Oct 14, 2014
Pls no greening
He skates well
So does charles hamelin
Thats it
Takes more to be a hockey player

delchief

Jun 10, 2006

Yes. Pageau should center our de-facto 3rd line and his wingers (as of now) should be Michalek on the left and (likely) Lazar on the right.

That would be a good mix of skills and roles for a 3rd line. Michalek has more raw scoring ability than Condra so he can help off-set Condra's loss. Hopefully Lazar learned some things from Condra on how to gain entry to the offensize zone with the puck and how to keep it.....

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Cowen should play.

Clash of clans on his phone in the press box.

Plus he is hurt again so one way or the other he will be sitting out making 3.75 million this year as the worlds largest plug.

My ideal lineup.

MacArthur Turris Stone
Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
Michalek Pageau Lazar
Puemple/Prince Smith Chiasson

Methot Karlsson
Wiercioch Ceci
Borowiecki Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

Thats a fast hockey team in every sense of the word. Buckle up Sens fans its gonna be a fun year.

Last edited:

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Is there room for both Puempel and Prince? I have a feeling that only one of them makes it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Plus he is hurt again so one way or the other he will be sitting out making 3.75 million this year as the worlds largest plug.

My ideal lineup.

MacArthur Turris Stone
Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
Michalek Pageau Lazar

Methot Karlsson
Wiercioch Ceci
Borowiecki Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

Thats a fast hockey team in every sense of the word. Buckle up Sens fans its gonna be a fun year.

I'd swap Ryan and Stone, but otherwise that's what I expect to see. I don't mind if Cowen rotates with Boro and whoever is playing best at the time gets the games.

I'm hoping Paul impresses at camp, and could see Lazar starting in the AHL if they want to give a prospect few or squeeze both Puempel and Prince into games.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
No way Murray doesn't show off his new signings.

MacArthur Turris Stone
Hoffman Stortini Ryan
Michalek Zibanejad Lazar
Prince Pageau Chiasson

Methot Karlsson
O'Dell Kostka
Wiercioch Ceci

Hammond
Anderson

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014

MacArthur Turris Stone
Hoffman Stortini Ryan
Michalek Zibanejad Lazar
Prince Pageau Chiasson

Methot Karlsson
O'Dell Kostka
Wiercioch Ceci

Hammond
Anderson

Playing a Center at LD and Stortini on the 2nd line.

Alright, I'm just going to assume this is a joke.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

When players sign two-way deals, they are destined for the minors when camp breaks, and it is only in the case of injuries and their exceptional play that they get a shot in the NHL.

The odds are stacked against them out of the gate, and decent chance neither plays a game for the Sens next year. O'Dell has a chance if we have a center or two get injured, and Stortini might get a specific call up against a tough team if Neil, Smith and Boro are all injured, but it will take a combination of factors for them to play in the NHL.

Those signings were more about giving depth to Bingo than any impact on the Sens lineup.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
When players sign two-way deals, they are destined for the minors when camp breaks, and it is only in the case of injuries and their exceptional play that they get a shot in the NHL.

The odds are stacked against them out of the gate, and decent chance neither plays a game for the Sens next year. O'Dell has a chance if we have a center or two get injured, and Stortini might get a specific call up against a tough team if Neil, Smith and Boro are all injured, but it will take a combination of factors for them to play in the NHL.

Those signings were more about giving depth to Bingo than any impact on the Sens lineup.

:sarcasm:
^ does this change your response?

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

My ideal lineup.

MacArthur Turris Stone
Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
Michalek Pageau Lazar

Methot Karlsson
Wiercioch Ceci
Borowiecki Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

I'm predicting that during preseason MacArthur finds some chemistry with the Pageau line, so we see :

Michalek Turris Stone
Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
MacArthur Pageau Lazar
Prince Smith Chiasson

Methot Karlsson
Wiercioch Ceci
Cowen Borowiecki

Anderson
Hammond

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Murray said that when he traded Legwand that it would open a spot for Puempel to be in the lineup and also Cameron preferred Puempel last season to Prince so I'm curious to know why people have him in the lineup instead of Puempel, just doesn't seem logical at all.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Murray said that when he traded Legwand that it would open a spot for Puempel to be in the lineup and also Cameron preferred Puempel last season to Prince so I'm curious to know why people have him in the lineup instead of Puempel, just doesn't seem logical at all.

Only reason I can think of is Prince isn't Waiver exempt.

I don't want to lose Prince, I really think he's an NHL winger. I'd prefer him in the lineup over Neil, and probably Chiasson too. He can play both wings, so there's value there and he adds some good speed.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yeah, makes sense. Lazar's an odd situation because he now has a year of NHL experience under his belt (and a year off his ELC) but could be sent to Binghamton without waivers. I have a feeling he sticks, though. He was a legit 3rd liner by the end of the year last year. I think the team likes him as a person/player. I think he's got enough pedigree as a 1st round draft pick and junior scorer to convince management to keep him around.

I think you are 100% right on Boro vs. Cowen. IMO, Cowen shouldn't be on this team anymore. Perhaps they tried to deal him and his contract prevented that. His injuries have seemingly slowed him down and his hockey sense has not improved since he was a rookie being sheltered by Gonchar. He needs to have quite an impressive summer of training to demonstrate that those concerns are no longer valid. Boro - Ceci was a nice combo a couple of years back at camp and with Boro you have a better idea what you've got -- steady physical play, shot-blocking, some PK'ing, little offense, and safe plays out of the zone. But you don't hang on to the puck as much witih Boro. That's the one area where he needs to improve -- carrying the puck and passing instead of chipping it out of the zone randomly. He's got an excellent mentor/example in Methot who he should model his game after.... although Methot's a better skater and may always be.......

I'd be fine with....

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Boro - Wideman
(Cowen, Phillips)

As the starting D. Or perhaps Cowen - Boro can be a decent 3rd pairing. Lots to prove over the next 3 months.....

Murray is all in on Cowen. People were apparently asking abput acquiring at the deadline and Murray refused to talk. Murray said he traded Gryba partly to FORCE Cameron to play Cowen. Murray is sold on Cowen being a good NHL player it seems

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Do you have a link to where he said that?

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Prince is cuter.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Do you have a link to where he said that?

Of course I do mate,

Tyler Ray
@DefenseMinister

Murray also with a curious quote indicating that the forward group is now opened up for Matt Puempel. 13 fwd's + maybe Condra on roster.

Murray noted the decision to move out those deals (Legwand ans Gryba) will give the likes of Matt Puempel and defenceman Jared Cowen an opportunity to be regular contributors next season. That's what the organization wants to see

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/06/28/dont-expect-much-noise-from-ottawa-during-free-agency-frenzy

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
The organization definitely prefers Puempel to Prince. That much is abundantly clear.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Here's the quote. Sounds like other guys are going to get chances too but Puempel is definetely at the forefront of the group

"I think we're a better team ... I think by elimination we're a better team," said Murray. "It opens the door for a couple of kids now. Now, Puempel gets a chance to play (and) because we didn't do things there's going to be guys that get a chance.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The organization definitely prefers Puempel to Prince. That much is abundantly clear.

Which is weird, since at this time Prince is ahead of Puempel in my eyes. Offensively and defensively.

I guess draft order trumps that. Which also explains Cowen's case.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I have yet to hear Prince's name come out of Murray, Dorion or Lee's mouth this offseason. It's making me think they don't have big plans for him.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I always find that when a player remains unsigned (Prince) they are cautious about mentioning them specifically, in terms of roster spots. Murray does mention "a couple of kids" and then just mentions Puempel specifically. I think we all realize the other forward would be Prince.

That said, the team did seem to give Puempel a heck of a lot longer look last season, and it didn't seem to be based entirely on merit in terms of how the players playing either in Bingo, or during the call up. Puempel wasn't great in his first few games, but got a bit better. Prince looked decent right away, but never got a second look.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Which is weird, since at this time Prince is ahead of Puempel in my eyes. Offensively and defensively.

I'll take the pure goal scorer before Prince personally. I think Puempel has what it takes to be a legitimate top 6 forward for this team sooner than later. Prince is more of a fast/energy type of player. In the AHL, that's fine because it's much easier to score and how often do we see guys like Prince have good numbers in the AHL and then come to the NHL to be 3rd and 4rth line spark plugs. Puempel is much more than a spark plug, he goes we he needs to in order to score goals and has also gotten much better in the neutral and defensive zone, he has a lethal shot and projects to be a better player at the next level.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
I'll take the pure goal scorer before Prince personally. I think Puempel has what it takes to be a legitimate top 6 forward for this team sooner than later. Prince is more of a fast/energy type of player. In the AHL, that's fine because it's much easier to score and how often do we see guys like Prince have good numbers in the AHL and then come to the NHL to be 3rd and 4rth line spark plugs. Puempel is much more than a spark plug, he goes we he needs to in order to score goals and has also gotten much better in the neutral and defensive zone, he has a lethal shot and projects to be a better player at the next level.

I think you have Prince and Puempel mixed up lol

Jmacd77

May 31, 2015

I'm not trying to be totally pompous here but you're saying it's odd the senators front office staff doesn't agree with your player assessment? I think for you to say that draft order directly determines prospect depth is an insult to the strong scouting staff we have led by PD.

Don't quite understand what you were trying to imply, everyone is entitled to an opinion don't get me wrong but this post is a laugh and a half hah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->