Open Letter To Hockey Hall of Fame: Address The Injustice and Induct Rogie Vachon

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It is still mind boggling to me how he doesn't get consideration. Especially, as you state in the article, he is ahead of several others in the HHOF, and at the time of his retirement, he was 5th overall in wins. 5th Overall. How is it possible for the 5th overall goaltender, 4th in shutouts, with a Vezina, and three Stanley Cup rings, to not be inducted into the HHOF? It can only be a result of incompetence by the committee responsible for the nomination.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
It is still mind boggling to me how he doesn't get consideration. Especially, as you state in the article, he is ahead of several others in the HHOF, and at the time of his retirement, he was 5th overall in wins. 5th Overall. How is it possible for the 5th overall goaltender, 4th in shutouts, with a Vezina, and three Stanley Cup rings, to not be inducted into the HHOF? It can only be a result of incompetence by the committee responsible for the nomination.

Actually, he retired in 1982. 1998 is when I wrote the original version of that story. The one linked in the open letter "story" is an updated version.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

I have wondered if some at the HOF have had it in for Jack Kent Cooke all these years - or even Rogie for some odd reason.

They can't be that dumb to not realize that he is more than worthy to be in the HOF. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad