Post-Game Talk: Opening Day - Devils 5, Oilers 2 (@ Sweden)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hall and Nico didn't have their best game, so it's great to still knock the Oilers over and kick them in the teeth.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Don’t need good goaltending if you don’t give up chances

afd.jpg_large

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Terrific win. Kinkaid is our goalie. I said that last year. We showed lots of speed. IMO Coleman is a waste. Boyle shows me nothing as does Lovejoy but it is extremely early in the season but they continue their pattern of last season.

Go Devils.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Terrific win. Kinkaid is our goalie. I said that last year. We showed lots of speed. IMO Coleman is a waste. Boyle shows me nothing as does Lovejoy but it is extremely early in the season but they continue their pattern of last season.

Go Devils.

...until Schneider comes back in a week or two, sure

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The only things to possibly be upset about would be the penalties, but whatever, they still won and the PK stepped up after the first goal against.

Very nice to see us win and get carried by non-Taylor Hall players. Palmieri, Zajac, Wood. JQ looked pretty good as well. We need that kind of performance from the middle-6.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I actually feel bad for McDavid having to play with that many slow guys. You could see him have to ease off on a bunch of rushes to let players catch up to him. Could you imagine how much more dangerous he would be playing for a team like ours that focuses on speed? Oilers might be one of the slowest teams in the league.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Like I said 5 times before the game started.

LOSER COACH!

He used to get so much praise for the Sharks success, as if you needed to be a really good head coach to get that team to make the playoffs. I think you needed to be a really mediocre coach to not be able to get them to at least the SCF during those years.
My least favorite loser move was continuing to roll all 4 lines down a goal with less than 10 minutes left in a playoff game. Gotta keep the boys fresh for OT, right Todd?

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Always thought he was the worst head coach in the league out of those who have been employed long term. I know @Bleedred will love that one.
I wanna know what was so special about him. Because he was an assistant for the Red Wings under Babcock?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My least favorite loser move was continuing to roll all 4 lines down a goal with less than 10 minutes left in a playoff game. Gotta keep the boys fresh for OT, right Todd?
He probably thinks they lost because the game started at 11:00 AM Edmonton time. And they’ve only been in Europe for 5 days.

I’ll never forget when the Sharks lost to I think it was the Rangers during a matinee game. It might have been the Islanders. He blamed the 1:00 PM start, which is a 10:00 AM start San Jose time. Despite the fact that the team had been in the Eastern time zone almost a week and had already played a couple games there on that trip.

Reactions: SabresSharks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad