Only in New York by Brian Leetch

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Great story. The Players Tribune is a lot better than I ever thought it would be. I'm sure a lot of stories have "ghost writers" but who cares. They are still interesting.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Great story. The Players Tribune is a lot better than I ever thought it would be. I'm sure a lot of stories have "ghost writers" but who cares. They are still interesting.

The athletes share their stories with a writer/interviewer. The writer/interviewer then transcribes the interview into blog form. Some journos have a problem with TPT not crediting the writer, but I don't see a real issue with it.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
The article didn't provide any clarity on the broken ankle incident, kidding. But for real, screw Wayne I'd be lining up for a photo with Janet. Just a reminder of what a special club we have.....

KreiderHouseRules*

Amazing article.

Players tribune is such a good idea. I wish I came up with it. Damn you, Jeter, you're some damn perfect.

One of my all time favorite plays is that play against Montreal that was posted. Robitaille literally says "ok hold up one sec I'll be right back," holds his glove up, circles up almost to the blueline and then Gretzky sees he's on his way, fakes right and then back to the near side and feeds a laser of a pass right onto the middle of the blade of a streaking Robitaille for the game-winner.

I love Gretzky.

I love Leetch.

I love Lamp.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
If you guys weren't Rangers fans would you really find this players tribune article interesting?

He didn't actually talk about what it means to play hockey in New York. This read like 99% of the PT articles, where it just involves the player finding different ways of saying "pinch me, I must be dreaming". Did you expect playing with Mark Messier and Wayne Gretzky was just going to be "run of the mill"?

Don't get me wrong, it was a neat little article, but it reads like all of them.

The best Player Tribune articles are the ones about specific incidents or aspects, like Sean Averys article on money, or Patrick O'Sullivan about his abusive father.

KreiderHouseRules*

If you guys weren't Rangers fans would you really find this players tribune article interesting?

He didn't actually talk about what it means to play hockey in New York. This read like 99% of the PT articles, where it just involves the player finding different ways of saying "pinch me, I must be dreaming". Did you expect playing with Mark Messier and Wayne Gretzky was just going to be "run of the mill"?

Don't get me wrong, it was a neat little article, but it reads like all of them.

The best Player Tribune articles are the ones about specific incidents or aspects, like Sean Averys article on money, or Patrick O'Sullivan about his abusive father.

And Carcillo's.

Agreed 1000%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad