OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's kind of crazy when you consider Gibson has posted a .929 or better 5 times during that losing streak.
So? He's 0-4-3 during that time. Save percentage is stupid. He can't f***in win! He sucks! Winning is the most important goalie stat there is and John Gibson has more losses (including OT) than wins this year! He can't even win as much as top-8 goalie in the NHL Martin Jones! Now THAT's a goalie for you!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Never did softy of the night last night.

It's gotta be this goal on Anders Nilsson by Jakub Silverberg. The video description says it hit a defender's stick, but just looking at how it went in, I don't that threw him off much. He had a good chance at this one.

Reactions: Dialamo

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Gibson is Schneids from 3-4 seasons ago. At least he’s only 25. I was waiting all day for the “CARLYLE OUT IN ANAHEIM” notification Text today but it never happened. If one more HC goes this year before it’s over it’s him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Maple Leafs vs Devils: 2 goals against Hutchinson, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Kinkaid, no chance on any.

Capitals vs Bruins: 2 goals against Holtby, both are stoppable. 3 goals against Halak, 1 stoppable and an early softy of the night candidate.

Islanders vs Rangers: 3 goals against Lehner, no chance on any. 4 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. His season has fallen off a cliff in the last month.

Stars vs Flyers: 2 goals against Khudobin, no chance on either. 1 goal against Hart, it's stoppable.

Predators vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Korpisalo, 1 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Lightning: 2 goals against Mrazek, no chance on either. 1 goal against Vasilevskiy, no chance.

Canadiens vs Blues: 4 goals against Price, no chance on any. 1 goal against Binnington, no chance.

Jets vs Wild: 3 goals against Hellebuyck, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on either.

Panthers vs Oilers: 3 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Talbot, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Canucks: 3 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Golden Knights. 2 goals against Jones, no chance on either. 3 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable.

Senators vs Kings: 1 goal against Nilsson, no chance. 3 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable.

So that's 62 goals scored on goalies tonight, 15 were stoppable. That's a little over 24% of goals tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .913%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Halak for this goal from Backstrom.

I swear Ryan Carter scored an identical goal to this on Halak a few years back, during his brief time with the Capitals.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Goals against review for tonight

Maple Leafs vs Devils: 2 goals against Hutchinson, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Kinkaid, no chance on any.

Capitals vs Bruins: 2 goals against Holtby, both are stoppable. 3 goals against Halak, 1 stoppable and an early softy of the night candidate.

Islanders vs Rangers: 3 goals against Lehner, no chance on any. 4 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. His season has fallen off a cliff in the last month.

Stars vs Flyers: 2 goals against Khudobin, no chance on either. 1 goal against Hart, it's stoppable.

Predators vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Korpisalo, 1 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Lightning: 2 goals against Mrazek, no chance on either. 1 goal against Vasilevskiy, no chance.

Canadiens vs Blues: 4 goals against Price, no chance on any. 1 goal against Binnington, no chance.

Jets vs Wild: 3 goals against Hellebuyck, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on either.

Panthers vs Oilers: 3 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Talbot, 1 stoppable.

Coyotes vs Canucks: 3 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable.

Sharks vs Golden Knights. 2 goals against Jones, no chance on either. 3 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable.

Senators vs Kings: 1 goal against Nilsson, no chance. 3 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable.

So that's 62 goals scored on goalies tonight, 15 were stoppable. That's a little over 24% of goals tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .913%.

Hart goal allowed stoppable?

Nilsson has been excellent the last two games, somehow

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hart goal allowed stoppable?

Nilsson has been excellent the last two games, somehow
Yes. It dribbled his arm or off his glove last night. I forgot exactly where at this point but it was off of him and in. Not a terrible goal as it wasn’t from too far out from what I remember, but falls under my stoppable criteria. I have him down for 6 on 18 allowed. 3 of them came in the same game against Carolina (I think it was Carolina going by his game log) and then one against Calgary last weekend. Forgot when the other one was, as I don’t keep track of what games they happen in and I’m only going off memory.

Nilsson allowed one goal each two nights in a row against the Southern California teams. No chance on last night’s, but the one against Anaheim was the softy of the night. He’s fairly high on the stoppable goal count, but not nearly as high by percentage as Hutchinson, Pickard or our very own Cory Schneider.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lundy likes to stay motionless on the ice after letting in late game goals

Such a drama queen
After noticing an alarmingly high number of “Stoppable goals” on Lundqvist lately and a plummeting save percentage, I remembered how as of late November/early December I had him as one of the lowest stoppable goal percentages among starters in the league and I think he had a .920% save percentage on the season on the season until about a month or 5 weeks ago. Actually, before his game on December 8th, he had a .921% on the season through 21 games. It’s now all the way down to a less than league average .907 after 32 games. So after going through my posts and a private message I sent with another poster interested in seeing my data collected to that point, I decided to go through the time capsule and see just how bad he’s been lately.

As of November 6th, I had him down for 7 goals stoppable on 29 allowed in total. That’s 24% of goals were stoppable and his save percentage on that date was .923%.through 11 games played.

As of November 9th I had him down for 8 goals stoppable, 35 goals allowed in total. That’s 23% of goals stoppable and his save percentage on that date was .921% through 13 games played.

December 13th: I had him down for 15 goals stoppable on 64 allowed in total. That’s just about 23.5% of goals stoppable and a .916% save percentage through 23 games played. The save percentage started dropping a bit by that time, the stoppable percentage really didn’t go up anything significant.

As of last night and his last game played, I have him down for 28 goals stoppable, on 97 goals allowed in total. That’s just about 29% of goals stoppable and he’s now at a .907% save percentage through 32 games played. He’s been brutal the last month and has almost doubled his season stoppable goal output in his last 9 games and has quadrupled it in not even 3 times as many games since the first/second week of November.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't care what anyone says, I like the things the Canes do after a win.

I found it annoying at first, but they're having fun with it. And lord knows the NHL could use some fun. I think though, that much like all the weird shit Vegas did last year, it'll get old after a season or so.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I found it annoying at first, but they're having fun with it. And lord knows the NHL could use some fun. I think though, that much like all the weird **** Vegas did last year, it'll get old after a season or so.

I'm the other way with it...it was fun at first when it was semi-spontaneous, now it's just over-the-top contrived.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's been A LOT of own goals in tonight's game.

Especially in that Buffalo/Carolina game. There was like 3 on Hutton and one on McElhinney. And there's already been one on Matt Murray already.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not one stoppable goal in Buffalo vs Carolina and just one kind of poor one on Bernier in the two earlier games.

Matt Murray has already allowed 2 poor goals, after not allowing any for quite a while. Maybe even since before he was injured.

And then there was the usual poor goal on Rittich and the usual Luongo softy that happens at least once every game nowadays.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now the Panthers defense looks pretty bad too and Huberdeau with a very horrendous turnover, but Luongo is dead square to the shot and gets beaten very cleanly to the 5-hole goal for his second pretty stoppable goal of the game and that's goaltending for you. And the Panthers are another team that doesn't have it. And a 2-0 Panthers lead now turns into a 3-2 Calgary lead.

So much for Luongo's .960% start to the season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ducks were up 3-0 and the Pens scored 3 goals within 10 minutes to it. Then the Ducks took the lead back seconds later with a shorthanded goal.

I think Carlyle might be on fire watch again. I had him on fire watch earlier this year, but it was like Harold Camping waiting for the rapture to happen and incorrectly predicting that one about 500 times.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Ducks were up 3-0 and the Pens scored 3 goals within 10 minutes to it. Then the Ducks took the lead back seconds later with a shorthanded goal.

I think Carlyle might be on fire watch again. I had him on fire watch earlier this year, but it was like Harold Camping waiting for the rapture to happen and incorrectly predicting that one about 500 times.
Theres talk about the Ducks not firing him until another team is willing to hire him, owners dont wanna pay

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Theres talk about the Ducks not firing him until another team is willing to hire him, owners dont wanna pay
Good luck with that.

No team is ever gonna hire him, not to be a head coach. He's in his 60's now and his career as a head coach in the NHL is done and over with. Especially with how his last two jobs went. His latest Ducks tenure and the Leafs job before that. In fact, I think he was done in the NHL for good before Bob Murray decided to bring him back.

And they really f***ed themselves by extending Bob Murray recently. The GM that made this retread hire in the first place. The GM that slammed their window shut by making this stupid hire. They made it to game 6 of the Conference Finals in 2017 with this guy and with John Gibson injured a game or two before that. If they made the WCF with Carlyle, there's no doubt in my mind they're in the cup finals that year with a better coach than that.

How long of a contract did they give Carlyle anyway when they hired him in 2016? I read back then that they only gave him either a one or two year contract, because he was old anyway.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight.

Sabres vs Hurricanes: 4 goals against Hutton, no chance on any. 3 goals against McElhinney: No chance on any. 4 own goals in this game. 3 own goals against Hutton, 1 own goal against McElhinney.

Red Wings vs Jets: 3 goals against Bernier, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Brossoit, no chance on either.

Panthers vs Flames: 3 goals against Luongo, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Rittich, 1 stoppable. I guess the empty net didn't have a chance on the game winner against it?

Penguins vs Ducks: 4 goals against Murray, 2 stoppable. 6 goals against Gibson, 2 stoppable.

So that's 28 goals scored on goalies tonight, 8 were stoppable. That's a little under 29% of goals tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were a really poor .881% for tonight.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Matt Murray for this goal from Getzlaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad