Movies: Onward

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm glad Pixar is getting back to originals. They're at their best when they're working with concepts that you wouldn't expect to be great inspiration for a kids movie.

Not sure if thry can recreate the magic of their peak, but going back to originals is a good start.

Reactions: NyQuil

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
We should get s look at D23 at the latest (and hoping to get at least a title and a description for one or two upcoming more Pixar films)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No idea what that plot is, but they typically knock it clean out of the park. Coco was excellent. Story, visuals, musically, just crushed it in all categories.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Inside Out and Coco proved they're still able to bring it. That teaser trailer didn't inspire much confidence though. It was essentially 90 seconds of sight gags. Hopefully there's humor in the movie that comes from a place other than "what if mystical creatures existed in the modern world??!"

Then again, just a teaser trailer.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Inside Out and Coco proved they're still able to bring it. That teaser trailer didn't inspire much confidence though. It was essentially 90 seconds of sight gags. Hopefully there's humor in the movie that comes from a place other than "what if mystical creatures existed in the modern world??!"

Then again, just a teaser trailer.

It did give a bit of a Flintstones vibe.

I'll wait to see a trailer before judging fully, but I'm hoping it can move beyond the quick jokes and build a strong character based story.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Reminds me of Zootopia where you juxtapose today's society with some alternative environment.

Right. And while that was an enjoyable enough experience the first go-around, I have zero burning desire for a rewatch. I hold original Pixar IPs to higher standards (i.e. ideally want to see them multiple times).

But again, it's early.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Took the kids on the weekend (6 & 3).

Overall I enjoyed it. First half was a little bit of a drag for me but the second half was much better.

It's definitely got some sad moments as well. Especially if you can relate to the situations.

My kids liked it. 6 year old was literally on the edge of his seat during some of the action scenes.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Took the kids on the weekend (6 & 3).

Overall I enjoyed it. First half was a little bit of a drag for me but the second half was much better.

It's definitely got some sad moments as well. Especially if you can relate to the situations.

My kids liked it. 6 year old was literally on the edge of his seat during some of the action scenes.

We're scheduled to see it for my son's birthday party (turning 7). It looks like fun, but surprised it's not doing well at the box office, and makes me worry that Pixar will be pushed for more sequels than original stuff.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. This may not be what they were going for, but I'd argue this is a really good dungeons & dragons quest movie.

and the connection between the brothers is pretty solid, hits the feels if you have siblings IMO

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Definitely better than I expected and something I enjoyed watching. It wasn't on the level of something like Inside Out or Coco, but I still enjoyed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad