Waived: Ongoing 2018-19 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
does buf really have enough player left to waive those ?

Easily. Some of our AHLers would already be better options too (Smith, Asplund, etc).

Simply put, they didn't do enough to win spots over some vets and young talent who were much better (Nylander, Thompson).

I don't think either gets claimed...but wouldn't be shocked if one does.

Bailey looks like a beast sometimes and has great straight line speed but can't finish which kind of matters.

Baptiste is also a speedster. Less upside than Bailey imo but proved in a sizeable stint last year he can be a fine 4th liner.

These types of players every team has and gets waived all the time though. Again, could see someone looking for depth and speed take a shot on either but not expecting it. Baptiste to Ottawa would be my best guess if anything.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
BUF waiving two guys I liked back in 2013.
Yeah, I liked them too, and have been waiting to see them in buffalo ever since...

It just hasn’t happened. Both have had plenty of opportunities and just never really grabbed a spot.

Baptiste was able to stick on the 4th line near the end of last season. I thought he’d come in gunning for a spot. But he was just invisible all preseason.

I thought maybe bailey did enough to stick in that final wing spot, and thought maybe they’d keep him up just because he was waiver eligible.

But if it came down to Bailey vs Thompson/Nylander, it’s hard to argue for Bailey over either one and I am glad the Sabres kept the better player, contract status be damned (for a change... lol).
Buffalo needs to ice their best possible lineup. If that means losing one or both, then so be it I guess.

Hoping both clear though. But it may not be the worst thing for them to get a fresh start somewhere else.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Easily. Some of our AHLers would already be better options too (Smith, Asplund, etc).

They are just not going to perform in Buffalo. I wonder if Oilers would grab him, he had some success with McDavid in Erie but then anybody with a little talent would.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Jeez. He literally just signed there.

Guess if he wasn't going to make the team, he didn't want to be anchored down.

This has got to be his last chance in the NHL though. Walking away from the League three times now, and asking for mutual termination so that he didn't have to play in the AHL twice in a row.

Just bizarre. Asked to be released from Vancouver to sign in Davos, then asked to be released from Davos to sign in Anaheim, then asked to be released from Anaheim.

Nothing wrong with him trying to control his fate, in theory, but his method is not the best look, in practice.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Canucks need to claim Pontus Aberg.
I like his speed but I would much rather take a stab at Justin Bailey. Guy is huge and fast. Still young as well.

Also, if Mcdurmid isn’t an upgrade on Biega as a #7 d than I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->