OOT Scoreboard: 2021 Let this season heal soon/ NO MORE COVID III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Note to self . Do NOT want Anderson as a backup fir Blackwood next year . Not even at league min. He looks like garbage out there. He looks bad enough to almost prefer Dell or Wedgewood . Almost .
That wouldn’t happen unless who got another goalie who retired real late in us. He’s not in the running. (Don’t even suggest such things to @Bleedred he won’t take it well.)

He’s turning 40 on May 21st and the Caps signed him in January after Lundqvist’s heart trouble took him out in late December.
I think the only way we’ll even see him in the NHL next year is if he goes on some kind of crazy run this playoffs. He’d probably have to win a round in the playoffs (and with good personal numbers) and not completely implode in round two if he’s going to even get an NHL job next year.

He wouldn’t have gotten an NHL gig this year, if not for Lundqvist retiring.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight’s playoff game

Bruins vs Capitals: 3 goals against Rask, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Vanecek and it’s stoppable. 1 goal against Anderson in relief, no chance.

So that’s 5 goals scored against goalies, 2 are stoppable. That’s 40% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .914%.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
You can still switch your pick. I don’t what’s up with Samsonov, who’s still on COVID protocol list I guess?

I assumed the Bruins are going to win the series (unfortunately) but the injury sucks because I want some hope at least and I definitely want a tough long series. Maybe Vanecek comes back though.

Samsonov and Kuznetsov are off protocol now. But Samsonov would surely need at least a week to get back to shape. Anayway I had Washington for the CUP in january and still have.

Camille the Eel

Goals against review for tonight’s playoff game

Bruins vs Capitals: 3 goals against Rask, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Vanecek and it’s stoppable. 1 goal against Anderson in relief, no chance.

So that’s 5 goals scored against goalies, 2 are stoppable. That’s 40% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .914%.
Which Rask goal do you think was stoppable. Maybe Wilson's opening tally, he may have been off his angle and cheating on the 2 on 1, but it was a wicked snipe at the far top corner.

But the OT winner, I didn't think was on him. It was a bouncing deflection that may even have changed direction twice on the way in, a fluke change up too, and that came through traffic. One sees goals like that all the time and I can't put it on the goaltender. You can say he should have been more compact so it doesn't trickle through his arm but he is by definition moving when the puck gets bounced off the ice in front of him and who knows what direction that object takes when it comes back up.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Camille the Eel

Also thought Washington deserved to win the game. They were better on puck possession all night, the Bruins didn't generate much and Washington had a lot of dangerous looks in the Bruins end. The Bruins power play goal kept them in but even that one was flukey.

The Caps defense was very impressive. Whoever said above that Orlov is a stud was in my view very correct. As a team they are big and strong and very structured and the Bruins didn't have an answer last night.

Their size and strength seemed to give the B's trouble. The Bruins defense with Grzelyck (spelling, I know ?) and Miller looked lighter to me than the Washington forwards and wasn't handling the pressure as well as I'd like to see (I am rooting for Boston for sure). You noticed that Chara is on the other club last night. This is the first real playoff series where McAvoy has to be the stud and at the defensive end the Bruins looked a little overwhelmed by Washington's weight, certainly stressed.

Two Washington goals on deflections and heavy traffic in front. Hey the Boston defense looks a little NJ Devils like there. They didn't have the strength to clear the slot in front of Rask.

It's one game. The Bruins didn't maybe bring their best effort. The pressure was on Washington to win at home in the opener and they did. But Boston has to make some adjustments to its game or they will be down 2 zip.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
to lose the opening game by 1 goal in OT on the road isn't the end of the world, Boston will win their share, not saying they'll take the series but it'll be a series, 6 or 7 games is my prediction

Camille the Eel

to lose the opening game by 1 goal in OT on the road isn't the end of the world, Boston will win their share, not saying they'll take the series but it'll be a series, 6 or 7 games is my prediction
The pressure is on the B’s in game 2. You don’t want to go down 2 zip to that club. They are experienced champions with Ovechkin etc. and may not take their foot off of your neck that easily.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
The pressure is on the B’s in game 2. You don’t want to go down 2 zip to that club. They are experienced champions with Ovechkin etc. and may not take their foot off of your neck that easily.
yeah they win game 2 and head home tied they'll feel good about things
(I'm assuming they play 2/2/1/1/1 like in previous years but this season is so messed up with schedules)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Which Rask goal do you think was stoppable. Maybe Wilson's opening tally, he may have been off his angle and cheating on the 2 on 1, but it was a wicked snipe at the far top corner.

But the OT winner, I didn't think was on him. It was a bouncing deflection that may even have changed direction twice on the way in, a fluke change up too, and that came through traffic. One sees goals like that all the time and I can't put it on the goaltender. You can say he should have been more compact so it doesn't trickle through his arm but he is by definition moving when the puck gets bounced off the ice in front of him and who knows what direction that object takes when it comes back up.
I nailed Rask on the OT winner. He looked to have it under control, but he didn’t. Because of the deflection, I didn’t give it softy of the night and I won’t kill him for that, but I’ve been nailing goalies on that since I started doing these reviews.

If it didn’t bounce off of him and in, I wouldn’t have given him a stoppable on that.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Islanders in 6, even though I hope not.
Not without Varlamov, he was their biggest advantage.

The Pens often play poorly in Nassau though, I’m sure they will be happy to see that arena go. Malkin being out helps the Isles but the Isles really have been having troubling scoring lately.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not without Varlamov, he was their biggest advantage.

The Pens often play poorly in Nassau though, I’m sure they will be happy to see that arena go. Malkin being out helps the Isles but the Isles really have been having troubling scoring lately.
I’d love to see Cory in there. He’s their backup today.

With a better defense and system, he might be able to win a round.

I’m actually kind of kidding and kind of serious. Mostly kidding.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nice goal Jarry.

What a horrific goal.

Glad Keith Jones called him out for that one.

f*** Palmieri too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’d love to see Cory in there. He’s their backup today.

With a better defense and system, he might be able to win a round.

I’m actually kind of kidding and kind of serious. Mostly kidding.

So you are advocating NJ bring him back after this season on a nice Multi-year extension to win in the playoffs?

Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Caps are famously bad at finishing off teams and only did that sort of thing well one season four years ago.

They lost in game 7 in round one to Carolina in the year after their Cup win. And the Caps won the first two games at home, the second in OT. Carolina won both home games and the series turned. The Capitals won game 5 and lost the next two. And they lost game 7 at home in OT. (Carolina eventually lost 4-0 in the Eastern Conference Finals to Boston, after beating the Isles 4-0 in the 2nd round.)

There will be plenty of pressure on the Caps not to blow this, particularly when it goes to Boston. The way to beat Boston is by fire power and not taking penalties.

They’ve lost twice to Tampa in the 2nd round recently (one year being Tampa’s Cup year obviously). And they lost to the Blues and the Capitals when they were on their way to their Cups, the Bruins are always a tough out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Caps are famously bad at finishing off teams and only did that sort of thing well one season four years ago.

They lost in game 7 in round one to Carolina in the year after their Cup win. And the Caps won the first two games at home, the second in OT. Carolina won both home games and the series turned. The Capitals won game 5 and lost the next two. And they lost game 7 at home in OT. (Carolina eventually lost 4-0 in the Eastern Conference Finals to Boston, after beating the Isles 4-0 in the 2nd round.)

There will be plenty of pressure on the Caps not to blow this, particularly when it goes to Boston. The way to beat Boston is by fire power and not taking penalties.

They’ve lost twice to Tampa in the 2nd round recently (one year being Tampa’s Cup year obviously). And they lost to the Blues and the Capitals when they were on their way to their Cups, the Bruins are always a tough out.
That’s what I’m saying. They are always good for either losing in the first round or to the Pens or Rangers in the second round.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That’s what I’m saying. They are always good for either losing in the first round or to the Pens or Rangers in the second round.
Well there’s no shame in losing to the eventual Cup winners in the 2nd round. The Caps have had a lot of problems in game 7 games though and blowing series leads.

They have a lot playoff ghosts for a recent Cup winner and that’s because they haven’t beaten a very good team in the playoffs outside of their Cup run. It’s 2014-15 Isles, 2015-16 Flyers and 2016-17 Leafs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only series I’m particularly excited to watch in the East-ish (American East-ish) is the Tampa-Florida series.

And I see East-ish because the Preds aren’t really in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad