andrew Ladd?

Ladd has been a pleasant surprise this year. He was not drafted in the bantam draft. He's big and strong on his skates. Has good hands around the net. I think he will be a pro...2nd line at best but more likely a solid 3rd line guy.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Blue Bullet said:
Ladd has been a pleasant surprise this year. He was not drafted in the bantam draft. He's big and strong on his skates. Has good hands around the net. I think he will be a pro...2nd line at best but more likely a solid 3rd line guy.

Thanks, I just have one more for you guys, David Booth, I didnt get to see much of him when he played for the States. I saw the finals but I was more concerned about the Canadians then the Americans

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Alex Kovalev said:
anybody have any info on Booth?

I watched Booth last night along with Thelen. I was impressed with both. Booth is big, but skates well. Has a powerful stride, made several good passses (nice assist in the game) He also seemed solid in his own end, and would take the body.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
montreal said:
I watched Booth last night along with Thelen. I was impressed with both. Booth is big, but skates well. Has a powerful stride, made several good passses (nice assist in the game) He also seemed solid in his own end, and would take the body.

Good description of Booth, Montreal...couldn't have said better myself.

I agree with XSharkie's assessment of O'Neill, but I should add a little more about Pinneault. He's played most of the season on BC's 4th line, but don't think that BC's 4th liners are doing anything. The Eagles fourth line is arguably the toughest 4th line to play against in the NCAA. One reason is their size. Pinneault is big, strong and uses his size quite well, whether it's delivering hard checks, screening opposing goaltenders or simply overpowering opposing skaters. He's a player whose got a tremendous upside.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oilers Chick said:
Good description of Booth, Montreal...couldn't have said better myself.

I agree with XSharkie's assessment of O'Neill, but I should add a little more about Pinneault. He's played most of the season on BC's 4th line, but don't think that BC's 4th liners are doing anything. The Eagles fourth line is arguably the toughest 4th line to play against in the NCAA. One reason is their size. Pinneault is big, strong and uses his size quite well, whether it's delivering hard checks, screening opposing goaltenders or simply overpowering opposing skaters. He's a player whose got a tremendous upside.

Thanks. And I'll add that Thelen is the 2nd youngest player in the NCAA, and I was very impressed with his game as well as Booth's. Thelen has a nice heavy shot, and was agressive in his own end, with some decent hits. Both Thelen and Booth come from the US National team. Hope the Habs had checked out a few games, cause I'd like to see both picked if possible.

AE12

Dec 6, 2003
MI
Visit site
montreal said:
Thanks. And I'll add that Thelen is the 2nd youngest player in the NCAA, and I was very impressed with his game as well as Booth's. Thelen has a nice heavy shot, and was agressive in his own end, with some decent hits. Both Thelen and Booth come from the US National team. Hope the Habs had checked out a few games, cause I'd like to see both picked if possible.

Pineault also came from the US National Team where he was 2nd highest scorer. He is also the youngest player in the country playing Div. 1 hockey. Pineault is a great talent and does many things very well. He will be a valuable prospect for any NHL team looking for a power forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad