OT - NO POLITICS Only 2 1/2 more months of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You try pandora yet? It's free, but you do have to register.

That's what I use. It's fine for what I need. Work to home is about an hour and I get through with minimal ad breaks. Often times when I first fire it up I get the option to listen to 1 longer commercial in exchange for an hour (perfect timing) of no ads. I always take it because it takes a minute for my phone to sync up to the car anyway.

BUT, having my own library on there would be nice.

Reactions: LSCII

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
One of my boys has been coughing the last two days, today it's my daughter...and now me. Firmly inside the "is this just the common cold again or Rona?" phase.

It's coming for me.
my rule is if amyone has a fever over 101. get tested. otherwise i dont worry about it.

Reactions: TD Charlie

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
You try pandora yet? It's free, but you do have to register.
i looked at it but i dont want anymore useenames or passwords ill end up forgetting.
i think i found a good replacement. Its called audify music player. seems to be the same as the other one so far.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
speaking of music. Google play app is gone. I had like 2000 songs i would play on that from my phone. Are there any app on the app store that can replace this?? I dont want to have to create another account for anything or pay some stupid fee just to play music from a phone.

Spotify

I pay for the premium because it's not that expensive and it gets rid of ads plus you can choose which songs you want to listen to on mobile (unless they've changed it since I signed up, on the free plan you can choose whatever song you want on the computer app, but on a phone it just plays songs from the album/playlist in a randomized order).

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
my rule is if amyone has a fever over 101. get tested. otherwise i dont worry about it.
Yeah, I've had a little cough the last few days, but taking my temperature and it's never been over 98.7 (if anything it's been running low), and no other symptoms, so I'm not getting worked up, probably a little cold. Of course being considerate and wearing masks and sanitizing my hands just in case.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I almost always get a cold in the fall when the weather is unpredictable as it is now- it is sunny & 70 degrees here in beautiful downtown Sterling this afternoon. It was foggy & 40 when I got up this morning. New England weather. If you don't like it wait a minute and it will change....

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Voter registration logs have always been public for campaigns and a quick google search shows that your state will release this information to anyone for a fee.

Access To and Use Of Voter Registration Lists

As Lonnie says, it sounds like a scam meant to intimidate voters
Anyone trying to intimidate folks who are voting should be locked up.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If MSG can't even host a dog show in February you can fugetaboutit hockey

Westminster Dog Show Will Move Outdoors in 2021

The event, long a fixture at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan, will move to Lyndhurst, a riverside estate in Westchester County, in June to comply with pandemic restrictions.

The change to a warm-weather, outdoor show was necessary, organizers said, to ensure the event could take place and still comply with the “ever-changing government restrictions” brought on by the health crisis.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I almost always get a cold in the fall when the weather is unpredictable as it is now- it is sunny & 70 degrees here in beautiful downtown Sterling this afternoon. It was foggy & 40 when I got up this morning. New England weather. If you don't like it wait a minute and it will change....

I don't get a cold but I can say that my allergies struggle mightily during the change of seasons, especially summer to fall. It's a 3 month period where my face leaks incessantly because of the wild temperature swings. I get runny noses, head pressure, bad headaches & sometimes migraines, a sore throat from all the post nasal drip running down my throat constantly, and because of the post nasal drip, it makes my stomach turn, so eating often skeeves me out. It also can impact my sleep. Luckily for all of us here, I've cursed my kids and passed them along to them, so we all get to be miserable together. And it happens every year, like clockwork.

Ironically, aside from the constantly leaking face, fall is my favorite time of year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yikes! Praying for your safety through this...
Thanks. There is no reason why I have to be here (was working form home just fine) They made everyone return. My boss and VP were fine with me working from home but it came from higher than them. I may retire earlier than I can afford .

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Thanks. There is no reason why I have to be here (was working form home just fine) They made everyone return. My boss and VP were fine with me working from home but it came from higher than them. I may retire earlier than I can afford .

Yeah, that's nonsense. They should let you guys stay home since it doesn't make a difference.

Reactions: Ladyfan

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Rule at work is any symptoms (cough, fever, cold) you need 2 covid tests to return. Glad they are being stringent but staffing is going to be fun this winter.

That's kind of nuts considering it's flu season as well. Seasonal allergies are bad as well this time. Not to mention the common cold. AS long as they are being paid to stay home I guess it's ok.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The stories out there about Rudy Guiliani getting caught in a Borat 2 prank have me crying laughing right now. So funny. I love SBC. That guy is brilliant.

In today's ultra sensitive world where stand up comedians are taken to task daily I'm shocked he would be allowed to operate as he usually does in Hollywood.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I don't get a cold but I can say that my allergies struggle mightily during the change of seasons, especially summer to fall. It's a 3 month period where my face leaks incessantly because of the wild temperature swings. I get runny noses, head pressure, bad headaches & sometimes migraines, a sore throat from all the post nasal drip running down my throat constantly, and because of the post nasal drip, it makes my stomach turn, so eating often skeeves me out. It also can impact my sleep. Luckily for all of us here, I've cursed my kids and passed them along to them, so we all get to be miserable together. And it happens every year, like clockwork.

Ironically, aside from the constantly leaking face, fall is my favorite time of year.
my face has been leaking for a month.
always this time of year. when it goes from cold to warm it kills me. i wish it would just stay cold. today has been brutal for me.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
But people can show NO signs and be a carrier. Not everyone gets sick but they can give it to others.
true but if you have any symptoms there are 3 distinct symptoms to look for. fever. constant shortness of breath and loss of taste and smell for covid.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My allergies have finally showed up to the point I had to do a netti pot treatment that was by far the most painful one I have ever done. At least it worked.

I hate taking my temperature because I run very low and hitting 98.5 makes me start to feel icky. It was 96.7 this morning.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In today's ultra sensitive world where stand up comedians are taken to task daily I'm shocked he would be allowed to operate as he usually does in Hollywood.

Yeah, there are always these random exceptions to everything. Guys like him seem to get away with doing whatever they want and it's funny as hell to me to watch. Loved Da Ali G Show back on HBO years ago. His showtime program Who is America was brilliant as well. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's that funny. I honestly thought Borat wasn't that funny and that Bruno was far more outrageous and pushed the envelope further. The Dictator was also very clever, but was more of a traditional movie than gonzo political hit pieces like his shows and Borat. As I really enjoy his brand of humor, I'm definitely excited to check out the new movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->