Proposal: Operation JET LAG Episode 1.0 Duncan Keith To WINNIPEG

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I appreciate the effort put into spinning this yarn but no, tge Jets aren’t going to go out of their way to take (one of) the albatrosses off Chicago’s neck and put it around their own.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Let's not discount the benefit of creating a "buzz" with Wpg fans and media. Need to get hockey back on the front pages...

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Let's not discount the benefit of creating a "buzz" with Wpg fans and media. Need to get hockey back on the front pages...
:huh:
Next time you might want to use a smiley as it would be easy to see someone that knows nothing about Winnipeg post that in all seriousness.:rolleyes:
They wouldn't know that between the 2 daily papers there are an average of 7 full articles every day nor that tv & radio give them a lot of coverage.
That's on top of a privately run website that gives us links to the stories in papers from the latest oppoment's reporters. The same site gives constant updates, covers games & practices besides having a daily radio show & interviews with players, Maurice & Chevy.
Good thing I identified your post as a misguided attempt @ humor as some would see it as the raving of a wannabe hockey fan totally ignorant about Winnipeg, the Jets, the media & fans. :nod:

So remember using smilies lets people know when you are trying to be humorous. :)

You're welcome. :DD

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Next time you might want to use a smiley as it would be easy to see someone that knows nothing about Winnipeg post that in all seriousness.:rolleyes:
They wouldn't know that between the 2 daily papers there are an average of 7 full articles every day nor that tv & radio give them a lot of coverage.
That's on top of a privately run website that gives us links to the stories in papers from the latest oppoment's reporters. The same site gives constant updates, covers games & practices besides having a daily radio show & interviews with players, Maurice & Chevy.
Good thing I identified your post as a misguided attempt @ humor as some would see it as the raving of a wannabe hockey fan totally ignorant about Winnipeg, the Jets, the media & fans. :nod:

So remember using smilies lets people know when you are trying to be humorous. :)

No kidding, Winnipeg doesn’t need more hockey buzz after a late run in the playoffs with more then 23,000 people crowd into the streets outside the packed arena to watch a playoff game.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Depends on what you think Keith is still capable of as a player. My first instinct was this is definitely feasible if Keith is still good. People were saying Chara was washed after that Habs series 5 years ago... Duncan Keith in his prime today would be a $11-12M defenseman so of course hes declined some. It depends how much.

OP brings up some very good points. Better than some of the responses than this thread, anyway.

Hard to substitute that kind of experience. Not to mention the Jets may have to trade Trouba yet. Jets have a big hole behind Morrissey right now and this would fill that perfectly. This deal could get done without Roslovic. Jets still going to need him.

No telling if Keith would even accept this trade or not. But well thought out at least.

Reactions: phlocky

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This makes Bernmeister posts seem like light reading in comparison.

I can take a joke, but at the same time, most probably appreciate posts that provide details and more than a bottom line suggestion.
Trading is like problem solving, offer solutions.
People may want simple solutions, but life is complex, doing one thing usually impacts another; therefore, usually minimum simplicity. If you expand your view and look at the big picture, what happens to get things done is a more complex than simplistic solution is enacted, which then undergoes effort to simplify by smoothing the edges, etc.

Also, the issue with my posts is not how they read, for which even some detractors have offered applause. The issue is agreement/disagreement on player value.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I can take a joke, but at the same time, most probably appreciate posts that provide details and more than a bottom line suggestion.
Trading is like problem solving, offer solutions.
People may want simple solutions, but life is complex, doing one thing usually impacts another; therefore, usually minimum simplicity. If you expand your view and look at the big picture, what happens to get things done is a more complex than simplistic solution is enacted, which then undergoes effort to simplify by smoothing the edges, etc.

Also, the issue with my posts is not how they read, for which even some detractors have offered applause. The issue is agreement/disagreement on player value.

A tl;dr sttory that I'm literally never going to read in response to a joke about this dude creating tl;dr posts. Can't make this shit up.

Reactions: gorangers0525

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kudos to the OP on a lot of effort.

The premise is declining but useful Keith to 'peg works for both sides, for multiple reasons.
While that is not an automatic given, IMO there is enough there to be plausible +.
However, while arguments can be made pro and con, I don't see a clear cut match as to assets Winni would let go and Chitown would want. There may be a match, but you have to dig to find it, maybe.

Good luck.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
A tl;dr sttory that I'm literally never going to read in response to a joke about this dude creating tl;dr posts. Can't make this **** up.

Your loss, not mine.
Reading is informative.
Knowledge is power.

However, the flat earth society is still around [there's always someone] and may have an opening for you...

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Your loss, not mine.
Reading is informative.
Knowledge is power.

However, the flat earth society is still around [there's always someone] and may have an opening for you...

Insinuating that I should be in the flat earth society because I find your long winded pointless posts to be trivial and annoying is quite the reach.

Just because I don't want to read yet another 1200 words from you on why the Avs should trade MacKinnon for Kreider doesn't mean I'm depriving myself of some great knowledge. Nor does it mean I am a conspiracy theorist that buys into the most idiotic of conspiracies.

Suggesting that your trade proposals are full of information the masses should soak up is self serving bullshit if I ever saw it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Insinuating that I should be in the flat earth society because I find your long winded pointless posts to be trivial and annoying is quite the reach.

Just because I don't want to read yet another 1200 words from you on why the Avs should trade MacKinnon for Kreider doesn't mean I'm depriving myself of some great knowledge. Nor does it mean I am a conspiracy theorist that buys into the most idiotic of conspiracies.

Suggesting that your trade proposals are full of information the masses should soak up is self serving bull**** if I ever saw it.

I have never suggested Mack for Kreids.
I have pushed for either MacK to bookend with CK in NY, or lately, vice versa for Kreider to AVs.
Your hate makes you sloppy.
Come back from the dark side.

As to italics, there is no ? my posts are often creative and outside the box. As such they DO offer something positive and even insightful. The disagreement is as to player values.

Any hoo, let this be the last word on the subject as you are off on your merry way.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I have pushed for either MacK to bookend with CK in NY, or lately, vice versa for Kreider to AVs.

As to italics, there is no ? my posts are often creative and outside the box. As such they DO offer something positive and even insightful. The disagreement is as to player values.

Any hoo, let this be the last word on the subject as you are off on your merry way.

Chill your socks bro. Your coming off as arrogant.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado

You are becoming a parody of yourself. You're basically ensuring that nobody takes you seriously and are entering the territory where you're nothing more than a meme at this point. Especially with that self righteous sign off.

Good luck dude. It's obvious that you're so self absorbed that you even searched out your own name since I didn't even tag you.

Enjoy being a meme.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Greetings Everyone,

Just putting this out there it seems like a bold move which could light a fire under the Jets, who despite a good record don't appear to have the same aura around them as last season.

If this goes relatively smooth I'll attempt to Address getting Duchene finally moving to Winnipeg in the next proposal.

Please refrain from the regular hot takes and one word stabs they offer nothing to the discussion.

If you do CHOOSE to read the proposal in full I'd love to get some feedback if it warrants adjustment.

Vesalainen and Niku were left out intentionally. Don't include them in any counters as they may be in another deal that follows this .

PART 1.

Duncan Keith 35 years old

22:45 ATOI

15GP OG 7A 7PTS +3

While not as impactful as in prior years. Duncan Keith is not the player from last season when the majority of the team struggled.

This may be in part due to a longer summer to prepare and recuperate.

The teams leaders/veterans play is more structured and effective this year and coupled with more efficient usage by the coaching staff and
lowering his minutes , zone starts etc he is playing with new found vigor.

His Cap Hit for his current level of play is a steal still @ $5.5M per season with 3 remaining years after this one ending in the 2021-2022 season.

Cap Hit 5.5M per

Actual Salary Owed
19-20 $3.5 M
20-21 $2.65 M
21-22 $2.1 M

(3) Stanley Cups
(1) Conn Smyth
(2) Norris Trophies
(2) Olympic Gold

While Keith does hold a ( NMC ) he is a native of Winnipeg.

He could possibly waive if he knew it would help the Hawks prepare for a rebuild.

It would also provide great marketing for the Jets if he were to play for his hometown team and create a buzz in the fan base and media .

Keith could also capitalize on some sponsorship and promotional rewards in Winnipeg and Canada as he took a ridiculous team friendly deal in Chicago literally giving up millions of dollars.

It is the best value NHL contract in the modern era .

He could expand his personal and financial goals and grow his foundations in a new enviorment which could also provide newfound energy and focus in his product on the ice.

Keith Relief

He could be a vital cog on the left side of the Jets D while taking some of the heavy lifting off Josh Morrisey and stabilize an already excellent blueline.

Keith is taking fewer DZ starts this year and could take even fewer in Winnipeg with the glut of defensively sound guys on the back end which would keep him fresh for the most pivotal parts of the games.

A resurgence in his play joining that deep and talented blueline is more likely than it would be carrying a larger load with less support that he faced in Chicago.

He is a good soldier and has nothing left to prove to the Hawks. You have to believe they would consider any reasonable request.

He is still an elite conditioned top 4 defender who should be able to perform the duties of his contract and increase the Jets chances to go deep numerous times.

I'm a Hawks supporter by the way.

It's better to start looking to the future instead of riding out the remaining value on players like Keith when youth and development should be at or near the top of the list for the Hawks in terms of priority.

With the current roster and cap implications connected to rewarding cup success it may hinder moves in the now and future.

Im not saying these contracts are undeserved you can't argue with 3 Cup wins.

My personal opinion is that managements blueprint of the organization moving foward should be getting return on older highly valuble contributors that could be solid depth or important adds for teams on the cusp and maximize on the demand for capable playoff performers.

This version of the Hawks is trying to hang on.... the time for duct tape and patchwork has passed.

I've seen too many teams try to hang on to a leaky ship and end up losing value by not being decisive and bold. Meanwhile struggling with mediocrity and wasting development years which could have been avoided with common sense and foresight in the front office.

Taking into consideration the risk associated with his contract and father time which may not effect him in the next 4 seasons, I think Winnipeg carries to much risk for someone as high end as Vesalainen to be included... same for Niku who looks to be an offensive force as early as next year and recently won top defenceman in the AHL.

Winnipeg has no history giving out top picks or prospects easily so it has to benefit them and be fair.

If you were patient enough to make it this far thank you for that as I felt it was important to see my aspect of the value and where I'm coming from. I attempted to make it clear and paint as detailed as picture as I could .

Now the TRADE

Duncan Keith $5.5M prorated 18-19
Full Cap till 21-22

To the WINNIPEG JETS

@ or Prior to the 18-19 Deadline
Negative Value:

-- Dmitry Kulikov LHD who currently is an extra or # 7/8 D he has negative value and the rest of the proposal will consider that in regards to Chicago taking on his contract.

$4.333M prorated from the time of the trade and full hit for the 19-20 season . Unless a Buy-Out can be arranged or LTIR. He is the only dump that is to be considered in this scenario.

Positive Value:

+ Jack Roslovic- C/RW/ RHS /6-1/187

$1.1M
through 2019-20- RFA Entry Level Slide

21 years of age /Columbus -Ohio-USA

1rst RD /25th Overall /2015

NCAA All Rookie Team 2015-16

2016 IIHF U20 WJC Gold

AHL All Star

3rd Pro Season

Currently on Jets Active Roster

+ Logan Stanley-LD(plays both sides)/LHS /6-7/227

ELC currently first Pro Season in AHL

20 years of age/Kitchener-Ontario -Canada

1rst RD/18th Overall/2016

2017 CHL Memorial Cup Champion Windsor OHL

+ Dylan Samburg-LD(plays both sides)/LHS/6-3/190

NHL Rights/Winnipeg Jets /Unsigned/ NCAA 2nd year

19 years of age/Hermantown -MN-USA

2nd Rd/43 Overall/2017

2017-18 NCAA National Champion University of Minnesota-Duluth (Rookie)

2018 IIHF U20 WJC Bronze

+ Mason Appleton-C/RW/RHS/6-2/194

2nd Pro Season in AHL

22 years of age/Green Bay-WI-USA

6th RD/168th Overall/2015

2017-18 AHL Rookie Of Year (Red Garrett Memorial Award)

+PICK or PICKS I'm open to discussion and feedback as I can't quite Gauge it definitively...... obviously not a 1rst RD from Winnipeg .

Not certain on the contract limits but Chicago can add AHL bodies to even things out in that regard.

FINI

Wow, that was incredibly well worded and thought out. Unfortunately I don’t know the Jets players well enough to talk about the purposel but thought I’d at least give you kudos for your time

Reactions: phlocky

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018

Lol I'll get back to this just not quite yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->