OOT Scoreboard 2019 Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I actually laughed when they showed Marchand. I did feel legitimately bad for MoJo though. He's had to watch his former teammates win a Cup without him and lost in the Final in consecutive years. Although I guess at least he did have a deep playoff run for once.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Final counts for the playoffs. I counted 119 goals stoppable out of the 458 non-empty net goals that were scored. I could have miscounted that at some point, but I do have the official count I made in numbers next to every goalie that played this playoffs. Just under 26% (25.98%) of the goals scored on goalies were goals I counted as stoppable for the playoffs this year. The percentage was about 28.2% for the regular season. Save percentages were also slightly higher in the playoffs than they were in the regular season, which is usually the case.

Martin Jones led my count in the playoffs this year (big surprise?) with 17 goals I counted stoppable. Some of this is also a usage thing and a games played factor. Jones didn't have the highest percentage of goals I counted stoppable these playoffs, but he did lead the league and Binnington had the second highest with 15 goals I counted stoppable. Despite having the second highest number of goals I counted stoppable this playoffs, I did have Binnington at a lower percentage of goals stoppable than my overall percentage for the playoffs. Only 23.43%.

Rask and Grubauer were tied for the the lowest percentage in the playoffs, with 7 goals I counted stoppable on 49 allowed for Rask. That's just 14.28%. I distinctly remember counting 8 on Martin Jones just in the first round against Vegas and 7 against Fleury in the first round. I also counted 6 on Vasilevskiy, who only lasted 4 games. I counted 4 on Grubauer on 28 goals allowed, which was also 14.28%.

Despite the .933% save percentage from Ben Bishop, I counted 11 of his 30 goals allowed as stoppable. Only Hellebuyck (6 stoppable on 16 allowed), Vasilevskiy (6 stoppable on 14 allowed) and Aaron Dell (2 stoppable on 5 allowed and only played in relief) had a higher percentage than that. However, Bobrovsky and his .925% save percentage was pretty close with 9 goals I counted stoppable (8 coming in the Boston series) on 25 goals allowed. Rinne and his 6 goals stoppable on 17 goals allowed was pretty close too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Further discussion can go in the Around The League thread, there's no more OOT scores till September/October...onto the offseason!

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad