OOT Scoreboard 2019 Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
People wonder why I wanted to see Washington and Tampa. Isles had one freaking goal against a team that lost a defenseman early in the first and lost their starting goalie half way through, only managing 17 shots against the backup. Gross.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Very strong team Rawly has. They may fall just short missing their steal in Mrazek. But they could be the team of destiny.

DD sent me.

Reactions: Billdo and Dialamo

Camille the Eel

It's very evident that the Islanders have lost their home ice advantage playing these games in Brooklyn. These crowds are noticeably quieter and the ice looks terrible.
It’s never felt like a major home ice advantage for them in Brooklyn. Not this year; not ever. The contrast when they play in Uniondale is inescapable - the difference in intensity and focus. I can’t explain it.

Raleigh has taken them completely out of their game. Or the lay-off has. Or both. 1 goal in 2 games and that one a fluke deflection off a defenseman’s stick.

How badly is Mrazek hurt? Didn’t see it (had turned it off at that point).

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It’s never felt like a major home ice advantage for them in Brooklyn. Not this year; not ever. The contrast when they play in Uniondale is inescapable - the difference in intensity and focus. I can’t explain it.

Raleigh has taken them completely out of their game. Or the lay-off has. Or both. 1 goal in 2 games and that one a fluke deflection off a defenseman’s stick.

How badly is Mrazek hurt? Didn’t see it (had turned it off at that point).

Haven't heard, but I'm guessing either hamstring or groin.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
People wonder why I wanted to see Washington and Tampa. Isles had one freaking goal against a team that lost a defenseman early in the first and lost their starting goalie half way through, only managing 17 shots against the backup. Gross.
Isles hit 4 pipes though. Canes were super fortunate today.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Am I the only one who wants the Isles over the Canes here? The hockey media counterculture people that dominate the podcast landscape refused to shut up about them for the past few years and I want them to eat crow.

Reactions: tr83

Camille the Eel

San Jose is so loose defensively. Because their games are late and mostly also after other games that have already absorbed the evening, I have only watched them in bits and pieces.

But damn, every time I do watch they seem to give up more grade A scoring looks in 5 minutes than, say, the Isles or Canes gave up in an entire game. Someone said above it didn’t look like playoff hockey.

And no, it doesn’t. Maybe the hitting does, but the sheer volume of mistakes, odd man rushes, wide open back and forth stuff - not only this game but the Vegas series too - I can’t believe the Sharks can really compete for a cup. They are just too loose, undisciplined, unstructured and defensively unfocused to win a cup. Their very style is defensively casual. They are not truly committed to the defensive game. It’s either outscore the opposition or lose. And that’s not the way Stanley Cups are generally won.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Am I the only one who wants the Isles over the Canes here? The hockey media counterculture people that dominate the podcast landscape refused to shut up about them for the past few years and I want them to eat crow.
I think if anything, I might be the only one who wants the Canes over the Isles here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Hurricanes vs Islanders: 1 goal against Mrazek, no chance. 2 goals against Lehner, 1 stoppable.

Avalanche vs Sharks: 3 goals against Grubauer, no chance on any. 3 goals against Jones, no chance on any.

So that's 9 goals against goalies tonight, 1 is stoppable. That's 11% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .918%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->