OOT Scoreboard 2019 Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pavelski was so badly shaken up. It’s a perfect storm but the player’s injury figures in to the ref’s perception of the event. This will be debated forever.

Maybe but it certainly encourages milking injuries if that's going to change the call on the ice the way guys do in soccer. It's one thing to grade a suspension more harshly after an injury, because at least by then you actually have an idea of the severity of the injury but this call seemed like an attempt to payback the Sharks more than punishment for Eakin.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Vegas’ season coming to an abrupt end ...

70D9BE64-6708-468A-B4F6-A798F21F8624.gif

Last edited:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
$4mil + endorsements + quality of life is what it is. There's a reason people making 6 and 7 figures live in boxes in Manhattan, Toronto, SF, and Santa Monica. May not be for you, but it is what it is.

Bob and Luongo are goalies, aka weirdos. Ohio is a wash with Sunrise and if Columbus does the damage they're poised to do I fail to see why they'd see greener pastures in that tragedy of a franchise. I've said it 100 times, that team should have been in Miami from the get.

JQ is inconsequential. He's a coach they threw a nominal figure at. Cool.

Kuch took 8 years well before we saw what he was capable of this year and Hedman took 8 2 years before his Norris campaign. I'd be shocked if at least one of them doesn't regret it but those are the games they play at that age.

And what do Ottawa and the east coast have to do with each other exactly?

There is no discussion with EK. He's getting that money and that's all there is to it.
No I definitely see why people live in those areas over places like Manhattan over the ones without income tax. I'd rather live in those areas than the states without income tax too. The reason I brought up JQ was because he had many suitors but chose Florida. Kucherov and Hedman even if it was before their best years still took less than what they could have gotten (in terms of AAV/not gross). I brought up Ottawa and the East because in the East he'd be able to go home a couple times in the season. Who knows though, players like EK don't hit UFA very often so we'll see.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
The irony of Tavares jumping ship and being eliminated in the first round while the Islanders move on to the next round, something they haven't done in 26 years, is so delicious.
We should thank our lucky stars he did jump ship because if JT stayed with the Isles they would have been a real bitch to deal with in our division.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i didn't watch the game live so i'm re-reading these posts. do you guys hear what your saying? review 5min major penalties? lol come on just stop it.

vegas got lucky with a review on a clear high stick goal so even reviews don't really determine much.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Just saw the penalty. What an absolute joke. No way should that ever be a 5 minute major...

Who was reffing this game??

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yea that's not 5. But the optics of it and seeing what looked like may have happened in real time is what made it a 5. 2 minute cross check. No more

thats a big cross check that resulted in the player falling and getting hurt. its like a player shoving another player NEAR the boards and he goes falling into the boards and gets hurt.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
thats a big cross check that resulted in the player falling and getting hurt. its like a player shoving another player NEAR the boards and he goes falling into the boards and gets hurt.

It is nowhere near as bad as recklessly boarding someone.

Cross checking someone in the face isn't going to potentially make someone a paraplegic.

At most that penalty was a 2 minute minor, or 4 minute double minor if there was blood. Definitely not a 5 where the other team could potentially score 4 freaking goals on the same PP

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Some warm takes

That was not a 5 minute major. That was a guy getting knocked in his ass by a 2 minute cross check and another guy trying to get around Pavs to attack the point. I don't know why Cody Eakin would even think about doing something like that. You have SJ on the ropes, don't give them anything that could reinvigorate them.

It's a freak injury, but when Eric Furlatt is the ref, a bad call is just moments away.

That said, the PK for Vegas just went into hibernation. IMO, that's something that should get an assistant coach fire

If I'm Eakin's teammate, he would be getting the silent treatment until training camp. You have to be saying on the bench, "Don't take a penalty. Don't take a penalty. Don't take a penalty." Then Eakin just straight up tries to put his stick through Pavelski's chest. f*** that guy

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, I can't argue with the anger from Vegas at all. That wasn't a major by any means. Even more infuriating was that there wasn't an arm in the air after it happened. It was a penalty strictly called on the result that happened, and it really isn't fair since it wasn't incredibly malicious but was more awkward and scary than anything else.

I'm happy for San Jose and obviously hope Pavelski is OK, but at most, it should have been 2 minutes.

I don't blame Marchessault for being heated one bit. If that happened to us, we'd be saying the exact same thing. Yeah, don't allow 4 goals on the penalty kill, but if the right call is made then the game doesn't likely change this dramatically.

Hell of a drama, though!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Some warm takes

That was not a 5 minute major. That was a guy getting knocked in his ass by a 2 minute cross check and another guy trying to get around Pavs to attack the point. I don't know why Cody Eakin would even think about doing something like that. You have SJ on the ropes, don't give them anything that could reinvigorate them.

It's a freak injury, but when Eric Furlatt is the ref, a bad call is just moments away.

That said, the PK for Vegas just went into hibernation. IMO, that's something that should get an assistant coach fire

If I'm Eakin's teammate, he would be getting the silent treatment until training camp. You have to be saying on the bench, "Don't take a penalty. Don't take a penalty. Don't take a penalty." Then Eakin just straight up tries to put his stick through Pavelski's chest. **** that guy

There are worse “cross checks” on face offs in every game let alone in front of the crease that don’t get called every single game. It really was just bad luck that he lost his balance so bad and then Stastny tried getting around him.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
That 5 minute major is even more of a disgrace than the one Steve Bernier got against the Kings.

The only reason I disagree is that ours happened in the Stanley Cup Finals in a potential series tying game. That poor call handed a team the Cup.

Camille the Eel

Once Vegas tied it up, their righteousness in bemoaning that call lost a lot of force. Every team has to adjust to bad calls at moments. The fact is they lost 2 straight overtime games where they could have closed out the series. They had an even playing surface in those OTs.

Personally I’m happy to see them gone. Every dog has its day. Theirs was last year. And now no more pre game hokum.

Reactions: devilsblood

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
That penalty was atrocious and there need to be consequences for the officiating crew.

That being said, I like Vegas a lot and was rooting for them, but clear the f***ing puck guys. How on Earth do you allow FOUR goals on the same penalty? My goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->