Series Discussion: OOT Playoff series Thread (West: Ducks/Preds, East: Pens/Sens)

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
It hasn't been competitive and is boring with all the blowouts.

On air for TNT he said something like "Thank god for the Stanley cup playoffs, that's what I watch in the back instead of these [NBA] blowouts"
Things like this are great publicity for the NHL. I wonder when Americans will start listening to other athletes? Chad Johnson (Football) praised the physicality of the NHL a few years back and said it was harder hitting than the NFL. Now Barkley is praising it. WWE talents Rusev & Lana are heavily involved in the Predators home games and at the very least Rusev is completely in love with the Preds (like I am with his wife Lana :naughty:). Hulk Hogan (Lightning) and Ric Flair (Hurricanes) have been heavily involved with NHL clubs before.

I actually a cross-promotional partnership between the NHL and WWE would be good for both companies. WWE gets extra promotion for their TV Network and their PPV events, NHL gets promotion on air from a large worldwide audience. Have NHL players show up in groups at games (you see NBA, MLB and NFL players fairly often already), you could have someone wear the jersey of the city they are in, or have a wrestler wear their hometown teams jersey (like Brett Hart used to with the Hitmen). I know wrestling is kind of dorky, but they still have a large audience and it could help WWE's rating a little too as they have been slipping.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Preds were great tonight. Now do it again.

giphy.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Every SCF game so far has been decided by 2+ goals itself.

They've all been hanging in the balance in the third period, which is what is most important. Especially considering the propensity NHL teams have shown for blowing leads in these playoffs. It's been exciting hockey.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This series should've already been over, really. The Pens have been dreadful

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This series should've already been over, really. The Pens have been dreadful

The Pens are currently hamstrung by their back end without Letang, but I think more credit needs to be given to Nashville. That team is a powerhouse reminiscent of the 2010 Kings. It really shows how solidly they are built from the back forward that they can be this effective without their top line centre.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
They've all been hanging in the balance in the third period, which is what is most important. Especially considering the propensity NHL teams have shown for blowing leads in these playoffs. It's been exciting hockey.

Weren't both teams in the NBA finals unbeaten in the playoffs heading into the finals? That alone makes anything he said irrelevant. The Stanley Cup playoffs are far more competitive, hands down. Him cherry picking 4 games doesn't change that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->