OOT Scoreboard: 2021 Let this season heal soon/ NO MORE COVID II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This ice is a disaster, try to capture new fans tuning in and of course something like this happens, amazing lol

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Hey, the Red Wings have managed to take 2-1 lead.

One goal from a defenseman who has, before this one, 5 goals in 333 games (Nemeth) and 26 year old Swede (Brome) who had no points in his career 17 NHL games. Let’s go baby, they are a machine.

Reactions: Blackjack

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
This reminds me of the start of the Devils-Rangers game being delayed by 90+ mins or so during the Yankee Stadium game.
I was there, it was so brutal, it was low 20s with winds and we had upper deck seats, by the time the game started you were frozen, we left after the second period finished. And there was really no place to stay warm, the only spot was the men's room, wherever you went in the stadium it was freezing.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I was there, it was so brutal, it was low 20s with winds and we had upper deck seats, by the time the game started you were frozen, we left after the second period finished. And there was really no place to stay warm, the only spot was the men's room, wherever you went in the stadium it was freezing.

I stayed the whole time but I would have been fine temperature wise if the game actually started on tine. Personally don't care if I never attend another one though. I had a good view of the rink but overall it was a one and done for me, not that the Devils are gonna be in another one anytime soon anyway.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
looked like the sun just did a number on it

ice appeared cracked and the surface wouldn't hold

I didn't watch the pregame but that's how it looked at a glance

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I stayed the whole time but I would have been fine temperature wise if the game actually started on tine. Personally don't care if I never attend another one though. I had a good view of the rink but overall it was a one and done for me, not that the Devils are gonna be in another one anytime soon anyway.
I'm not good not moving in the cold, I can work in the cold because I'm moving but just sitting there in frigid temps? Nah, I'm quite the p***y.

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

That game was one of the coldest experiences I have ever had. It was super cool and it was neat seeing the snow fall on the ice, but we barely made it into the 2nd before needing to leave.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014

this was my experience as well, my feet were numb before the puck dropped. Also didn’t help the hot chocolate/coffee machines by my section weren’t working.

Reactions: Lou is God

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That game was one of the coldest experiences I have ever had. It was super cool and it was neat seeing the snow fall on the ice, but we barely made it into the 2nd before needing to leave.
I had to go to a wedding and missed going to that game, we went to a Virginia sports bar to watch it. I still remember thinking the bar would be busy with NFL games but it practically empty with TVs mostly showing NASCAR.

We got a TV switched to the game and we also left after the 2nd period. I’m sure the Devils would have liked to have left after the 2nd period but they were legally obligated to stay and finish the game.

Reactions: Tao Jones

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Having them in gray jerseys sorta defeats the purpose of the throwback, when did Hartford actually wear gray?
It's supposed to be silver, which was added when the uniform changed after 1992. They should've made the reverse retro be the dark blue post 1992 uniform.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Yeah I was the same, I peaced out after the second period as much because of the score and the distance of my commute as anything else, plus I was a bit paranoid the snow would pick up again.

Reactions: Lou is God

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
yep

Hartford Whalers 1992-97 - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

….good they didnt pull some yellow form the wha version

1973-74 New England Whalers - The WHA Uniform Database

……still….the canes should have nothing to do with wearing the whales look …..you know the history
In a sane world the NHL would bring back the Whalers because they'd end up one of the most popular teams in the entire league and be the biggest success in the history of the league. Seriously if they announced the Whalers were coming back there would be delirious mass celebrations throughout the US and Canada.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
In a sane world the NHL would bring back the Whalers because they'd end up one of the most popular teams in the entire league and be the biggest success in the history of the league. Seriously if they announced the Whalers were coming back there would be delirious mass celebrations throughout the US and Canada.

as long as they went back to playing in a mall and i could get an orange julius ……of whih i would spike with some vodka nowadays

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The Whalers weren’t popular when they existed, why would they be popular now after 20+ years later (which is longer than the Whalers existed in the NHL to begin with)?

Reactions: Guttersniped

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I was very glad that I stopped to pick up hand and foot warmers for my gloves and boots before that game; the warmer in my right boot never activated fully, and the difference in feeling between each foot was mind (and limb) numbing.

The thing I’ll always remember from that game was how awful the ice was. Think I lost count of how many pucks bounced off the boards and skidded to an absolute halt at a perfect slot angle right in front of Marty, basically let the Rags shoot it off a tee for a bunch of their goals.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for Saturday’s games

Sabres vs Devils: 2 goals against Ullmark, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Blackwood, no chance on any.

Rangers vs Capitals: 1 goal against Shesterkin and it’s stoppable. 3 goals against Vanecek, no chance on any.

Golden Knights vs Avalanche: 3 goals against Fleury, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Grubauer, no chance on either.

Panthers vs Red Wings: 2 goals against Bobrovsky, both are stoppable. 1 goal against Bernier, no chance.

Kings vs Coyotes: 2 goals against Petersen, no chance on either. 3 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Blues: 4 goals against Dubnyk, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Binnington, 2 stoppable.

Islanders vs Penguins: 3 goals against Varlamov, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Jarry, no chance on either.

Predators vs Blue Jackets: 2 goals against Rinne, no chance on either. 4 goals against Merzlikins, no chance on any.

Maple Leafs vs Canadiens: 3 goals against Andersen, no chance on any. 5 goals against Price, 1 stoppable.

Lightning vs Hurricanes: 3 goals against Vasilevskiy, no chance on any. Nedeljkovic gets the shutout.

Wild vs Ducks: 1 goal against Kahkonen, no chance. 5 goals against Gibson, 1 stoppable.

Flames vs Oilers: 5 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Rittich in relief, both are stoppable. 1 goal against Koskinen, no chance.

So that’s 67 goals scored on goalies, 16 are stoppable. That’s 24% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .904%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad