OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Georgiev is a real steal for the Rags. Best young goalie in the division, with Christopher Gibson of the NYb being a close second

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Skinner current has a shooting percentage of 22.1%, which is 4% higher than Palmieri's current is. Skinner was a career 10.7% shooter before this year.

I'd love to have him, I'm just saying that he's scoring a little over his head right now.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They almost got upset by us though, so how good can they really be?:sarcasm:

That would have been a bad loss for them.

They are 2-0 vs us this season.

Just a solid team, well coached, guys that can shoot the puck and of course Barzal

And, they lost JT

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Laine is Mario 2.0 with that shot. Makes it so easy. Jets will have cap problems.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Scott Darling gave up two goals on his first two shots
He's once again been terrible this year. Haven't seen tonight's highlights yet, but he's playing just as bad on the eye test as he was last year.

Needs to try to lose another 20-30 pounds or something, because this just isn't working. He's so slow and looks out of shape still.

One game he allowed 3 goals and 2 were bad and there's already been a game where he allowed 3 goals and all 3 were bad.

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Your just comparing shots right?
I'd say he's closer to Ovechkin, only because he has a better shot than Ovechkin, but he isn't anywhere near as good at having the puck enough to score as many goals as Ovechkin does.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
E1EA1A66-CBA3-42F3-B505-1D007380EE54.jpeg
5 goal night for Laine

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Scott Darling gave up two goals on his first two shots
Big surprise.

So I finally watched the highlights. Darling had absolutely no chance at all on the first two goals. I figured with how many poor goals he's allowed this year, he's due to allow some goals that he has no chance on.

But then I saw goals 3 and 4 and BOTH are stoppable pucks. The fourth goal hits almost all of these big padded monsters just due to their massive girth. Darling's career might very well be over, but the team in Raleigh has him signed another 4 years.

He's allowed 22 goals this year and I now have him down for 11 stoppable ones. His save percentage, which completely flatters him is a .892%. Being that 50% of the goals he allows should be stopped, I'm surprised it isn't .850%. Last year I found damn near half the goals he allowed to be stoppable and it's happening again this year.

Goals 3 and 4 are both very stoppable. Goal 3 leaked through him and goal 4 should be hitting him, despite Butch Goring saying ''He had no chance''. Yeah, I guess if you played in the 70's and 80's when every goalie looked like a scarecrow.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haven't been home and missed the Sharks game, other than the highlights, but Kane and Goodrow got ejected, as did Pete.:laugh:

I'll be doing my review later, as I'm out with some friends. Took a midnight boat ride and probably won't be back home until 3:30 or so, but fortunately I did already watch a few games of highlights and have taken down some notes and put them in my phone, so I don't have to review everything later.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight, a very late edition.

Capitals vs Rangers: 3 goals against Copley, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Georgiev, no chance on any.

Jets vs Blues: 4 goals against Brossoit, 2 stoppable. 6 goals against Johnson, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Allen in relief, 1 stoppable.

Flyers vs Maple Leafs: 4 goals against Pickard, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Stolarz in relief, no chance on either. Sparks gets the shutout.

Bruins vs Canadiens: 2 goals against Rask, 1 stoppable. the other guy was very borderline, but the one timer made me decide not to slash him for that one. 3 goals against Price, 1 stoppable.

Sabres vs Red Wings: 2 goals against Ullmark, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Howard, no chance on either.

Blackhawks vs Panthers: 4 goals against Ward, surprisingly no chance on any of them. 5 goals against Reimer, 2 stoppable. And it was the game tying goal with seconds left and the OT winner that were stoppable. The tying goal took a weird deflection, but it was the slowest deflection I've seen in a while and he was square to it. That might excuse it from being softy of the night, but it's still a softy.

Hurricanes vs Islanders: 4 goals against Darling, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Greiss, no chance.

Blue Jackets vs Penguins: 4 goals against Korpisalo, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against DeSmith, both are stoppable.

Stars vs Avalanche: 3 goals against Khudobin, no chance on any. 2 goals against Varlamov, no chance on either.

Sharks vs Golden Knights: 6 goals against Dell, 2 stoppable. Fleury gets a shutout for the second night in a row.

Canucks vs Kings: 2 goals against Markstrom, no chance on either. 3 goals against Petersen, 1 stoppable.

So that's 71 goals scored on goalies tonight, 20 are stoppable, that's 28% of goals tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages tonight were a pretty poor .901%. Stoppable goal count isn't too high for how low the save percentages were tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->