F Kevin Baker - Owen Sound OHL
F Steve Downie - Windsor OHL
F Jason Bailey - Nepean Jr.A
F Ryan O'Marra - Erie OHL

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
Ryan Wilson has really started to play well in St. Mike's on the blue line. A solid defense first blue liner, Wilson is a pretty good passer. Really blossoming as a tough open ice body checker.

Ryan O'Marra is another solid young player. A good skater who has the makings of a good power forward.

Bobby Hughes should turn some heads as well; he's been taking a regular shift in kingston and making some nice contributions.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I read an article in THN about Staal's three brothers. I know Marc went high in the OHL Draft, but how is he playing? Also, does anyone know if the talent level of the four brothers is supposed to max out at Eric? Any insights are much appreciated.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Minnesota Norse Star said:
I read an article in THN about Staal's three brothers. I know Marc went high in the OHL Draft, but how is he playing? Also, does anyone know if the talent level of the four brothers is supposed to max out at Eric? Any insights are much appreciated.
I saw Marc play early in the year and he along with Kyle Lamb played very well and were the only bright spots on a very bad Sudbury team.
Marc played with a bit of an edge that game, but hasn't racked up many penalty minutes overall this season......Should be interesting to see how both Marc and Kyle play in this tourny, because it's tough to show your skills on a team like Sudbury.

keon14

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
bailey

word has it that bailey had every intention of playing with ottawa and during their camp he hit a few guys from behind and then did it to locke, not a wise decision to do that to the team superstar, so a couple guys includeing foy had a few words with him and he never came to another tryout. Dont know how true that is but one of the players said this

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
bryan little is going to be a real go-to man for this team... the smallish speedster has the leg strength to fight through traffic and has the vision to create opportunities for his line mates... should be a first line player.. he has close to a point a game in barrie and hasn't turned 16 yet......

fan75

Mar 22, 2002
Montreal
Doug Evinou said:
Bobby Hughes should turn some heads as well; he's been taking a regular shift in kingston and making some nice contributions.
Indeed, and for a large part of the season he's been the centre on a line with Stewart!

Capt Tuttle

Jan 31, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
keon14 said:
word has it that bailey had every intention of playing with ottawa and during their camp he hit a few guys from behind and then did it to locke, not a wise decision to do that to the team superstar, so a couple guys includeing foy had a few words with him and he never came to another tryout. Dont know how true that is but one of the players said this

What a crock of sh!t! Not even close. His parents were pushing for him to go the scholarship route. Bailey, being from Ottawa (Nepean), wanted to play major junior for his hometown. Once he made the team, for whatever reason, he decided it wasn't what he wanted. Playing Tier II for Nepean left him with options.

The initial rumour was he smoked Corey Locke (and not from behind), then it was Lock's younger brother, then it was he fought Cory Locke in the parking lot ???? and it's digressed to he hit a few guys from behind at their camp.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
ontario u-17

fan75 said:
http://www.hdco.on.ca/2004TeamOntario.htm

G Kyle Gajewski - Chatham Jr. B
G Jhase Sniderman - Erie OHL

D Elgin Reid - Ottawa OHL
D Kyle Lamb - Sudbury OHL
D Wes Cunningham - Owen Sound OHL
D Ryan Wilson - St.Mike's OHL
D Marc Staal - Sudbury OHL
D Ryan Parent - Guelph OHL
D Patrick McNeill - Saginaw OHL

F Chris Lawrence - Soo OHL
F Richard Clune - Sarnia OHL
F Bobby Hughes - Kingston OHL
F Cal Clutterbuck - St.Mike's OHL
F Gary Friesen - Oshawa OHL
F Tony Rizzi - Kingston OHL
F Cody Bass - Mississauga OHL
F Andrew Cogliano - St.Mike's Jr.A
F Bryan Little - Barrie OHL
F Kevin Baker - Owen Sound OHL
F Steve Downie - Windsor OHL
F Jason Bailey - Nepean Jr.A
F Ryan O'Marra - Erie OHL

This isn't a very good team. Other than Cogliano there isn't a lot up front. McNeill and Stall will carry the load on the blueline and goaltending is a huge question mark. Gajewski isn't bad, Sniderman doesn't belong on the team becuase he isn't very good. Overall, I think Ontario will be hard pressed to win a medal. Team Pacific, with Brule, Bradford, Bertram and Setoguchi up front is by far the best of the Canadian teams in my opinion.

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
cdnhky1 said:
This isn't a very good team. Other than Cogliano there isn't a lot up front. McNeill and Stall will carry the load on the blueline and goaltending is a huge question mark. Gajewski isn't bad, Sniderman doesn't belong on the team becuase he isn't very good. Overall, I think Ontario will be hard pressed to win a medal. Team Pacific, with Brule, Bradford, Bertram and Setoguchi up front is by far the best of the Canadian teams in my opinion.

hughes and little have both been scoring in the ohl this year... and clutterbuck has been working hard for the majors despite not putting up great offensive numbers..... he got his first goal of the year yesterday against sudbury.... the team's strength is on the blue line imo (lamb and wilson have been strong as well), but the forward group has a few players other then cogliano who should be able to contribute

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
cdnhky1 said:

though Brule, Bradford, Bertram and Setoguchi are great forwards, Cogliano, Little, O'Marra, Hughes, Lawrence and Rizzi have the ability to put up some nice numbers as well.

I think Quebec will have a good team there this year with Latendresse, Charette, Cote, Cliche and Charland all of whome are great forwards and with Paquet, Carle, Bolduc on defense and Levasseur being the best 87 born goalie in Quebec I would think this team has a chance to do well as well. Even the Atlantic Province should have a great team this year with Daniel Ryder, Luc Bourdon, Jordan Clenndenning, David Chubb, Kenzie Sheppard, Justin Saulnier, but I think besides the USA Atlantic might have the best goaltending with Ryan Mior in nets though Carey Price, Frazee and Levasseur will be in nets for other teams I think Mior might be the best goaltender for his age in North America.

I am betting on the USA to take the entire thing again this year though, with Kessel, Lawrence, Skille, Mueller, Johnson, Morin, Gerbe, Stuart, Frazee, Fraser, Stoa, Mitera, Cahill, MacVoy and many others the USA has too much depth with superstar players for their age who have been playing together all year, I give them the advantage.

Sticky*

To answer an earlier question, no, the Staal's talent level is not supposed to max out with Eric.

You cannot really compare Eric and Marc because MArc is a d-man, but Jordan Staal is supposed to be the best of the bunch (yes, better than Eric), at least that is what people are saying based on his potential (think Lindros). Look for Jordan to go 1st overall in this year's OHL draft.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sticky said:
To answer an earlier question, no, the Staal's talent level is not supposed to max out with Eric.

You cannot really compare Eric and Marc because MArc is a d-man, but Jordan Staal is supposed to be the best of the bunch (yes, better than Eric), at least that is what people are saying based on his potential (think Lindros). Look for Jordan to go 1st overall in this year's OHL draft.

I don't know if he will go first overall I think that will come down to Ryan McDonough, Jordan Staal and Matt Corrente, Ryan has been the best player in Ontario for some time nowfor his age and has dominated almost every tournament he has played in, Corrente is playing for the Vipers Jr A and is compared to Adam Foote, and Jordan Staal is suppose to be the best of all his brothers, so this years OHL draft looks to be a good one with some great talent. Personaly I think Ryan McDonough will go 1st overall then Jordan Staal then Corrente.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
moosefan said:
I don't know if he will go first overall I think that will come down to Ryan McDonough, Jordan Staal and Matt Corrente, Ryan has been the best player in Ontario for some time nowfor his age and has dominated almost every tournament he has played in, Corrente is playing for the Vipers Jr A and is compared to Adam Foote, and Jordan Staal is suppose to be the best of all his brothers, so this years OHL draft looks to be a good one with some great talent. Personaly I think Ryan McDonough will go 1st overall then Jordan Staal then Corrente.

Just out of curiosity, in which games or tournament(s) SPECIFICALLY have you seen McDonough play this season?

Steelerman

Dec 19, 2002
Manitoba
Visit site
moosefan said:

Wow, I saw Jordan Staal play twice a couple of weeks ago in Winnipeg, and I can't believe anyone in Canada could be better than he was. He was playing C, RW, LD and RD (on PP) and logging loads of minutes. He'd kill 2 min. penalties and play 2 min. powerplays. He played four games in three days that weekend was still going strong in the last game. It was unbelievable. And he's a 14 year old playing against 15-16 year olds. And he's the captain to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad