News: Opening Rosters

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Since when Kasperi Kapanen been injured????

Technically Kapanen is on "Non-Roster" status right now. As opposed to "Injured Reserve" or "Injured Non-Roster".

For cap purposes Non-Roster works the same as Injured Reserve. The player's cap hit still counts, but the player doesn't count towards the 23 player Active Roster limit. Only real difference vs Injured Reserve is there is no minimum time period a player must stay on Non-Roster.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Weird to only have 4 official rosters at this point (Feel free to continue to post rosters in this thread, but I'm only going to post the "official" ones in the main post). I wonder if the bulk of them might be revealed en masse tomorrow by the NHL as opening night deal.

Reactions: uncleben

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Two teams have announced Taxi Squads without naming their rosters (CAR & DET), their Taxi Squads are included on the list.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Is there anywhere that will keep track of who is on a roster, taxi squad, or AHL as the season progresses?

Do we know how the transaction to go from roster to taxi squad will look? I.e. will it be “assigned to”, “sent down to”, etc. I assume there has to be some sort of transaction when movement occurs between the two, it can’t just...happen.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Is there anywhere that will keep track of who is on a roster, taxi squad, or AHL as the season progresses?

Do we know how the transaction to go from roster to taxi squad will look? I.e. will it be “assigned to”, “sent down to”, etc. I assume there has to be some sort of transaction when movement occurs between the two, it can’t just...happen.

capfriendly.com

Reactions: Flynn84

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
capfriendly.com
Other than the tweet posted below, there is no reference to taxi squad on that site. Certainly not a list of who is on each team’s squad.

Maybe later today when the final rosters are announced by the league but as of 830 Wednesday there’s nothing there.

edit part dos: all 6 teams I originally checked had no taxis, perhaps those teams haven’t announced officially...the next three I checked all have one listed. Perhaps I’ll just be patient!

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
According to Capfriendly, the VGK 'opening night' roster is

Pacioretty Stephenson Stone
Marchessault Karlsson Smith
Tuch Glass Roy
Carrier Nosek Reaves
Kolesar

McNabb Pietrangelo
Martinez Theodore
Whitecloud

Lehner
Fleury

also lists G prospect Patera on the team but I'm not sure if it's SOIR or non-roster or what

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa

Does anyone know why teams would deliberately withhold unchabgeable information from their fans? I mean I just don’t comprehend. If it was locked in yesterday, they’re within their *rights* to say ‘we won’t tell our fans anything, you can wait until the league report’ - but what’s the rationale? What do they gain by not communicating with their fans when clearly a whole lot of other teams are?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Palat-Point-Stamkos
Killorn-Cirelli-Joseph
Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman
Maroon-Stephens-Volkov

Hedman-Rutta
McDonagh-Foote
Sergachev-Cernak

Vasilevski
McElhinney

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Avs announce their Taxi Squad and send Byram to the AHL.

That leaves a line-up of

Forwards (12)

Burakovsky - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Kadri - Saad
Nichushkin - Compher - Donskoi
Jost - Bellemare - Calvert

Defense (7)
Toews - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Graves - Cole
Johnson

Goalies (2)
Graubauer
Francouz

Note: Johnson is unfit to play, hasn't practice at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad