OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Ummm, are you sure about that long term?
In a salary cap era they will have to spend the money they saved when JT left on a couple of players to make up for his production. Lou and Co have to have that "Peter Brand" from Moneyball attitude - "It is a good thing JT is off our payroll because that just opened up a lot of interesting possibilities".

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So we are worse off?

From a talent perspective in the pipeline and on the big club I'd say yes. That said, we have a better GM and more patient fans and staff, so we may be in a better long term position. Philly fans and media won't tolerate losing as long as we will.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
From a talent perspective in the pipeline and on the big club I'd say yes. That said, we have a better GM and more patient fans and staff, so we may be in a better long term position. Philly fans and media won't tolerate losing as long as we will.

They definitely have a better and deeper prospect pipeline, it's not even a question.

More talent/skill right now at the NHL level too, but, on a lot of nights their effort is very lacking.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another great defensive effort from the Sharks without the two turds Vlasic and Braun in the lineup on D.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight.

Predators vs Maple Leafs: 4 goals against Hutchinson, 1 stoppable. Rinne gets the shutout.

Blues vs Flyers: 2 goals against Hart, 1 stoppable. Binnington gets the shutout.

Wild vs Canadiens: 1 goal against Price, no chance. Dubnyk gets the shutout.

Flames vs Blackhawks: 3 goals against Rittich, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Delia, 1 stoppable.

Kings vs Sharks: 2 goals against Campbell, no chance on either. 1 goal against Jones, no chance. I have sometimes nailed a goalie on a goal like Hertl scored on Campbell tonight for leaving the short side too open, but decided against it on this one. A backhander and from very close range and not at the worst angle. I couldn’t nail him on that one.

So that’s 16 goals scored on goalies tonight, 5 are stoppable. That’s 31% of the goals scored tonight we’re stoppable. Combined save percentages were .949%.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m too lazy to post the softy of the night, but I’ll do it in the morning. I can’t do it on my phone and I’m about ready for bed and my computer is off. It’s definitely the dead angle goal Patrick Kane scored on Rittich though. And it could even possibly be the dead angle goal Saad scored late in the game on Rittich. Both were awful dead angle goals that somehow snuck between the goalie and the post. They looked like killer Mike Smith softies that he’s been allowing every game he’s been in there.

Reactions: Dialamo

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Just now reviewing that game and holy ****in amateur hour goaltending by Hogberg and Mrazek.

I think I've already found softy of the night in there, but can't decide which one of the two. Might be a dead heat.
I was there and I ain't lion!!!
20190106_134754.jpg

OK, that was bad. After that 3rd goal on Hogbad the Ottawa coach was like f*** this and yanked him. Mrazec was just as bad, particularly the tying goal. The power play at the end of the game for Ottawa may have been the most comically awful thing I've ever seen. They spent the entire thing skating to the red line and doing drop passes, then that guy would skate to the red line and do a drop pass, rinse and repeat. And also incredibly stupid was when Ryan got hurt blocking a shot and couldn't do anything the goalie smothered the puck but instead of taking the stoppage and allowing his injured teammate to get off the ice he got rid of the puck to keep play going. It was such a low hockey IQ play and showed complete lack of awareness.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 173221

OK, that was bad. After that 3rd goal on Hogbad the Ottawa coach was like **** this and yanked him. Mrazec was just as bad, particularly the tying goal. The power play at the end of the game for Ottawa may have been the most comically awful thing I've ever seen. They spent the entire thing skating to the red line and doing drop passes, then that guy would skate to the red line and do a drop pass, rinse and repeat. And also incredibly stupid was when Ryan got hurt blocking a shot and couldn't do anything the goalie smothered the puck but instead of taking the stoppage and allowing his injured teammate to get off the ice he got rid of the puck to keep play going. It was such a low hockey IQ play and showed complete lack of awareness.
I forgot exactly which goals now, but I think the third and fourth goal on Mrazek were both bad. The fourth was awful. All three goals on Hogberg were very poor, especially the last one. That’s why he was pulled in the 2nd period. You usually don’t see a goalie pulled after 3 goals when you’re already a few minutes into the 2nd period, unless you were either really bad up to that point or that third goal is a real poor one. Much like the third goal on Kinkaid against Columbus before Christmas, that made it 3-0 in the 2nd.

By the way, you really get around! How many road games do you see a year?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night from last night. This Patrick Kane goal on David Rittich. The Saad goal on Rittich was even worse, but the entire video was only 17 seconds long.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
View attachment 173221

OK, that was bad. After that 3rd goal on Hogbad the Ottawa coach was like **** this and yanked him. Mrazec was just as bad, particularly the tying goal. The power play at the end of the game for Ottawa may have been the most comically awful thing I've ever seen. They spent the entire thing skating to the red line and doing drop passes, then that guy would skate to the red line and do a drop pass, rinse and repeat. And also incredibly stupid was when Ryan got hurt blocking a shot and couldn't do anything the goalie smothered the puck but instead of taking the stoppage and allowing his injured teammate to get off the ice he got rid of the puck to keep play going. It was such a low hockey IQ play and showed complete lack of awareness.

sweet pucky hat :thumbu:

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Devils vs Sabres: 5 goals against Kinkaid, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Hutton, no chance. I think I was quite generous in not also nailing Kinkaid on the fifth Sabres goal.

Wild vs Bruins: 4 goals against Stalock, no chance on any. Rask gets the shutout.

Hurricanes vs Islanders: 3 goals against McElhinney, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Greiss, no chance on any.

Panthers vs Penguins: 4 goals against Luongo, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Reimer in relief, no chance. 1 goal against Murray, no chance.

Flyers vs Capitals: 4 goals against McKenna, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Copley, no chance on any.

Canadiens vs Red Wings: 2 goals against Niemi, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Howard, 2 stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Lightning: 4 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. Vasilevskiy gets the shutout.

Stars vs Blues: 1 goal against Bishop, no chance. Kind of borderline though. 3 goals against Allen, 2 stoppable. Probably have the softy of the night in here.

Avalanche vs Jets: 6 goals against Grubauer, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any.

Rangers vs Golden Knights: 3 goals against Georgiev, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Fleury, no chance on either.

Oilers vs Sharks: 4 goals against Talbot, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Koskinen, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Dell, no chance on either.

So that's 67 goals scored on goalies tonight, 19 were stoppable. That's a little over 28% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .893%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is Jake Allen for this goal from Seguin. He's probably made softy of the night more than anybody but Mike Smith this year. Maybe even more than him, since he plays a lot more.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Avalanche look like they're imploding.

Maybe what's happening to them is what happened to us at this time last year. They may have overachieved early and this is putting them back where they should be.

I certainly don't feel like they're a playoff lock right now.

I'd give them a 50/50 at this point.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Cracking me up for some reason there's a player named Delia ("deal ya")

Watching the preds game and he's in net for the hawks

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cracking me up for some reason there's a player named Delia ("deal ya")

Watching the preds game and he's in net for the hawks
He's been pretty good, but he let in a not so good goal in this game. He's the kind of goalie the DD would be pumping up right now if he played on a team in our conference or division.

David Rittich is almost like Koskinen on the Alberta team. Both goalies have been much worse than their save percentages, but Rittich hasn't been quite Mike Smith bad.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gonna be really hard to beat Anders Nilsson out for softy of the night. Holy f***, that goal from Silfverberg on Nilsson was so bad. It was from way too far out.

Shero better never sign this guy. He shouldn't be in the NHL after this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another bad softy on Rittich. This guy will not maintain a .920% beyond this year (if he even does this year) if he keeps allowing all those nasty goals.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Predators vs Blackhawks: 3 goals against Rinne, no chance on any. 4 goals against Delia, 2 stoppable.

Avalanche vs Flames: 4 goals against Varlamov, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Rittich, 2 stoppable.

Senators vs Ducks: 1 goal against Nilsson and it’s stoppable. 2 goals against Gibson, no chance on either.

So that’s 17 goals scored on goalies tonight, 7 are stoppable. That’s 41% of goals scored tonight are stoppable. Combined save percentages were .906%.

Reactions: DerekDevils30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->