Ontario Reign 20-21 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Looks like the arena in Ontario is a 45 min drive from my place. I tried to see if ticket prices were online, but didn’t see any prices. Anyone know the cost of seats there, ideally down low and near center ice?

I don't remember for sure, but they were likely in the $30-40 range, higher right on the glass. I'd imagine prices will rise this year with no income from attendance last season. My season seats were in 115, in the top row, right on the blue line where the Reign shoot twice. IMO you can see the game better up higher up in the bottom section of the arena, but your still really close to the action. Kings management box was just above that to the right in the next section. You'd often see Stoll, O'Donnell, Blake, Emerson, O'Connell and others sitting in that box with the Reign GM Rich Seeley. I could be in my seats in less than 12 minutes if I hit a few traffic lights on green. FYI, parking is $10 (at least it was) if you had single game tickets.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah someone told me to expect a 10-20 dollar ticket bump depending on section this year and it wouldn't be surprising

still highly recommend a reign game for anyone who hasn't been, nice arena with easy access. Agree with @regulate that the 'best seats' are probably mid-to-high along the center. Lower seats are a good experience for a once or twice "I had glass seats" thing. Plus there's a lot to do in the area after a game, too.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
What’s the food / drink situation at the Reign arena? I love me some premiere seats experience at Staples. The one good thing about the dark days was snagging $20 premiere seats out on Figueroa.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
What’s the food / drink situation at the Reign arena? I love me some premiere seats experience at Staples. The one good thing about the dark days was snagging $20 premiere seats out on Figueroa.

Typical stadium food. Overpriced. But quite a few choices. This is a really nice building, not an old hockey barn. Think of it as a half sized NHL arena, it's an excellent venue. Seats just under 10,000 for hockey. Most games in the 6,000 to 8,000+ in attendance during the weekend night games, not near as many on weeknights or Sunday matinees. Attendance increases after the Christmas holidays. Drive can be brutal traffic wise on weeknights/Fri night if you are coming from the west or Orange County. Quite a few places to eat in the area too, its right near Ontario Mills.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, definitely overpriced, but really good selection, and last i checked some great local drinks and food--but regulate is certainly more up to date on that than me!

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Reign/Kings add AHL MVP TJ Tynan and former Calder Cup and AHL goalie of the year Garrett Sparks (3rd goalie for the Kings).

Now when they have signed Tynan and Sparks and most will sign Burke soon, could you predict what kind of line up they will build? Or is it too soon?

Alex Turcotte - T.J. Tynan - Arthur Kaliyev
Adam Johnson (A) - Rasmus Kupari - Samuel Fagemo
Brayden Burke - John Madden - Martin Frk (A)
Johan Södergran - Brett Sutter (C) – Jacob Doty

W Aidan Dudas, RW/C Akil Thomas (injured)

Christian Wolanin – Sean Durzi
Jacob Moverare – Austin Strand
Markus Phillips - Kale Clague (if they don't trade him)
Jordan Spence

Garrett Sparks
Matt Villalta
(Jacob Ingham ECHL)

Team smallish and soft, but fast and skilled. Most likely they will sign a couple bigger veterans (one dman, one winger).

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Now when they have signed Tynan and Sparks and most will sign Burke soon, could you predict what kind of line up they will build? Or is it too soon?

Alex Turcotte - T.J. Tynan - Arthur Kaliyev
Adam Johnson (A) - Rasmus Kupari - Samuel Fagemo
Brayden Burke - John Madden - Martin Frk (A)
Johan Södergran - Brett Sutter (C) – Jacob Doty

W Aidan Dudas, RW/C Akil Thomas (injured)

Christian Wolanin – Sean Durzi
Jacob Moverare – Austin Strand
Markus Phillips - Kale Clague (if they don't trade him)
Jordan Spence

Garrett Sparks
Matt Villalta
(Jacob Ingham ECHL)

Team smallish and soft, but fast and skilled. Most likely they will sign a couple bigger veterans (one dman, one winger).

Well, not knowing who is going to be on the team makes this rampant guess work, but I'll give it a shot. So many variables. I think Byfield will be assigned to the AHL. There is even a slight possibility JAD is sent down to start due to his waiver eligibility with so many peeps via for NHL spots. Have to think a player or two is traded or waived. Even Wagner could end up back in ONT. And what about Frk? Is Grans coming over (Hoven says he's hearing yes). Will Spence make the team or go back to juniors as an over-ager? We have 4 goalies, where will everyone play? (Villalta, Sparks, Ingham, Parik signed an AHL deal). Will Tkachev make the Kings or use his European clause and go back to the KHL? Pretty much a done deal the Andersson will make LA. The other two forwards the Reign just signed likely assigned to the ECHL unless the Reign have some injuries. And you always have the possibility of losing players to waiver claims (Clague, Moverare with the most risk).

Turcotte-Byfield-Kupari
Fagemo-Tynan-Kaliyev (TJ Tynan is probably the best passer in the AHL, Kaliyev and Fagemo have the best shots on the team, along with Frk)
Johnson-Burke-Frk
Sutter-Dudas-Madden
Doty
Sodergran
Thomas (inj)

Wolanin-Clague
Moverare-Durzi
Phillips-Strand
Spence
Grans

Villalta
Sparks
Ingham
Parik

This will probably change 20 times before the AHL opens. Lets just hope all the leagues are going 100% without restrictions.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Is Grans confirmed to be coming over? Would prefer he stay in Sweden another year.

Also, really hope Madden isn’t in the 4th line, even if temporary. Didn’t him/Kupari/AK click early last year?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is Grans confirmed to be coming over? Would prefer he stay in Sweden another year.

Also, really hope Madden isn’t in the 4th line, even if temporary. Didn’t him/Kupari/AK click early last year?

I wouldn't, he's getting KHL'ed

Playing against men is great if you aren't being restricted

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Minus 21 in 43 games! He deserved to sit a few games. Next closest defender was -7!

yes, but if we're talking about development, why would you want him to stay in that situation?

Wouldn't you prefer him in NA on NA ice with our development team vs. being relegated and benched?

If he's not eligible it's a moot point but I don't see what keeping him there accomplishes.

Reactions: HookKing

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Grans isn't making the Kings, and I don't believe he's allowed to play in Ontario.

Grans is eligible to play in ONT, he's 19 and doesn't play in Canadian juniors, so he can come over from Europe. I saw an article in a Swedish newspaper on another site that said he is coming to North America to the AHL, which confirms what Hoven said in a article on his website.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Grans could spend a couple years in the AHL ala Voynov. He definitely has a fair amount of work to do in his own zone, but he's been transitioning into the position so its a not surprise his minus isnt the best.

Reactions: kinghock

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
yes, but if we're talking about development, why would you want him to stay in that situation?

Wouldn't you prefer him in NA on NA ice with our development team vs. being relegated and benched?

If he's not eligible it's a moot point but I don't see what keeping him there accomplishes.

Development is about more than just play time.

That said, if he would run the first unit PP in Sweden while in Ontario get no time? If he is top 4 in Sweden while bottom pair in Ontario don’t you think that would be better?

Plus if he keeps Spence from getting play time, as a whole it might be beneficial for Grans to wait a year before coming over.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
If the Kings want Grans in Ontario what makes you think he's not going to get playing time? The whole point of hiring coach Wrob is that he's a developmental coach. Yes icing a winning team is important. But it is not more important than making sure that the Kings best prospects are nhl-ready.

They just jettisoned Cole Hults and it's obviously because they value other defenseman prospects over him in the pipeline. The only reason to not have him in Ontario is to stagger contracts and that is a perfectly sound reason. But if the staff wants him in Ontario it's for good reason.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

That said, if he would run the first unit PP in Sweden while in Ontario get no time? If he is top 4 in Sweden while bottom pair in Ontario don’t you think that would be better?

Plus if he keeps Spence from getting play time, as a whole it might be beneficial for Grans to wait a year before coming over.

I guess I'm just trying to reconcile your comments and I'm not sure how to...on one hand, he sucks and deserves to be benched, on the other that's the best place for him?

IMO if he's not going to get those opportunities in Sweden he may as well be in our system, in our backyard, on our ice.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Spence is very good on offensive side, but he is really bad on defensive side.
Also he is only 5’10 and 165 pounds.
I have very serious doubts about his game.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Well, not knowing who is going to be on the team makes this rampant guess work, but I'll give it a shot. So many variables. I think Byfield will be assigned to the AHL. There is even a slight possibility JAD is sent down to start due to his waiver eligibility with so many peeps via for NHL spots. Have to think a player or two is traded or waived. Even Wagner could end up back in ONT. And what about Frk? Is Grans coming over (Hoven says he's hearing yes). Will Spence make the team or go back to juniors as an over-ager? We have 4 goalies, where will everyone play? (Villalta, Sparks, Ingham, Parik signed an AHL deal). Will Tkachev make the Kings or use his European clause and go back to the KHL? Pretty much a done deal the Andersson will make LA. The other two forwards the Reign just signed likely assigned to the ECHL unless the Reign have some injuries. And you always have the possibility of losing players to waiver claims (Clague, Moverare with the most risk).

Turcotte-Byfield-Kupari
Fagemo-Tynan-Kaliyev (TJ Tynan is probably the best passer in the AHL, Kaliyev and Fagemo have the best shots on the team, along with Frk)
Johnson-Burke-Frk
Sutter-Dudas-Madden
Doty
Sodergran
Thomas (inj)

Wolanin-Clague
Moverare-Durzi
Phillips-Strand
Spence
Grans

Villalta
Sparks
Ingham
Parik

This will probably change 20 times before the AHL opens. Lets just hope all the leagues are going 100% without restrictions.

Thanks. If they add those players, which you mentioned, they have a quite big ice-time problem. Especially PP-time. Too many players, who should get PP-time. And if they send JAD (or Wagner) to Ontario, there is also SH-icetime problem.

But wait and see what happens. Most likely they try to trade some guys, like Clague, away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad