Line Combos: Opening Night Roster

The Jangle Meister*

Wow, you still don't get it.
No Buff for Mich, chais, weir, prince, queen, king, . We want quality.your offer isn't close.
That's all I'm saying..
If you want Buff, we want a good roster player back. First liner. You are not coming close.
we probably don't make good partners, as we are both rebuilding but never giving up.

then we wont make a deal since your asking price isnt even close, zero chance we give up a first liner for a 1 year to UFA. Good luck

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
A Guy!,,
But we should take Mich and weir?. Let's meet in he middle?

I didn't say that you would take Mich and Weir, i am saying that giving up guys like Zibanejad, Hoffman or Stone for Buff who may end up walking in a year will most likely not happen.

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
Sorry guys, shouldn't be discussing this here, You have a great looking team in the future. Hopefully our teams will be battling for the cup, and those southern teams won't. :laugh:I just got evolved in the buff talk. He really is a beast on defence. Any team would love him. I'm sure if a team tried for him a provision could be made, but he wants major money, and deserves it too.I think Jets will be offering 8x4. He wants 8x6.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This roster is based on contracts & waiver eligibility. I'm not sure if BM would risk placing both Prince & Wideman on waivers before returning them to Bingo. IMO Lazar will start the yr in Bingo since he is waiver exempt.

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan - is it time to put this line back together?
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone - can these two can help Zibad accumulate more pts?
Prince - Pageau - Chiasson - could this be a 3rd scoring line?
Michalek - Z. Smith - Neil/Greening - I expect Michalek to move up eventually

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Wideman/Phillips - injury replacements

Anderson - Hammond

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
I didn't say that you would take Mich and Weir, i am saying that giving up guys like Zibanejad, Hoffman or Stone for Buff who may end up walking in a year will most likely not happen.

Players and agents make agreements wih teams before accepting trades. Majority sign with the new team. Players are people too, and want to play where they are wanted. Yes, I do know.!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i'm not overly worried about prince on waivers after camp. They sent greening down this year, not sure why they wouldnt do it again. Sounds like murray thinks he's done, which isnt necessarily bad, just means we're relying on internal improvement again.

Macarthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Lazar
Prince-Smith-Chiasson
Neil

*I think puempel still has a year of waiver exemption left. So he gets sent down with greening.

Wideman is another story, because we pretty much have to guarantee him an NHL spot to sign him. I doubt anyone is offering wideman a guaranteed top six spot, and wideman can probably grab 40-50 games with this lineup. I am a bit worried that he hasnt signed yet... if he isnt signed tomorrow it's probably a sign that he's going somewhere else on wednesday.

I think we're fine now with:

Meth-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Wiercioch-Borowicki
Phillips-Wideman

Nabokov20

Karlsson for Chuck
Sep 21, 2009
Ottawa
Mac - turris - stone
hoff - zibby - ryan
milo - pageau - lazar
prince/greening - smith - neil/chiasson

meth - norris
wier - ceci
cowen - boro
philly

andy
burger

ideally you trade greening for futures, philly retires, and we sign wideman to replace him

source

Jul 13, 2008
The last 3 forward spots should be up for grabs at training camp.

Could be any of the following that make it: Smith, Greening, Neil, Chiasson, Puempel, Prince, Dzingel, Robinson, Paul.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Our top 6 is obvious:

Mac - Turris - Stone
Hoff - Ziba - Ryan

Our bottom 6 is a mess. Ideally I want Pageau to be centering the 4th line, maybe with Michalek and Condra. But I want a better 3rd line (Da Costa :cry: could have centered a skilled 3rd line and helped on the PP). I don't want Neil, Chiasson, Smith or Greening on the team if I can help it. But we can't acquire an entire line and get rid of all the surplus, so:

Condra - Pageau - Michalek
Prince - Smith - Chiasson
Neil, Greening

with Puempel and Lazar providing depth in the AHL. Puempel might be a better fit on that line with Smith and Chiasson though. Prince's skill is wasted there.

Defensively, we need a top 4 who can also help Karlsson on the PP.

Methot - Karlsson
??? - Ceci <- maybe Wiercioch can be traded for a team with cap/budget issues and an available top 4?
Cowen - Boro

Phillips, Wideman, etc.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Where do we stand at this point, with Condra and Gryba gone, and Wideman re-signed? I'm going to assume Prince is going to make the roster.

Mac - Turris - Stone
Hoff - Ziba - Ryan
Prince - Pageau - Michalek <- could be a good line
Puempel - Smith - Chiasson <- pretty good 4th line
Neil, Greening

AHL depth: Lazar, Robinson, Paul

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - BoroCop
Phillips, Wideman

Anderson
Hamburglar

Could still use a top 4 D (Sekera :cry:) and an experienced skilled forward I say, but it's not looking bad at all. At least a bubble team at this point, as long as the top dogs stay healthy.

WhiteLight*

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Borowiecki
Phillips - Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

meh

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Borowiecki
Phillips - Wideman

Anderson
Hammond

meh

Given that Puempel was retained in the NHL longer than Prince, I think Puempel is more likely to make the final roster. Then there is the waiver concern that could see Lazar sent to Bingo if the team might lose another player, such as Prince who might have to clear waivers. Plus there is Greening with the one way contract but there may be no takers of him on waivers.

WhiteLight*

Given that Puempel was retained in the NHL longer than Prince, I think Puempel is more likely to make the final roster. Then there is the waiver concern that could see Lazar sent to Bingo if the team might lose another player, such as Prince who might have to clear waivers. Plus there is Greening with the one way contract but there may be no takers of him on waivers.

If Prince is waived with Neil, Phillips and Chiasson taking roster spots, I might just ...

you know what, it would be so stupid that I just don't see it happening. It's inconceivable.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Gotta somehow dump Greening, Neil, Smith, and Phillips somehow. Please dear lord find a way.... does it ever piss me off that we might lose prince because of one of those scrubs.

Othello*

Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
MacArther Turris Stone
Prince Pageau Lazar
Michalek Smith Chiasson
Neil
Greening

Methot Karlsson
Weirchoch Ceci
Cowen Wideman
Phillips
Boro

Andy
Hammond

Imo that's the best lineup we can ice. That's a whole lot of money spent on players with minuscule roles on the team

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If Prince is waived with Neil, Phillips and Chiasson taking roster spots, I might just ...

you know what, it would be so stupid that I just don't see it happening. It's inconceivable.

With the way the asset management has been done so far today I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happens.

WhiteLight*

Best lineup?

Prince - Pageau - Michalek
Puempel - Lazar - Chiasson
Smith

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wideman
Cowen

Anderson