Opinions on Enver Lisin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Radek27 said:
Scott Neidermayer is one of hte best skating dmen in hockey.
His type of skating doesn't make him look as fast as he actually is, like Lemieux in his prime. His skating looks effortless. Still not as fast as Koltsov, though. :D

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
I'm kinda hoping Lisin falls to 31 and the Penguins nab him. Find a way to put him on a line with Koltsov and Rico Fata and you may have the fastest line in history.
Anshakov is supposed to be really fast, too. I'd like to see him play with Koltsov in the future.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
And he still pales in comparison to Koltsov.

koltsov is very fast, but if u have seen more then a handful of wild games then u have to admit gaborik and koltsov are pretty damn close. both very exciting to watch :eek:

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
so...anyway...back to Lisin.....He's supremely fast. But he's also quite the sniper. Sure, there are some complaints about his defense and work ethic on occasion.....how often does that happen with snipers? maybe 9 times out of 10??? Gaborik, Lecavelier, Nash, Gretzky, Weight.....[the list goes on and on]....are examples of guys who at least at the beginning of their careers had defensive question marks....is it worth passing up a goal scoring sniper when you're team is trying to survive in trap-land? Sometimes taking a chance with a guy like that, turns out to be the best thing a team could have done in the long run...anyone can learn to play defense to become a modicum of responsible regarding his own end of the ice...sometimes all a guy needs is the right coach, or the right teammates to just bring out the best in him. The draft is such a gamble anyway, why not roll the dice on a guy who at least "might" get you a huge return....that's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it.

report from Islanders scouting says: "Teams looking to add speed will look to Enver Lisin, a big burner from Russia, a Pavel Bure-clone with more size."

Last edited:

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
How does Lisin compare to Konstantin Glazachev, Nashville's 2nd rounder last year? Just from reading scouting reports the two seem very similar, and were ranked around the same spot. Personally I see Lisin falling to the beginning of the 2nd round just like Glazachev last year.

outKast*

When i said Chimera beat Gartner's record don't you get it? Pens fans put it in your little closed minded brains a little ok? Jason Chimera statistically and has been proven and holds the record for the fastest lap in NHL history. Meaning in the NHL's existence...as of right now...Jason Chimera holds the record. Not Koltsov. Chimera is the fastest. Chimera has scored 15 goals at the NHL level. So Koltsov is fast i will agree....but there are faster. When people say guys like Kapanen and Walz are fast don't be so quick to dismiss them. I know the prospects depth and player depth isn't that great in Pittsburg right and there's realy nothing you can say about the Penguins besides the fact that Koltsov is fast but even that fact can be contradicted. Chimera is the fastest player in the NHL currently; and in NHL history. He is young and playing with the Edmonton Oilers. I live in Ontario and i know this. Take an un-ignorant look around the NHL...there are way faster than Koltsov.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Without the puck, Kolt and Chim may be fast at top speed, but Gaborik in the first few steps can outskate anyone in my opinion. I have seen few with the exception of Kovalchuk skate end to end with the puck at top speed.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Has Koltsov even been timed? If you have watched Koltsov play, you'll know that he is top 5 in the NHL. Considering Koltsov is clearly faster than Rico Fata (which any Pens fan who has seen both play will tell you), that is saying a lot. I wouldn't be suprised at all if Koltsov was timed in the Oilers' rink that he would beat Chimera's record. It close, though (and yes, I have seen Chimera play.)

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Jocksta18 said:
Without the puck, Kolt and Chim may be fast at top speed, but Gaborik in the first few steps can outskate anyone in my opinion. I have seen few with the exception of Kovalchuk skate end to end with the puck at top speed.
For sure, Kovalchuk and Gaborik can handle the puch much better at top speed, too bad Koltsov doesn't have their hands (although his are good, just not game breaking).

Gaborik10

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
And he still pales in comparison to Koltsov.

Sorry, but Gaborik doesn't pale in comparison to many....

I haven't seen Koltsov, but I'm telling you, Gaborik doesn't pale in comparison to many in terms of speed. Gaborik's acceleration is the fastest in the league, and I'll stand by that statement. Full speed is like lightning, and I've seen him make fools out of defensemen because of it. It's quite a thing to see his jersey billowing in the wind....he's that fast. Who knows, maybe Koltsov is faster at full speed, but Gaborik doesn't pale in comparison to him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
outKast said:
When i said Chimera beat Gartner's record don't you get it? Pens fans put it in your little closed minded brains a little ok? Jason Chimera statistically and has been proven and holds the record for the fastest lap in NHL history. Meaning in the NHL's existence...as of right now...Jason Chimera holds the record. Not Koltsov. Chimera is the fastest. Chimera has scored 15 goals at the NHL level. So Koltsov is fast i will agree....but there are faster. When people say guys like Kapanen and Walz are fast don't be so quick to dismiss them. I know the prospects depth and player depth isn't that great in Pittsburg right and there's realy nothing you can say about the Penguins besides the fact that Koltsov is fast but even that fact can be contradicted. Chimera is the fastest player in the NHL currently; and in NHL history. He is young and playing with the Edmonton Oilers. I live in Ontario and i know this. Take an un-ignorant look around the NHL...there are way faster than Koltsov.
Don't take things so personally. So Chimera isn't the fastest player in the NHL, no need to rip on entire organizations because of it. It's not the end of the world if Koltsov is faster than him, is it?

Not that you seem all that interested in an intelligent debate, but as I stated before, nobody's skating laps in an actual game. It just doesn't happen. I've seen a lot of rather slow skaters post impressive lap times.

Chimera looks good on the best ice in the NHL, and might still be #2 in the NHL in terms of speed (I wouldn't even put him in the top 5, personally). That's still impressive for him.

But Koltsov is faster.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Jacobv2 said:
Don't take things so personally. So Chimera isn't the fastest player in the NHL, no need to rip on entire organizations because of it. It's not the end of the world if Koltsov is faster than him, is it?
Nor does it take anything away from koltsov if Chimera is faster. It doesn't make either of them any slower.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
outKast said:

Oh, the delicious irony. For someone to say Pittsburgh's prospect depth isn't great, and then go and call other people ignorant and close minded....I love how you say "I live in Ontario and I know this" what does living in Ontario have to with anything?

As stated, Koltsov has never been officially timed making that argument invalid. I'm confident in my opinion that no one surpasses Konstantin Koltsov's top speed.

And its Pittsburgh.

Gaborik10

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
Funny, funny.....How fast is Koltsov with the puck? (Unbiased, please!)

Gaborik, I think, is faster with the puck than without. It's accelaration, and I think his is the fastest in the league.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Gaborik10 said:
Funny, funny.....How fast is Koltsov with the puck? (Unbiased, please!)

Gaborik, I think, is faster with the puck than without. It's accelaration, and I think his is the fastest in the league.
Koltsov is faster. Just trust me.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd have to say in terms of skating with/handling/shooting the puck, that Gaborik and Kovalchuk are the best in the league by far.

Mr.Brownov*

Petr Tenkrat is faster than Gaborik.And Gaborik might be faster with the puck but Koltsov is the fastest skater in the world(maybe).Nhl for sure,even faster the Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad