OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Correction from earlier. I looked at the wraparound goal on Copley again and I can't count that as stoppable. He's out of position due to making a save on a shot that was deflected, that's why he couldn't get over to stop the wraparound. Like I said, I need replays sometimes too, just to make sure.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is probably this one on DeSmith.

In before someone tells me this was a screen though.

This one on Darling also sucked and LOL @ Butch saying he had no chance on this.

And pardon me for calling this a stoppable goal, despite the deflection from a couple feet away. This was the slowest deflection I've seen go in the net in quite some time. It just traveled right through him and his body language (like usual) is poor and that's James Reimer for you. The OT winner was bad too, I won't bother posting any other videos after this though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Softy of the night is probably this one on DeSmith.

In before someone tells me this was a screen though.

This one on Darling also sucked and LOL @ Butch saying he had no chance on this.

And pardon me for calling this a stoppable goal, despite the deflection from a couple feet away. This was the slowest deflection I've seen go in the net in quite some time. It just traveled right through him and his body language (like usual) is poor and that's James Reimer for you. The OT winner was bad too, I won't bother posting any other videos after this though.

It amazes me how many Hawks fans invade FLA
Thousands

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It ain't just Hawks fans lol...they have a lot of Original Six fans down there period

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
San Jose is hard to put a finger on. Perhaps they will hit their stride as the season goes on but they've been underwhelming to this point

Camille the Eel

I can’t believe the Isles are 9 - 1 against the Metro at this point. 2 of the wins against us and 3 versus Raleigh.

Flippula has been an amazing pickup for them. He’s playing like he’s found the fountain of youth. Picking up Tavares’ minutes and bringing a balanced, solid 2 way game. He’s so solid physically, so strong on the puck, intelligent, an amazing skater, makes all the right plays.

Though their 9 - 1 in the division cant last, and even though they are only a bubble team in the scramble even with that crazy stat, the way they are playing makes a strong argument for the importance of coaching (and front office) in a clubs success. Hard to imagine this turn around without Trotz.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I can’t believe the Isles are 9 - 1 against the Metro at this point. 2 of the wins against us and 3 versus Raleigh.

Flippula has been an amazing pickup for them. He’s playing like he’s found the fountain of youth. Picking up Tavares’ minutes and bringing a balanced, solid 2 way game. He’s so solid physically, so strong on the puck, intelligent, an amazing skater, makes all the right plays.

Though their 9 - 1 in the division cant last, and even though they are only a bubble team in the scramble even with that crazy stat, the way they are playing makes a strong argument for the importance of coaching (and front office) in a clubs success. Hard to imagine this turn around without Trotz.

credit to Lou for bringing in vets this off-season

Camille the Eel

Yeah I was dismissive at the time. But even Komarov right now looks like a nice complimentary piece. They’ve got a lot of youth. Not just Barzal but Beauvillier and others. Getting the right vets in the room was therefore a big deal. And Flippula had so much more gas still in the tank than I thought.

Also Leddy is quite a talented puck carrying D man. Someone who can really control the play. The kind of guy I wish we had. His rush to score the go ahead goal against us on Friday wasn’t just a breakdown by us. It was getting broken down by a very gifted player.

They really dominated us, unfortunately, especially in the 1st period. We were very fortunate to steal a point in that game.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm still not a believer in their goaltending. Greiss is not as good as he's played so far this year, and Lehner seems to be hit or miss. Trotz has definitely done a good job with them though, and his structure should keep them from falling off a cliff if they regress.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Devils vs Lightning: 5 goals against Schneider, 3 stoppable. 2 goals against Domingue, both are stoppable.

Flames vs Coyotes: 1 goal against Smith, no chance. 6 goals against Raanta, 2 stoppable.

Ducks vs Predators: 4 goals against Gibson, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable.

Oilers vs Kings: 3 goals against Talbot, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Petersen, no chance on either.

So that's 25 goals scored on goalies tonight, 11 are stoppable. That's 44% of the goals, which is quite high. The combined save percentages tonight were .896% which is pretty bad.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I figured there's no need to post a Cory goal against for softy of the night, as if you watched the game, you already seen all of them.

This one was really bad on Raanta. I thought initially this was put in by the guy at the doorstep, but it wasn't.

This was one of the THREE shorthanded goals the Coyotes allowed just in this game tonight. They allowed 2 shorthanded goals on the same power play the other night....

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Just out of curiosity, do you count puckhandling mishaps that lead to goals as a softy, or does it depend on the shot that results from the mishap?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just out of curiosity, do you count puckhandling mishaps that lead to goals as a softy, or does it depend on the shot that results from the mishap?
I definitely count them as stoppable in these reviews.

The exception would be if they gave the puck away, but their teammate(s) got possession of it between the giveaway and the time the goal was scored. I wouldn't count that as a stoppable goal, but if they give the puck away and their team does not gain possession of it again before the goal is scored, I count that as a stoppable goal.

Off the top of my head, Mike McKenna was dinged by me on a goal where a giveaway by him led to it. It wasn't put in the net for another 10 seconds or so after and the shot going in the way it went in by the shooter was not a stoppable, but his team never got possession of it again the giveaway, so I gave him a slash on it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Devils vs Panthers: 4 goals against Kinkaid, no chance on any. 3 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable.

Bruins vs Maple Leafs: 3 goals against Halak, no chance on any. 2 goals against Andersen, 1 stoppable.

Capitals vs Islanders: 1 goal against Holtby, no chance. 3 goals against Greiss, 2 stoppable. I don't know how his save percentage is so high because he's very high in the softy count. Maybe he wasn't as bad as his save percentage last year and he's now playing worse than it is this year and it's evening things out. That's all I can think. At this point I expect him to start getting lit up on a lot of goals that he has no chance on.

Senators vs Rangers: 3 goals against Anderson, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on either.

Blue Jackets vs Red Wings: 5 goals against Bobrovsky, 3 stoppable. 3 goals against Howard, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Bernier in relief, 1 stoppable. I could give Bobrovsky one other stoppable goal tonight, as he gets caught behind the net, but it does appear that his teammate got possession of the puck before the opponents got it back, which is my rule counting that against the goalie. He does deserve some blame on it and put his teammates in a bad position, but because they got possession of it in between and because it wasn't stoppable the way it went in, I'm giving him a pass on this, but this may have been one of the worst games he ever played. He was getting beaten by clean shots all night long.

32 goals scored on goalies tonight, 10 stoppable. That's 31% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages tonight were .899%, so 31% sounds about right. That's higher than average and save percentages are considerably below average.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
While Bobrovsky was the worst goalie I saw tonight, the softy of the night is not necessarily about showcasing what particular goalie was the worst, as much as it's about showcasing what exactly was the worst goal allowed of the night. There have been nights where the softy of the night from me was on a goalie that allowed a softy on the only single goal they allowed all night. So while Bobrovsky looked the worst, the worst goal I saw tonight was probably Dubois on Bernier, which ended up being the game winner in that one. It also led to a review to see if the puck crossed the line but Bernier's poor play on that goal led to a netmouth scramble. Now in that video, it's too short and they don't a replay to show you just how bad it was, only going in initially which how bad it was can't be appreciated, so the softy of the night tonight is gonna have to go to Thomas Greiss for this pathetic goal from everyone's favorite goon Tom Wilson.

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
About to be time to fire Pete.

Can't score, getting shutout frequently. Power play is a joke, which is on Pete's best friend Steve Spott, who coaches the PP and only got this job because of Pete.

Reactions: Dialamo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ten in a row for the Sabres, really? After they traded their best player this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad