Opening day give away

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
It was pretty strange how they handled this promotion. We were given voucher tickets when we first entered Staples and we couldn't redeem them until after the banner was raised. I was expecting them to have been on the back of the seats waiting for us.

And there is a huge McDonalds logo on the opposite side of the banner. :laugh:

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
It was pretty strange how they handled this promotion. We were given voucher tickets when we first entered Staples and we couldn't redeem them until after the banner was raised. I was expecting them to have been on the back of the seats waiting for us.

Better then on the front. I am begining to hate the McD logo

Ron*

Bush-league. Pure bush-league. I'm putting some backing on it and framing it for the wall. So that McD logo is obliterated.

Since it appears that the Kings have basically sold their soul to McDonalds this season, I feel they should have put the McD logo on the back of the real banner with the "I'm lovin' it!" TM as well.

Might as well.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Bush-league. Pure bush-league. I'm putting some backing on it and framing it for the wall. So that McD logo is obliterated.

Since it appears that the Kings have basically sold their soul to McDonalds this season, I feel they should have put the McD logo on the back of the real banner with the "I'm lovin' it!" TM as well.

Might as well.

I would rather have it with a McDonalds logo on the back than not have it at all. Let's not forget it's a business and they need to make money somehow. The thing was free anyway.

...full disclosure, I didn't get one because I couldn't afford tickets.

Ron*

I would rather have it with a McDonalds logo on the back than not have it at all. Let's not forget it's a business and they need to make money somehow. The thing was free anyway.

...full disclosure, I didn't get one because I couldn't afford tickets.

I get it, its a business, and I don't care what they put on the playoff towels.

But it seems somewhat sacrilegious to do it on the banner.

Remember, they are doing all these giveaways to appease and win back the fans whose spirit they robbed during the lockout. To turn that "claim" around and then advertise on the giveaways seems kind of hypocritical to me.

Now I am wondering if I am going to see a McDonalds logo on the puck they are giving away on the first legends night.

mcdonalds-logo-e1346895920343.jpg

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
There's a couple on eBay for 30 to 40 bucks.

lmao - seriously it's a fairly cheap little banner, nothing to go out of your way to get unless you are a obsessive collector. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm giving away mine :laugh:

Anyway, the team store is selling a bigger replica of the banner...

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I get it, its a business, and I don't care what they put on the playoff towels.

But it seems somewhat sacrilegious to do it on the banner.

Remember, they are doing all these giveaways to appease and win back the fans whose spirit they robbed during the lockout. To turn that "claim" around and then advertise on the giveaways seems kind of hypocritical to me.

Now I am wondering if I am going to see a McDonalds logo on the puck they are giving away on the first legends night.

mcdonalds-logo-e1346895920343.jpg

It's not the real banner for Christ's sake and it cost you, me and everyone else NOTHING. Still, you have people on here who are dying to have one, logo and all, but apparently the Kings have slighted all of us once again.

Perhaps they should have hand-knitted the banners and had the entire team autograph the back of each one?

As for the way they handled it, you can not leave them on the backs of the seats or else you would have one guy on Ebay today selling 20 of these at $30 a pop. I thought it was handled well, especially considering that some giveaways are a "pick it up on the way out" which can take quite a long time due to lines...I'm sure the puck nights this year will be that way so nobody throws them on the ice.

Ron*

It's not the real banner for Christ's sake and it cost you, me and everyone else NOTHING. Still, you have people on here who are dying to have one, logo and all, but apparently the Kings have slighted all of us once again.

Perhaps they should have hand-knitted the banners and had the entire team autograph the back of each one?

I guess you missed the point of my post. Read it again more closely.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
lmao - seriously it's a fairly cheap little banner, nothing to go out of your way to get unless you are a obsessive collector. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm giving away mine :laugh:

Anyway, the team store is selling a bigger replica of the banner...

Do you have a link to it? I saw it yesterday during the game, I went back and the Team LA store doesn't have it listed. If it doesn't exist online anymore, if someone in the LA area happens to be at a Team LA store location and there are some in stock, I would gladly reimburse someone for it and pay for the shipping to Canada.

Also, there is a nice shirt on the Team LA store's website

http://teamlastore.com/content/los-angeles-kings-raise-banner-tee-black

However, it is only available up to a 2XL online. I need a 3XL, if someone happens to be down at the store and sees one let me know.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
As for the way they handled it, you can not leave them on the backs of the seats or else you would have one guy on Ebay today selling 20 of these at $30 a pop.

I had this problem in the playoffs last year with my rally towel. At 3 different games I had to track down one of the usher supervisors to get a new towel.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Do you have a link to it? I saw it yesterday during the game, I went back and the Team LA store doesn't have it listed. If it doesn't exist online anymore, if someone in the LA area happens to be at a Team LA store location and there are some in stock, I would gladly reimburse someone for it and pay for the shipping to Canada.

they were selling them at the game yesterday - didn't see the price. Team LA sent out an email yesterday showing it but now the link doesn't work :dunno: probably sold out? I'm sure they'll get more...

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
they were selling them at the game yesterday - didn't see the price. Team LA sent out an email yesterday showing it but now the link doesn't work :dunno: probably sold out? I'm sure they'll get more...

They were $5.99. I knew I should have ordered it when I saw it. The jersey patches are available too for $22.99 I believe.

christhn

May 25, 2012
There's a couple on eBay for 30 to 40 bucks.

Team LA had small ones for around $5-8, medium-sized ones for $30, and large ones for over $100. The small one was a little bigger than the Mickey D's one and the medium sized one is about 1.5 x 2 feet.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I can be taken off the list. Had a friend at work who got one for me. It's fantastic! Love that they made it a giveaway. :handclap: I really think people are overreacting to the McDonald's logo/sponsorship. It's on the back, you can't even see it. And again, it was free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad