Opinions on Enver Lisin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Just like to get some feedback on Enver Lisin, I read that he the best skater in this draft, but is he like Konstantine Kolstov of the Pens, as in, he has hands of stone?

Would he be a reach for the Habs with the 18th pick?

thanks alot

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I don't think either Koltsov or Lisin have "hands of stone." Koltsov has shown some flashes of brilliance, and was pretty effective offensively in the games I saw of him in the AHL playoffs this year. I think it may take him some time for his hands to catch up with his feet + the speed of the game at the NHL level.

Lisin is rated as the best natural goal scorer in the draft by RLR. The knock on Lisin seems to be a lousy work ethic and no discipline to play defense. THN says he somtimes cherry picks at the blue line.

He's a boom or bust prospect who could fall out of the first round, I think.

Edit: and other than the fact that they are both fast, I see no comparison between Lisin and Koltsov, really. Koltsov is a pretty good defensive player from what I've seen, and if nothing else, he gives it his all every single shift.

outKast*

Jason Chimera broke Mike Gartners lap record........

ummm i never heard of Koltsov ever breaking any speed records? Why is this? I know he's fast but there are faster. They're playing in the NHL. you should take a non-ignorant look. :D just a heads up.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
outKast said:
Jason Chimera broke Mike Gartners lap record........

ummm i never heard of Koltsov ever breaking any speed records? Why is this? I know he's fast but there are faster. They're playing in the NHL. you should take a non-ignorant look. :D just a heads up.
I'm pretty confident in saying Koltsov is the fastest player in the NHL. To me, it's not even close. Nobody else in the NHL can be the first guy up on the forecheck and the first guy back on the backcheck all in one breakout, as far as I've seen.

Lapping a rink doesn't mean anything. Nobody's lapping a rink in an actual game. But if Koltsov were timed, he'd annihilate Chimera's numbers.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
txomisc said:
shean donovan may be
unfortunately he too has hands of stone

Scoring on 2 or 3 penalty shots, many breakaways and crazy dekes? The guy doesn't have hands of stone...he was lacking confidence more than anything.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Scott Neidermayer is one of hte best skating dmen in hockey.
Afanagenov is pretty fast as is Koltsov.
Gaborik is very fast. Lisin is the best skater in the draft if I remember correctly.
Fred Sjostrom has some wheels also.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Radek27 said:
Fred Sjostrom has some wheels also.

His top speed is upper echelon, but what sets Freddie apart is acceleration. He can hit full speed (which is as fast as anyone else) in 3 strides.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
unfortunately he too has hands of stone

that's a complete urban legend. Donovan's no Kovalchuk but he's made some fantastic dekes this season, especially on several penalty shots.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
monster_bertuzzi said:
Gaborik and Kapanen are about as fast as it gets...

i agree, they are definately way up there on the fastest skater list. im a big flyers fan but i havent seen kapanen fly in a while because of his role on the team(especially in the playoffs) gaborik has amazing speed, i taped a lot of the wild's playoff games last year just to study his skating and his dekes,too. no wonder i always finish 1st in speed drills on my teams...by far!! :D

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
sehnsucht said:
that's a complete urban legend. Donovan's no Kovalchuk but he's made some fantastic dekes this season, especially on several penalty shots.

Up until this year Donovan's hands were pure stone. Maybe he's changed, but as a Penguins I loved him but the guy had no hands.

Koltsov doesn't have hands of stone at all, his hands just haven't caught up to his feet yet. He has shown flashes of brilliance but most of the time he just isn't able to keep up with his feet.

And I say with upmost confidence that Koltsov is the fastest player in the NHL, maybe in the world. I have never seen a faster skater in my life.

I'm kinda hoping Lisin falls to 31 and the Penguins nab him. Find a way to put him on a line with Koltsov and Rico Fata and you may have the fastest line in history.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
I'm kinda hoping Lisin falls to 31 and the Penguins nab him. Find a way to put him on a line with Koltsov and Rico Fata and you may have the fastest line in history.

fast line but NO hockey sense! jk :P

Gaborik10

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
Gaborik is unbelievably fast....he can fly, literally. He's as fast as any of the guys you've mentioned. He's not exactly short, so leg extension and strength are what makes his stride fast and powerful. I've watched him a lot. He can skate like lightning. Talk about jersey rippling in the wind....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad