OT - NO POLITICS Only 2 1/2 more months of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thank God every day that I went to college when there wasn't a proliferation of cell phones and recording devices available to document my stupidity. I honestly don't know how kids do that these days.
I graduated in 2008, right before iphones became a thing thankfully.

The amount of dumb dumb DUMB shit I did in college is astounding. It's a miracle I'm a functioning adult with a family.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Feeling pretty old this morning. My twins turned 12 today and I honestly don't know where the time has gone. It's crazy how quickly this has happened but they're beautiful young women now...
Happy Birthday to the twins! Also, please stop getting older. I remember when your youngest was born.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thank god we didn't have any social media in HS and college. I graduated college 3 months after Facebook invited our school to join.

I remember getting excited when my parents gave me a pager for my 16th birthday.

Looking back on it, I didn't get a cell phone until after I graduated high school.

I can't believe that was 20 years ago. God I feel old and I apologize for making anyone else feel that way.

Reactions: LSCII

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Thank god we didn't have any social media in HS and college. I graduated college 3 months after Facebook invited our school to join.

I remember getting excited when my parents gave me a pager for my 16th birthday.

Looking back on it, I didn't get a cell phone until after I graduated high school.

I can't believe that was 20 years ago. God I feel old and I apologize for making anyone else feel that way.

@Alicat there was no Internet when I graduated from HS in 1981. "Portable" phones were rare, huge and went for close to $2000 a shot. No Facebook, Twitter, texting, email, none of that existed. You either spoke to someone in person, called them on your landline phone or (gasp!) wrote them a letter. I have to say that is one thing I miss, getting letters from friends.

Now, wrap your head around that! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->