Greening

Methot Karlsson
Weirchoch Ceci
Cowen Wideman
Phillips
Boro

Andy
Hammond

Imo that's the best lineup we can ice. That's a whole lot of money spent on players with minuscule roles on the team

Yup, this. Only difference I think is that Boro will play RD on the 3rd pairing. Wideman will start the year in Bingo.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Prince-Pageau-Michalek
Chiasson-Smith-Neil
Greening

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen/Borowiecki-Wideman
Cowen/Borowiecki
Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

Puempel-O'Dell-Lazar
Schneider-Dzingel-Robinson
McCormick-Paul-Guptill
Dunn-Stortini-Ewanyk
Dziurzynski

Claesson-Kostka
Harpur-Grant
Sdao-Mullan
Rutkowski

O'Connor
Driedger

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Wouldn't mind splitting up Lazar and Pageau as our 3rd and 4th centers.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Macarthur-Turris-Stone
Prince-Lazar-Michalek
Smith-Pageau-Chiasson

BigBush*

Wouldn't mind splitting up Lazar and Pageau as our 3rd and 4th centers.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Macarthur-Turris-Stone
Prince-Lazar-Michalek
Smith-Pageau-Chiasson

Pageau is a good player, he should play with good players. Not on the 4th line of death where senators go to die

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
We are talking opening night roster here, so it makes a difference in my mind.

MacArther - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Zibanejad - Ryan
Hoffman - Pageau - Lazar
Chiasson - Smith - Neil

Methot - Norris Karl
Phillips - Ceci
Weircioch - Boro

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
This is what I would want;

MacArther - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Puempel- Smith - Prince

Methot - Norris Karl
Weircioch - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Last edited:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
No free agent signing. This is not a playoff team unless some players REALLY up their games from last season.

Yes, especially you, Ryan.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Play the youth

Lindberg Z93 Ryan
Paul Turris Stone
MacArthur JGP Lazar
Puempel White Milo

Meth Karlsson
Wikstrand Ceci
Patty W Wideman
Cowen

Andy
Burger

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Lazar-Pageau-Prince
Puempel-Smith-Chiasson
Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Frustrating to watch Murray's press conference. He's essentially given up on getting a top six forward, recognizes he can't spend because all of his budget on bad players, and somehow thinks we'll be good enough. Personally I think we still have no direction and they aren't thinking of the bigger picture about when our window starts/if it ever even opens. You look at what other teams are doing and quite frankly, a lot of them are stacked. We're so far behind the contenders at this point that we'd need to magically find about 2-3 star players in our lineup. I don't see any capable of playing 1st line minutes or top pairing minutes.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Frustrating to watch Murray's press conference. He's essentially given up on getting a top six forward, recognizes he can't spend because all of his budget on bad players, and somehow thinks we'll be good enough. Personally I think we still have no direction and they aren't thinking of the bigger picture about when our window starts/if it ever even opens. You look at what other teams are doing and quite frankly, a lot of them are stacked. We're so far behind the contenders at this point that we'd need to magically find about 2-3 star players in our lineup. I don't see any capable of playing 1st line minutes or top pairing minutes.

Not really sure what you were expecting.

There were no marque top 6 forwards available as free agents, so I'm not sure we would have upgraded our team that much, even by giving out a $4-$5M deal to the likes of Frolik or Belesky. And I'm not really sure they give us much of an upgrade in the top 9 either. If we had let Michalek and Greening walk, we would definitely have some more $ flexibility to sign a forward, but I'm not sure what was there would be much better. Wouldn't be a huge change in our team's talent level, and I can just imagine what our fans would have done had they walked, given the reaction for letting Condra go elsewhere.

Bottom line, any big signing would have limited what moves we could make in the next year or two, as some of our contracts come off the books (Michalek, Greening, Phillips).

Bottom line is we are committed already to 13 NHL forwards, and that doesn't even include a few forwards knocking on the door, including Prince, who is no longer waiver exempt and has proven what he has to at the AHL level as a clear allstar and top 10 scorer. Puempel also showed reasonably well, that he can be a bottom 6 guy, with upside to be better.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
If we Cameron keeps playing the best players I expect the following on opening night:

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Michalek-Pageau-Lazar
Puempel-Paul-Chiasson

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen-Wideman

Paul gets a handful of games before going down to Binghamton.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

One of the youngest teams in the NHL got healthy and a new coach and went on an amazing run. They had 6th and 5th rounders finish around 30 goals. Their captain won his second Norris.

The team is rightfully content to make few changes to its young developing roster and you're whining 3 months before the season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Prince-Pageau-Michalek
Chiasson-Smith-Neil
Greening

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Cowen/Borowiecki-Wideman
Cowen/Borowiecki
Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

Puempel-O'Dell-Lazar
Schneider-Dzingel-Robinson
McCormick-Paul-Guptill
Dunn-Stortini-Ewanyk
Dziurzynski

Claesson-Kostka
Harpur-Grant
Sdao-Mullan
Rutkowski

O'Connor
Driedger

I would be very surprised if a rookie like Dunn took a roster spot away from a 3 yr AHL player like Dzuirzynski especially given how close he was to playing regularly in Ottawa just a couple of yrs ago.

This is who I think will be on the starting roster on opening day if there are no injuries but it should be a little different team to close the season with at least three changes during the yr.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Chiasson - Z. Smith - Neil/Greening

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Phillips

Anderson - Hammond

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I would be very surprised if a rookie like Dunn took a roster spot away from a 3 yr AHL player like Dzuirzynski especially given how close he was to playing regularly in Ottawa just a couple of yrs ago.

In the end, Bingo is a development resource for the Sens, so bonafide prospects get to play as a means of development and evaluation, ahead of depth AHL signings like Diz. It's often not based on merit where the best players play.

That said, if they are going to park Dunn on the 4th line, best to let him play 20+ minutes a night in Elmira for a few months until injuries kick in and more ice time is available. That's often the path for 1st year pros like Dunn anyway. No shame in it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
With all of these OS or threatened ones ,we need to think about our rfa,s and contract extensions much sooner.Iam ok with not signing anyone because of this.The cheap bridge deal may be nearing its end

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
MacArthur/Turris/Stone
Hoffman/Zibanejad/Ryan
Michalek/Pageau/Chiasson
Greening/Lazar/Neil
Smith

Methot/Karlsson
Wiercioch/Ceci
Borowiecki/Wideman
Cowen, Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Sens were very clear they want to have open spots for young players and dont want another wideman situation. Maybe that helps prince. I dont think Puempel makes it out of camp. He usually isnt very good in camps

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
MacArthur/Turris/Stone
Hoffman/Zibanejad/Ryan
Michalek/Pageau/Chiasson
Greening/Lazar/Neil
Smith

Methot/Karlsson
Wiercioch/Ceci
Borowiecki/Wideman
Cowen, Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

Greening, Neil and Chiasson in the starting lineup at the same time? That's a recipe for disaster.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Murray said when it comes to young players maybe they will struggle a little over regular older NHLer but later in the year it will be worth it. Maybe thats not good for SMith and Greening

Murray also said hes still trying to trade some guys and greening was mentioned as one. Greening said hes going to make it very hard for Cameron not to play him. Murray said they told Greening that they didnt think he fought hard enough to keep his spot

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Why does everyone have Greening in the opening night lineup? I have a feeling he's pegged for the AHL again just like last year. Why would the team compound their mistake in re-signing him by having him clog up a spot that should go to a younger player. They're not trying to develop Greening anymore. He's a spare part at best.

And guys, Neil is a 13th forward. The Greening-Smith-Neil combo should NEVER see the light of day again. What short memories we have around here. That line is one of the reasons Paul MacLean is in Anaheim now.

Lastly, I never liked Hoffman-Zib-Ryan. No play-makers or defensively aware guys there.

Opening night....

Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoff - Zib - Stone
Michalek - Pags - Lazar
Prince - Smith - Chiasson
(Neil)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman
(Boro, Phillips)

Andy/Hammond

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Opening night....

Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoff - Zib - Stone
Michalek - Pags - Lazar
Prince - Smith - Chiasson
(Neil)

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman
(Boro, Phillips)

Andy/Hammond

I'm good with this. But a couple comments.

I'm good with either Boro or Cowen on the third pairing. Depends on which one has a better camp.

Similar comment for Lazar and Puempel. Whichever has a better camp stays up and gets that spot. Prince should be in regardless.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
I'm good with this. But a couple comments.

I'm good with either Boro or Cowen on the third pairing. Depends on which one has a better camp.

Similar comment for Lazar and Puempel. Whichever has a better camp stays up and gets that spot. Prince should be in regardless.

Yeah, makes sense. Lazar's an odd situation because he now has a year of NHL experience under his belt (and a year off his ELC) but could be sent to Binghamton without waivers. I have a feeling he sticks, though. He was a legit 3rd liner by the end of the year last year. I think the team likes him as a person/player. I think he's got enough pedigree as a 1st round draft pick and junior scorer to convince management to keep him around.

I think you are 100% right on Boro vs. Cowen. IMO, Cowen shouldn't be on this team anymore. Perhaps they tried to deal him and his contract prevented that. His injuries have seemingly slowed him down and his hockey sense has not improved since he was a rookie being sheltered by Gonchar. He needs to have quite an impressive summer of training to demonstrate that those concerns are no longer valid. Boro - Ceci was a nice combo a couple of years back at camp and with Boro you have a better idea what you've got -- steady physical play, shot-blocking, some PK'ing, little offense, and safe plays out of the zone. But you don't hang on to the puck as much witih Boro. That's the one area where he needs to improve -- carrying the puck and passing instead of chipping it out of the zone randomly. He's got an excellent mentor/example in Methot who he should model his game after.... although Methot's a better skater and may always be.......

I'd be fine with....

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Boro - Wideman
(Cowen, Phillips)

As the starting D. Or perhaps Cowen - Boro can be a decent 3rd pairing. Lots to prove over the next 3 months.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad