OT - NO POLITICS Only 2 1/2 more months of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Feeling pretty old this morning. My twins turned 12 today and I honestly don't know where the time has gone. It's crazy how quickly this has happened but they're beautiful young women now...

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Feeling pretty old this morning. My twins turned 12 today and I honestly don't know where the time has gone. It's crazy how quickly this has happened but they're beautiful young women now...

According to my sister you won't know what old feels like until they start dating & driving :laugh:

Hang in there!

Reactions: LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
According to my sister you won't know what old feels like until they start dating & driving :laugh:

Hang in there!

LOL, just the other day my daughter was upset that she got broken up with and at the same time the police scanner went off with my son responding to a domestic where there were known weapons in the house....talk about feeling old, was not a good night lol

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yeah, there are always these random exceptions to everything. Guys like him seem to get away with doing whatever they want and it's funny as hell to me to watch. Loved Da Ali G Show back on HBO years ago. His showtime program Who is America was brilliant as well. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's that funny. I honestly thought Borat wasn't that funny and that Bruno was far more outrageous and pushed the envelope further. The Dictator was also very clever, but was more of a traditional movie than gonzo political hit pieces like his shows and Borat. As I really enjoy his brand of humor, I'm definitely excited to check out the new movie.

Agreed...Bruno was actually uncomfortable watching it in the movies lol.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
LOL, just the other day my daughter was upset that she got broken up with and at the same time the police scanner went off with my son responding to a domestic where there were known weapons in the house....talk about feeling old, was not a good night lol

It's funny because the stress of being a parent never goes away, it just shifts to different worries. Like when they're babies, you worry about how they're tracking in terms of development. Then they get older and you worry about how they're tracking at school. Dating though? Driving? Ugh. Not prepared for that shit at all...lol

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Hang in there!

Thanks Betsy. You're all heart for reminding me it still can get worse. You want to swing by later and rochambeau me? :laugh:

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Guessing it has something to do with the visible firearm you said you’re always carrying?

Lol that makes no sense. Boog and Proud boys are always in Hawaiian Shirts and/or camo and are decked out in tactical gear.

I’m not a dork I don’t do that. I also don’t walk around with an AR slung around my shoulder. That attracts too much attention.

The comments were by people I know. One said move to Idaho cuz Boog boys are there and they “thought” I was one. Another person jokingly called me a proud boy.

the MS-13 one was even more hysterical. Just showed how racist the dude I know really is

“Mexicans and Salvadorans are the same”

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lol that makes no sense. Boog and Proud boys are always in Hawaiian Shirts and/or camo and are decked out in tactical gear.

I’m not a dork I don’t do that. I also don’t walk around with an AR slung around my shoulder. That attracts too much attention.

The comments were by people I know. One said move to Idaho cuz Boog boys are there and they “thought” I was one. Another person jokingly called me a proud boy.

the MS-13 one was even more hysterical. Just showed how racist the dude I know really is

“Mexicans and Salvadorans are the same”

Sounds like you need to narrow your circle and get rid of some of these people in your life

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
It's funny because the stress of being a parent never goes away, it just shifts to different worries. Like when they're babies, you worry about how they're tracking in terms of development. Then they get older and you worry about how they're tracking at school. Dating though? Driving? Ugh. Not prepared for that shit at all...lol

That is for sure. My youngest turned 20 this summer. Talk about feeling old. I've gone from rooting for them to win a game or get a good store on their math test, to rooting for them to get scholarships, internships and jobs. Same level of stress, different stakes :) I do have to say I've enjoyed every age of my children, some for different reasons than others, but it is amazing to watch them become adults. They generally make good decisions but it is a different feeling of powerlessness to see them make bad ones. My best coping mechanism is to recall what a moron I was at that age.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Aw....My daughter turned 41 Oct 12th. I haven't seen her since Christmas :(

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That is for sure. My youngest turned 20 this summer. Talk about feeling old. I've gone from rooting for them to win a game or get a good store on their math test, to rooting for them to get scholarships, internships and jobs. Same level of stress, different stakes :) I do have to say I've enjoyed every age of my children, some for different reasons than others, but it is amazing to watch them become adults. They generally make good decisions but it is a different feeling of powerlessness to see them make bad ones. My best coping mechanism is to recall what a moron I was at that age.
Hey...Nice to see you posting !

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's been interesting/great to watch my niece and nephew grow up. While I don't have nearly the stress their mother does I worry about them. Thankfully so far they've made positive choices and hopefully they will continue to do so. Thank God there was no Internet when we were growing up, no need for the kids to know some of the stupid things we did when we were their age :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's been interesting/great to watch my niece and nephew grow up. While I don't have nearly the stress their mother does I worry about them. Thankfully so far they've made positive choices and hopefully they will continue to do so. Thank God there was no Internet when we were growing up, no need for the kids to know some of the stupid things we did when we were their age :laugh:
if there was internet when I was growing up and doing things that were more than questionable, I`m almost certain I would have a record

Reactions: LSCII and BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
if there was internet when I was growing up and doing things that were more than questionable, I`m almost certain I would have a record

Based on the tales my father has told me, and how the stories have grown to include more and more truth/detail as I get older, I don't think you're alone in that.

One of the best examples is a Bruins/Flyers game he went to. He claimed at the time to have gotten a souvenir signed by Lindros. Then a sad kid was there waiting and didn't get an autograph so he gave the souvenir to the kid and yelled out again for Lindros to come back. Instead, a team employee hit him over the head with something and he ended up getting stitches. Now that I'm older, I have heard the real story. There was no souvenir or autograph. He got into a bar fight after the game and took a bottle to the head lol.

Reactions: LSCII and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->