Opinions needed on my greatest Canucks rookies collection

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Looked up games played and I was quite surprised with how many games Strudwick has (243). He has to be added. Chubarov, Lachance and Lowry also have a decent amount of games too.

Also getting into the lower tier category. Weise, Lapierre, O'Brien, Alberts, Bernier, Letowski, Druken, Stanton.

Anyone know anything about Pit Martin? Or Jerry Butler, Colin Campbell, Tracey Pratt, and Popiel? They are a little before my time.

Pratt, Butler, Martin and Campbell are must haves

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Herter JJ Daigneualt Woodley Stojanov and Murphy for bad drafting

Actually...if you are going to start this you really need to get the rookie card for anyone that ever wore the sweater (herter be damned). Can you imagine what a rich fanboy would pay for that collection?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
how do you need messier if messier wasn't a canucks rookie? am i missing something?

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
He wants the rookie cards of players that have been on the team. The time doesn't have to be their rookie year.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Good call.. and thats the one who is the biggest question mark for me. Hodgson played well in his rookie season but his best rookie The Cup is $250-400. Is the one year really necessary to add ro the list?! That has yet to be determined by me. What do you think?

Definitely not for $250+... just wait that one out... Could be had for very cheap in a couple more seasons.

in a couple years, you could probably buy the real cody hodgson himself for that much.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Added Valk, Chubarov, Strudwick, Lachance, Pratt, Butler, Snow, Lowry, and McCabe to the collection in that short time.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I dont see holden, bohonos or druken! Or komarnizki (sp?)

Or zezel weinrich and muckult..... off my 90s brain.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I think you have a pretty complete list, but why not try to stick with rookies who STARTED with the Canucks, instead of pretenders like Messier or Chouinard who clearly don't belong.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I think you have a pretty complete list, but why not try to stick with rookies who STARTED with the Canucks, instead of pretenders like Messier or Chouinard who clearly don't belong.

I might be headed in that direction once I get every notable Canuck. I am sure the hell not getting Chouinard lol, he didn't do anything for us.
As for Messier, the beginning of his first name summed up his career in Vancouver. Takes a honored number, steals the C from Linden. It was a mess from the start. That alone gives him story status in Vancouver. I don't paticulary want it but I think its a must.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad