Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Yes after watching it again I thought it was a pretty dirty play on Hults. He was a few feet from the boards and after clearing the puck with his back facing the boards, #38 of the Gulls checked him up high and he fell backwards pretty hard slamming into the boards. POS should of gotten a an elbow in return from someone, don't think any of the Reign saw what happened. It didn't look good but hoping he's alright. Hults have been one of the better dman on the Reign.

Last edited:
Reactions: andys

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Yes after watching it again I thought it was a pretty dirty play on Hults. He was a few feet from the boards and after clearing the puck with his back facing the boards, #38 of the Gulls checked him up high and he fell backwards pretty hard slamming into the boards. POS should of gotten a an elbow in return from someone, don't think any of the Reign saw what happened. It didn't look good but hoping he's alright. Hults have been one of the better dman on the Reign.

Yea I don't think anyone saw it. It looked like while he was being tended too, Imama skated to Berube and was possibly asking him who did it or what happened. I thought for sure Imama or Doty would go looking for retribution later, but nothing happened.

After Imama took a run at Zegras I had a feeling the Gulls would be looking to take a run at someone. I actually thought the game was going to blow up more than it did.

On a side note, I know you were joking but it would be really interesting to see Imama get a call up. In the AHL at least he seems to show a skill set that isn't all that bad. He's not a bad skater, has decent speed, gets in HARD on the forecheck, is a good fighter, plays PK and doesn't handle the puck like a grenade. He'd bring much needed energy and truculence to the Kings.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
The lack of response may have been due to the fact that they only had 5 defenseman dressed. With Hults out they only had 4. Can't remember if they had the lead or a tie at that point but if they wanted a win I'm not sure they could afford taking another guy off the ice for 5 minutes and possibly longer.

The fact that they won that game and limited the Gulls to the low shot total they did is impressive.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Yea I don't think anyone saw it. It looked like while he was being tended too, Imama skated to Berube and was possibly asking him who did it or what happened. I thought for sure Imama or Doty would go looking for retribution later, but nothing happened.

After Imama took a run at Zegras I had a feeling the Gulls would be looking to take a run at someone. I actually thought the game was going to blow up more than it did.

On a side note, I know you were joking but it would be really interesting to see Imama get a call up. In the AHL at least he seems to show a skill set that isn't all that bad. He's not a bad skater, has decent speed, gets in HARD on the forecheck, is a good fighter, plays PK and doesn't handle the puck like a grenade. He'd bring much needed energy and truculence to the Kings.

Regarding the first bolded I saw that too. He definitely asked Berube what happened and the camera didn't show it but I believe the announcers mentioned that Imama and Doty had a few words with #38 and a few of the Gulls players.

Also, funny you mentioned this because I was actually serious. I think a few games wouldn't hurt dude is a good fighter and a pretty good skater as you mentioned. Huge fan of Imama's. I think he brings the toughness that the Kings are looking for in the 4th line. Put him on a line with Lemieux and that might not be a bad line. Not like the Kings fourth line is tearing up the league. I would love for him to get a cup of tea.

The lack of response may have been due to the fact that they only had 5 defenseman dressed. With Hults out they only had 4. Can't remember if they had the lead or a tie at that point but if they wanted a win I'm not sure they could afford taking another guy off the ice for 5 minutes and possibly longer.

The fact that they won that game and limited the Gulls to the low shot total they did is impressive.

I believe it happened early in the second maybe 3 minutes in and Reign was up 2-1. But I agree they had only 4 defenseman for most of the second, and the whole 3rd period and pulled out a gutsy win. A few of the young Reign players have been injured by a few dirty plays and hope they can at least send a message somehow. Madden and then now Hults.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I am not a fan of a regular fighter, that provides little else. That said, and the end of the year if the Kings call him up, and get him a handful of NHL checks, for all he has done in the minors, I’m a fan.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
Regarding the first bolded I saw that too. He definitely asked Berube what happened and the camera didn't show it but I believe the announcers mentioned that Imama and Doty had a few words with #38 and a few of the Gulls players.

Also, funny you mentioned this because I was actually serious. I think a few games wouldn't hurt dude is a good fighter and a pretty good skater as you mentioned. Huge fan of Imama's. I think he brings the toughness that the Kings are looking for in the 4th line. Put him on a line with Lemieux and that might not be a bad line. Not like the Kings fourth line is tearing up the league. I would love for him to get a cup of tea.

Huge fan as well. Having watched ONT this season, I just love what he brings to the team. Always been a fan of those types of players and it's not like he's a one-dimensional goon; he can play a bit. Him and Lemieux on a line would wreck havoc on the opposition defense and if nothing else, it'd make the Kings at least entertaining to watch. He's put in his time in ONT. bring him up!!

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I am not a fan of a regular fighter, that provides little else. That said, and the end of the year if the Kings call him up, and get him a handful of NHL checks, for all he has done in the minors, I’m a fan.

I do think Imama brings a bit more then just being a fighter. I really like his toughness and how he sticks up for his teammates, an energy player that I'm sure can't be any worst then Amadios. I believe the Kings are not making the playoffs so I'd give a couple young players a few games including Imama.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Huge fan as well. Having watched ONT this season, I just love what he brings to the team. Always been a fan of those types of players and it's not like he's a one-dimensional goon; he can play a bit. Him and Lemieux on a line would wreck havoc on the opposition defense and if nothing else, it'd make the Kings at least entertaining to watch. He's put in his time in ONT. bring him up!!

My thoughts exact!!! Can't be any worst then what the Kings have dressed in the fourth line this year. Personally I think Imama and Doty makes the young Reign players feel at ease knowing they have someone who can back them up. Love those types of players. But we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Eagle Fang

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I still say the teams that out skate us , the knights, aves, and wild do so because they never fear running into any devastating hits or clean body checks as they turn up ice, don’t want to goon it up but damn watching guys do the “Olay” check why these guys get to full speed. I was amazed at how Vegas is constantly on the move but if you watch close they never get touched , in the glory years we were very hard to play against but not lately, look how that one hit help change the momentum Wednesday and that guy probably a middl weight at best you get hit by Imama and you stay hit for awhile, shared seats with my sons behind the reign goal a year or two ago and that man is wide body and drives thru people, we should start a petition to get him a couple of nhl paychecks

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
I still say the teams that out skate us , the knights, aves, and wild do so because they never fear running into any devastating hits or clean body checks as they turn up ice, don’t want to goon it up but damn watching guys do the “Olay” check why these guys get to full speed. I was amazed at how Vegas is constantly on the move but if you watch close they never get touched , in the glory years we were very hard to play against but not lately, look how that one hit help change the momentum Wednesday and that guy probably a middl weight at best you get hit by Imama and you stay hit for awhile, shared seats with my sons behind the reign goal a year or two ago and that man is wide body and drives thru people, we should start a petition to get him a couple of nhl paychecks

#BringUpBoko!

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I made fun of him getting called up to the NHL roster earlier in the year, but he definitely looks like he has improved to the point where it wouldn't be a complete shock to see him play a few games at least.
A lot of credit goes to him and the development staff even if he only ends up being a career AHL enforcer.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Vegas has Reaves. Wild have Foligno. And the Avs don't really have an enforcer, but thats why Vegas and Minny have their way with us. It's because they know they have somebody who will step in and fight for them. We need an enforcer.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
You guys are over thinking it. Vegas and Colorado have their way with us...and every other team in the league! Because...they are 2 of the top 5 teams in the league!!!

Both teams skate circles around the league, and it isn’t cause they employ Reeves...

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This is what this season has become for both teams. Wanting 24 year old Boko Imama to come up to add some kind of cheap entertainment value to a lost season.

Welcome back to mid 90's Kings hockey.

The worst period of Kings Hockey how dreadful was that era. But honestly would be a bit better then what we've been witnessing. Yikes.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This is what this season has become for both teams. Wanting 24 year old Boko Imama to come up to add some kind of cheap entertainment value to a lost season.

He'll be our Matt Johnson.

The Serious Hockey era.

s-l300.jpg

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
You guys are over thinking it. Vegas and Colorado have their way with us...and every other team in the league! Because...they are 2 of the top 5 teams in the league!!!

Both teams skate circles around the league, and it isn’t cause they employ Reeves...
Agreed. However Boko would bring some needed grit and intensity, I wouldn’t mind seeing that. I’d rather him as the tough guy over MacDermid as much as anything because he’s a forward. At this point it wouldn’t hurt the Kings season to try it out and who knows it may even be fun.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009

Although I haven’t been able to follow Kings as much, I feel the Ivanans fellow playing on the first line with Kopitar takes a good consideration for most embarrassing.

Get the feeling we might have a few years to go with this.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
Boko reading this thread. Just smashed some baby Shark on the forecheck and got in a fight.

Reactions: ru4reals

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
And Ontario down one nothing after four minutes.

At what point do we just pull the goalie for the whole game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->