OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I had to do some searching and found that the guy was Guffman, but his profile no longer exists.

Ha - yeah, that's the guy. Was one of the biggest tools I've come across on these boards. Interesting that he's no longer on here.

On an unrelated note, one of my kids has a player on his baseball team with the last name Duffy and I'm disappointed they don't refer to him as Duffman.

1714653666025.png

Camille the Eel

Home team loses first 4, home team wins game 5. Took the higher seed a couple of games get their legs under them + the goalie to settle in.

Greatest player ever I don't care what people say lol
Of his generation anyway. His era in the game. Comparison: Bobby Orr in his day. Very similar talents actually, it’s a good comparison for those who watched both of them play.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ve been saying for the last year the Oilers are gonna win the cup soon. It took Ovechkin a while before the Capitals won the cup. He was already 6-7 years older than McDavid and had been in the league about 4 years longer than McDavid has now by the time he finally won the cup.

He won’t go cupless. I think he’ll win one in the next 3 years. Could even be this one.

Reactions: Dialamo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Of his generation anyway. His era in the game. Comparison: Bobby Orr in his day. Very similar talents actually, it’s a good comparison for those who watched both of them play.
Don't you mean more like Ben Lovejoy during his Devils tenure?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I’ve been saying for the last year the Oilers are gonna win the cup soon. It took Ovechkin a while before the Capitals won the cup. He was already 6-7 years older than McDavid and had been in the league about 4 years longer than McDavid has now by the time he finally won the cup.

He won’t go cupless. I think he’ll win one in the next 3 years. Could even be this one.
Because of the bracket the Oilers are going to walk to the conference final and the other side could be pretty beat up.

Reactions: Bleedred

Camille the Eel

It's going to be interesting to see them play someone truly competitive in the next round or after. I was not impressed with them at the end of the 3d period last night, trying to close out the series. They were very loose defensively and with an inch or two on a pass across the crease this game could have been tied in the last minute. The Oilers looked like we do when trying to defend a 6 on 5.

Their goaltending and their defense is suspect to me. I would like to see them win but I don't see this team as superior to Denver or Dallas or maybe Vegas in a series. Superior to Vancouver or Nashville, okay, no question. But they will need to score their way to beating either Denver, Dallas or Vegas and I don't think they match up well as to defensive strength against any of those three clubs.

In short, as usual, as in all previous seasons, they still look top heavy to me, built from the forward end in, instead of the goalie out. Superior at forward even, given McDavid and friends. But that is not commonly a successful design for the playoffs.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Any of DAL, VGK and COL can give EDM a very hard time.

They are still too top heavy. Draisaitl, McDavid, Bouchard and Hyman account for most of the scoring.

Danault was a ghost in this series but I highly doubt Hintz, Lekhonen, etc will be.

Reactions: Alex NJD

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's going to be interesting to see them play someone truly competitive in the next round or after. I was not impressed with them at the end of the 3d period last night, trying to close out the series. They were very loose defensively and with an inch or two on a pass across the crease this game could have been tied in the last minute. The Oilers looked like we do when trying to defend a 6 on 5.

Their goaltending and their defense is suspect to me. I would like to see them win but I don't see this team as superior to Denver or Dallas or maybe Vegas in a series. Superior to Vancouver or Nashville, okay, no question. But they will need to score their way to beating either Denver, Dallas or Vegas and I don't think they match up well as to defensive strength against any of those three clubs.

In short, as usual, as in all previous seasons, they still look top heavy to me, built from the forward end in, instead of the goalie out. Superior at forward even, given McDavid and friends. But that is not commonly a successful design for the playoffs.
I agree with a lot of this. I didn't think they played well at times against LA and for ending that in the gentleman's sweep, there were a couple of games (including last night) where it looked like they were going to lose it. I thought they gave up too many goals.

I've been on record saying that Stuart Skinner is the most underrated goalie in hockey, because a lot of people talk like he's some bum. He's really no worse than Adin Hill who won the cup as a starter last year. He might even be better than him. A lot of people talk about him like he's Dan Cloutier though.

But he needs to tighten up just a little bit next round. They can't keep winning games while giving up 3 or 4 goals.

And next round they're going to face potentially Demko (if he's back) or Saros. That's quite a bit of an upgrade from the jobber tag team of Talbot/Rittich.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Being forward top heavy and just average on D is really detrimental in the playoffs. A better team will simply focus on and shut down the top guys, and their top guys combined with depth will be too much for your average D to contain.

I actually think edmonton’s goaltending is ok, but I don’t even know who is in their bottom 6. Is Henrique playing there?

Their top players are so good they could pull off a cup this year, but I’d think they need those bottom six players and d-men to be heroes and play way over their heads For the next 6 weeks.

Reactions: Dialamo

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Is there anymore evidence needed that the leafs are mentally soft than the fact that they have lost like 70% of their home playoff games in this era? Crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad