Post-Game Talk: Only took a decade but we did it! Panthers win 5-4 in Minnesota. Yandle has himself a night, 1 g,4pt

5 straight wins in a place we haven't won since 03/09/2010?

• Oh helllllll yeah, offense keeps chugging along, win by 2 or more

• Nail-biting 1 goal win but let's not come back here anytime soon

• Panthers classic, up 2-1 late but somehow cough it up late and lose by one in regulation

• Cats can't shake the Minnesota curse and lay an egg, lose by 2-3 goals

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:panthers @ :wild
26-16-5 --vs-- 22-20-6

Panthers last 10 games: 7-3-0
Wild last 10 games: 4-5-1

The Panthers haven't won in Minnesota since a 3-2 SOW back on March 9, 2010...
I think it's time to end the misery and continue this budding confidence within the group. The Cats can put some distance between them and the idle Leafs, who both sit at 57 pts.

Definitely won't be easy for the Cats who are 10-8-3 on the road where as the Wild sport a 13-5-4 home record.
The Panthers should aim to test their 6th ranked PP vs the Wild's 26th ranked PK.
Both teams are bottom 10 in goals against but Florida has the big advantage on offense.

Florida's injuries: Weegar (LTIR), Driedger (week to week), Toninato (day to day with flu)

Minnesota's injuries: Koivu (day to day with flu), Hunt (day to day with flu)

The Wild are currently 7pts out of the 2nd WC spot held by the Coyotes while having games in hand but sit last place in the Central division with 50pts in 48 games.
They have the 14th ranked offense in goals per game.
The Wild are average to below average in key offensive and defensive stats but seem to play lights out at home.

The expected goalie match-up will be Bobrovsky vs Dubnyk.

"I thought we disrupted their power play," said Panthers coach Joel Quenneville following Sunday's practice in Minnesota. "With Bob [goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky] in net, we did a good job with the shooting lanes, passing lanes and also had some good clears.
"I thought there was consistency from start to finish on the PK. It's three more than we've seen in any game all year, and when you're short for as much time as we were, that was a good night for the penalty killers. Everybody should be excited about what happened."

Hopefully Brunette can help Q game-plan for MIN, he was there for seven years before joining the Panthers this off-season

Last edited:

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
If this team can surprise me and get a win tommorrow I'm going all-in on this team. I mean I'm pretty much there already but a win against Minnesota tommorrow when none of the stats say we should get a win would sell me on how legit this team really is.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Depending on how the next two games go, we’ll be anywhere from about 95-point pace (lose both) to 102-point pace (win both). We’re currently at 99-point pace. We need at least 2 ALWGAP games here to stay at 99 pace. Not much room for error.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The Problem we are faceing in Minnesota, they getting live back after a 7:0 win. They dont have a good Season and their time is up, from a PO Team to the Way to a Rebuild in the next Years.

So i expect a tough battle in Minnesota and there is no curse in Minnesota. But we faced always the Wilds with a shot rating 30% or higher from all top forwards. But those Years are done.
So with our ongoing preformance we can win it. And when we play Minnesota cant play. So lets do our Game.

Also a difference we have a Coach on the Bench who know the Wilds pretty good. Since Wilds faced Hawks a good amount of Times.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017

Curious who sits when Weegar is back, Stillman or Brown. Both have been playing to their expected roles of late.

Stillman has way too much upside / is playing well enough right now right off the jump that there's no way you can bench the kid. Brown's been OK.

In all honesty, Yandle should get a couple of games off, but you know it won't happen.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice

Curious who sits when Weegar is back, Stillman or Brown. Both have been playing to their expected roles of late.
Stiller had a rough start at the beginning of the season, but definitely thought he made McCoshen expendable on the depth chart, glad he's panning out now so far.

Good question. I would probably sit Stral to give him some rest (but played a lot of mins), but it will probably be Brownie (least mins on team).

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not sure if Toni was hurt last game, or it was just his turn to sit? It's his homecoming in Minnesota tomorrow night, so look to him to be full of energy. Probably have a lot of family and friends in the stands.

As for the Stillman / Brown debate, I think it's Stillman who will end up being sent down. Just a numbers speculation at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyBarkov

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Not sure if Toni was hurt last game, or it was just his turn to sit? It's his homecoming in Minnesota tomorrow night, so look to him to be full of energy. Probably have a lot of family and friends in the stands.

As for the Stillman / Brown debate, I think it's Stillman who will end up being sent down. Just a numbers speculation at this point.

According to JO Toni is/was sick

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

If I was Q...Brown easily. And yes, Brown has been playing well.

Stillman is already maybe our best pk'er, and he's just gonna keep getting better and better. In a couple years, he's gonna be a stud.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Bold prediction: Malgin's days are soon over (he has the tools, but he just does not bring enough consistancy with his game.)
I don't think that's a bold prediction at all... I mean, at this stage I'd be more surprised if we kept Malgin than not. He might put it together with a different club, but unless we suddenly have an injury and he steps up in a big way, he's probably done with the Panthers.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I don't think that's a bold prediction at all... I mean, at this stage I'd be more surprised if we kept Malgin than not. He might put it together with a different club, but unless we suddenly have an injury and he steps up in a big way, he's probably done with the Panthers.
Yeah, it was more ironic boldness than real boldness.

Completely agree. It is sad to see because he sometimes looks so good, and other times so bad. Not what you like to see for a bottom-6 player

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah, it was more ironic boldness than real boldness.

Completely agree. It is sad to see because he sometimes looks so good, and other times so bad. Not what you like to see for a bottom-6 player

I think it's the injuries. He gets banged up and isn't as efficient anymore. Early in the year he always looks good.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
small skilled player who just turned 23 days are now numbered, funny. He’s younger than Borg, Jayce, Hunt, Greco.

Skilled guys you want to be patient with, especially when size is not in their favor. He got off to a great start then went cold but when he came back he made some great plays that didn’t result in points. We also don’t have enough playmakers on this team, slippery guys who are patient with the puck.

there’s no real point in trading him because he prob won’t return much, his cap hit is low, and he’s got upside. I guess he could be intriguing to a team who is selling before the deadline because there’s potential upside and he’s cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->