Ooohhhh Cassie....

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Saying actually in a sentence as if to imply truth is not overly convincing. People in a habit of using it are ACTUALLY selling whopper fish stories all day.

irony intended..

She's just trolling now.

She likely realizes that some of the gals recently hired by SN are better analysts than she is, and they've only been on the job for a few weeks, and she is fighting to stay relevant and in the picture on her own network. What better way than to insult the best player in the world, that coincidentally happens to be on the team that just humiliated your husband's team, and wait for the reaction.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Don't take the bait. She just slootting out hot takes as a smoke screen because her team isn't doing too hot (although they beat leafs today). They got man handled by McDavid alone.

I think it's absolutely bullshit that she is employed to do national broadcast games in which, her husband's the AGM of one. Those Toronto media must really be still be pissed EDM got MCDavid still to curse us with her for some BOA's.

Where's Edmonton's cheerleader like all those T.O fanboys and for some reason Hrudy and Campbell made it for flames.

Do you think she would be making any statements like that of MCDavid was a Flame.

Fack no.

Its specious reaction, and timing, of seeing the 7-1 spanking of her beloved Flames, and still angry about that, and seeing the single best performance by any player yet this season, she just has to throw up whatever vomit she has proclaiming the chosen one is not McDavid. I mean Mr. Hockey CANNOT play for Edmonton to a Calgary fan.

Back in the day Wayne was never the best player in the league either in specious flamer opinion. It was always somebody else.

Its pure jealousy and refusal to admit Edmonton has greatest players.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I'm seeing it differently but if taken word for word sure she is saying that I suppose. However what I see is Matthews might be accomplished in more areas of the game physical face off scoring etc. However in the areas that McDavid is ahead play making and making others around him better he's miles ahead. Regardless McDavid to me is the best and Matthews is a tier below.
To everyone, McDavid is better. Literally everyone. And he’s more than one tier better, too.
Cassie is just a Flames homer who is trolling. She sees the hate she gets on Twitter from fans and this is her response. A f***in troll job.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Its specious reaction, and timing, of seeing the 7-1 spanking of her beloved Flames, and still angry about that, and seeing the single best performance by any player yet this season, she just has to throw up whatever vomit she has proclaiming the chosen one is not McDavid. I mean Mr. Hockey CANNOT play for Edmonton to a Calgary fan.

Back in the day Wayne was never the best player in the league either in specious flamer opinion. It was always somebody else.

Its pure jealousy and refusal to admit Edmonton has greatest players.
You starting to get now why most of this board can’t stand her yet, lol? You seemed to be at a loss for why last week.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lol McDavid hasn’t even gone on a crazy hot streak by his standards.

He’s just kind of clipping along, several games he easily could have more points.

He’s the kind of guy that could just go off for an obscene amount in several consecutive games at any moment. Like a sustained stretch of games averaging 3+ PPG when he’s on a heater.

He’s a transcendent hockey talent, he’s playing the best hockey of his career and better yet again this year. Stronger defensively and better in the faceoff circle so far this year (he’s hovered around 50 percent for much of the year, was above 50 percent earlier in the season and it’s an area he reportedly worked a lot on this offseason).

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
She is just so bad at this job. If they have to have a woman, put in some effort and find someone actually good. She us just another Hrudey up there with lame takes.

Reactions: oilers'72

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
And honestly, what does this make Marner? The guy elevating matthews while playing more ice time and even being on the first PK unit? He must be beyond generational as a complete player.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Campbell's position is simly ridiculous. BUt I was struck by the following:

4. Points-per-game is an excellent way to rate the relative offensive contributions of NHL players. But there’s no fair and accurate way to use stats to rate the defensive contributions of NHLers, at least using the stats available to the public right now. We might all wish there was, but there simply isn’t.
5. You’ll get some vague sense from using on-ice numbers for goals against, scoring chances against and shots against about the defensive play of an individual players, but those numbers don’t focus in on individual contributions like points do. You have to make a pass or a shot to get a point on a scoring play. But on a shot, scoring chance or goal against, you could be doing your job, covering your man, doing everything right, and you’ll still get a minus one if you’re out on the ice. Not only that, this happens all the time. False negatives are about as common as earned negatives. False negatives are constant in a game where a player makes no mistake on a shot, scoring chance or goal against yet is tagged with that -1. Feel free to put a lot of weight in that kind of analysis, but it’s going to often mislead you.

It is somewhat shocking to see this stated so explicitly from a guy like Staples who has a lot of interaction with people who would argue the opposite. Good on him.

Honestly, I don't mind hearing this sort of thing. It fires up McDavid. Similar stuff use to get said about Gretzky as well and the results were often not pretty for the people saying it. He'd go on some insane tear and just end the discussion completely. McDavid has that in him as well. On the surface he is a humble guy but you know he wants to be the best and to let what he does on the ice make the point for him.

I even think this might fire up Leon.

Last edited:

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Don't take the bait. She just slootting out hot takes as a smoke screen because her team isn't doing too hot (although they beat leafs today). They got man handled by McDavid alone.

I think it's absolutely bullshit that she is employed to do national broadcast games in which, her husband's the AGM of one. Those Toronto media must really be still be pissed EDM got MCDavid still to curse us with her for some BOA's.

Where's Edmonton's cheerleader like all those T.O fanboys and for some reason Hrudy and Campbell made it for flames.

Do you think she would be making any statements like that of MCDavid was a Flame.

Fack no.

McDavid is his own cheerleader. Nearly every time he's on the ice if you're in the building, or his countless spectacular highlights if you're watching a screen.

In the rink, the only comparable for my eyes is Bure. Even opposing fans would nearly cheer, sit on the edge of their seat, and completely respect the players skills. I have seen this myself watching EDM v.s LAK at Staples. Many Kings fans around me were buzzing about McDavid. We have also seen video evidence of opposing fans cheering a McDavid goal.

Also, outside of Canada and inner hockey circles Matthews is unknown. McDavid is becoming known.
Here in Europe, specifically Germany it is: Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, McDavid... I dunno where AM is on the list but it's way behind.

AM "uncanny release" and "leading the league in goals in the first half" or w/e is not nearly enough to compare to even 1 McDavid highlight.

The sad thing is they are both great players, with different styles, who know each other, and don't deserve these trash comparisons.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Toronto fans: "Matthews is the best player in the league"

Oiler fans: "Matthews would be the third best player on our team"

Something doesn't add up...

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

Clearly she's still pissed from McDavid destroying the Flames on Saturday; the team that her husband is employed by. This keeps showing how biased and stupid she really is.

cassie.gif

Last edited:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
It is somewhat shocking to see this stated so explicitly from a guy like Staples who has a lot of interaction with people who would argue the opposite. Good on him.
Staples isn’t nearly as dumb as some people suggest. His ‘errors’ work is a bit suspect, but even on his dumbest day he has more interesting stuff to say than CC.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
She is just so bad at this job. If they have to have a woman, put in some effort and find someone actually good. She us just another Hrudey up there with lame takes.

Speaking of Hrudey, I was watching a bit of the first period of Flames/Leafs last night and the homer says that even though Flames lost 7-1 on Saturday, they played well. LOL seriously man it's just getting ridiculous now!

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Matthews isn’t even the best player on the Leafs, Marner is and has been since their rookie seasons.

Yeah, exactly. Matthews is the 2nd best player on his team, and would be the 3rd best player on the Oilers. I like him a lot, he likely has the best release in the world right now, and will surely score 50+ goals a few times in his career. He'll end up in the hall of fame, no question about it. But he isn't the best player in the league right now. He might win a ross or hart or lindsay in the future, that wouldn't surprise me. But again, he isn't the best player in the world right now - maybe 5-8th, somewhere in there? McDavid, Drai, Marner, MacKinnon, and Kucherov are all clearly ahead IMO, and guys like Pasta, Scheifele, and Huberdeau are all in that same tier s Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad