Lines at Practice:

Wilson-Sid-Horny
Kunitz-Geno-Rust
H-B-K
Kuhn-Cullen-Fehr

Dumoulin-Daley
Cole-Schultz
Maatta-Wars

My guess is, once Sid/MM and/or Sheary get back, Sestito goes to WB and they carry 3 G's.

ETA: Sid also working on PP1: Sid, Geno, Phil, Horny, Schultz.
Second unit: Daley, Warsofsky, Wilson, Kunitz and Bonino.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Lines at Practice:

Wilson-Sid-Horny
Kunitz-Geno-Rust
H-B-K
Kuhn-Cullen-Fehr

Dumoulin-Daley
Cole-Schultz
Maatta-Wars

My guess is, once Sid/MM and/or Sheary get back, Sestito goes to WB and they carry 3 G's.

giphy.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Okay, now I'm concerned Sid being good to play tomorrow. I mean, how can you think he's right if he and Geno aren't running into each other on the right wall? :laugh:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Lines at Practice:

Wilson-Sid-Horny
Kunitz-Geno-Rust
H-B-K
Kuhn-Cullen-Fehr

Dumoulin-Daley
Cole-Schultz
Maatta-Wars

Fantastic forward lines, finally. Well, time to see if Cole/Schultz can handle 2nd pairing matchups and minutes. I'm cautiously optimistic?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Fantastic forward lines, finally. Well, time to see if Cole/Schultz can handle 2nd pairing matchups and minutes. I'm cautiously optimistic?

The entire defense needs to step up, and I'm not sure we'll have an accurate gauge of things until we see the unit on the road, where Sully can't protect them as much.

Hopefully, Letang will be back before then.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Sid being back should help a lot but this team still won't kick into high gear till 2nd half of the season. They're a veteran team that understand that there is no point in giving it their all in the regular season....

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
The entire defense needs to step up, and I'm not sure we'll have an accurate gauge of things until we see the unit on the road, where Sully can't protect them as much.

Hopefully, Letang will be back before then.

From the pairings and considering that Wars was brought up instead of a RHD Oleksy, it seems like they'll just O zone start Olli and Wars all night. Which, aside from Maatta getting beat back a few times by faster forwards, isn't very interesting.

But this does mean Cole and Schultz are going to get some important D zone matchups, and against a bigger team like Florida, I'm interested to see how they do. I suppose that's how they had to do it, considering a Maatta/Oleksy pairing would be quicksand slow.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Crosby working on the top PP again. Usually, that's a sign of impending return. If it was anyone other than Sid, I'd bet that HCMS would say he's a 'game-time decision'. It is Sid, though, so we may just get an actual answer as to if he'll play tonight.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i don't think they're trying to like, fake out the florida panthers in the 7th game of the year, but i wouldn't be surprised if they killed it at the last second for caution's sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->